Franchise or not yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchise or not yet

After the first 15 games (was suppose to be a period of ajustment and stuggles due to double teams, being the focal point , and having game plan against him etc)

Are we ready the say that it's bargnani's team ....
    the franchise player and number one option!!!!

Let me know
    Last edited by ab7; Thu Nov 25, 2010, 04:01 PM.

As the great Tracy Morgan would say:

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, hell no, no, no, I refuse, no."

Comment

id have to say NO. he still has a long way to go & i think hes just a piece to the puzzle if anything anyway.

Comment

I'm a Bargs supporter and stuff but:

Comment

he's the best offensive player on the team. period.

leave the "franchise player" label alone.. they're ALL franchise players until their contracts are up, or until they get traded.

Comment

What more is needed for him to be that ????

Comment

Not yet, but we all see reasons and glimpses of his progress and why anyone would say that ^^^. Ive never seen bargs tear it up consistently for this long. Give it a year, and see if he can keep this up for the rest of the season.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
                TO be able to do something other than score. And possibly be able to do it a little more consistently in crunch time. Real franchise players are guys who are leaders on the team, who set the tone on both ends of the court. Is Michael Beasley a franchise player because he's averaging 21.1 ppg?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

the term "franchise player" gets thrown around WAY too much. lets be honest... there's only like 5 or 6 REAL franchise players in the league... and a whole bunch of best player on their respective teams

hell, 5 or 6 may be a serious overstatement now that i really think about it.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    the term "franchise player" gets thrown around WAY too much. lets be honest... there's only like 5 or 6 REAL franchise players in the league... and a whole bunch of best player on their respective teams

hell, 5 or 6 may be a serious overstatement now that i really think about it.
                    +1

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
                      This is not meant to be facetious (just a bit maybe)...when the other players kneel before him, bow solemnly and with an ohmlike incantation keep repeating at least 3 times "youuuuu arrrrrrr ourrrrrrrr leeeeadder".

Leave the man alone. Please. It's only been 4 games.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                        I'm a Bargs supporter and stuff but:
                        Ah, whatwhat U always make me laugh
                        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                          +1
                          +1
                          While I really like the kid, and love what he's playing like so far there are only a few players at best that could be considered franchise players. Kobe is a franchise player to which all others should be compared and because of that there may only be one franchise player in the game today.

Comment

i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

still, both i consider franchise players..

miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              i dunno... i've personally always considered the title of "franchise player" to mean the team's foundation... not the team's centrepiece

kobe is the foundation that the current lakers is built on... and also their centrepiece

tim duncan is the foundation that the spurs are built on... but he's not even their most talented player

still, both i consider franchise players..

miami, while showing off multiple "franchise player" quality players (and by multiple, i mean 2).. dont actually have one.. there's no foundation there... its like they took three massive piles of dung, threw it at a wall, and then took 12 other little mini dung nuggets... threw those too.. and hoped it would all stick

toronto is a LONG way off from having a franchise player.... hell, we've only had one in our history.. and he cried his way out of town in exchange for a couple williamses
                              its funny that nobody seems to notice that LBJ has been just as terrible as CB4. hes averaging career lows.... Wade is Wade but since hes been hurt hes been horrible too.

wade has shown that he can be considered a "Franchise Player" CB4 & LBJ have only proved they can put up #s & still loose.

Comment

Working...
                              X