No announcement yet.

Could we get Robin Lopez for Dero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind seeing DeRosan coming off the bench playing against second stringers to see if he can develope his game more. Right now he is really struggling with his game and shot. Now is the time to bring him off the bench and start Barbosa. He has lost some of his confidence; let him play against second stringers and bring that confidence back and maybe back into starting!

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
      You sir are the hypocrite. To compare Bargnani's second season under Mitchell, off the bench one night playing 30 minutes at center, and the next playing 4 minutes, then moving him to the three because ball hog was already at the 4, is not at all the same as the way DeRozan has been handled.
      As a matter of fact DeRozan has Bargnani to thank for his starting role the way I see it, because B.C. saw how much Mitchell screwed Bargnani up, and demanded DeMar start and get minutes to develop regardless of his play and that has held true to this day or he would not be starting.DeRozan while a talented promising and developing athlete is not currently the best SG on the team, and based purely on that would be relegated to 5 or 6 minutes per game behind Weems and Barbosa.
      well said dude

Comment

I would do it but there's no way the Suns do this and go even smaller.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          How many of you would take this deal?
          Funny trade given that Robin Lopez is the only legitimate big man that the Suns now have.

They do have E. Barron and C. Frye who are both listed at 6'11" but neither one of those is a low post player, defender or rebounder.

Why would they do this deal?

Geez
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
            You sir are the hypocrite. To compare Bargnani's second season under Mitchell, off the bench one night playing 30 minutes at center, and the next playing 4 minutes, then moving him to the three because ball hog was already at the 4, is not at all the same as the way DeRozan has been handled.
            As a matter of fact DeRozan has Bargnani to thank for his starting role the way I see it, because B.C. saw how much Mitchell screwed Bargnani up, and demanded DeMar start and get minutes to develop regardless of his play and that has held true to this day or he would not be starting.DeRozan while a talented promising and developing athlete is not currently the best SG on the team, and based purely on that would be relegated to 5 or 6 minutes per game behind Weems and Barbosa.
            Before you start calling people a hypocrite, make sure that you are coming from a place of knowledge. Bargnani started 53 games in his 2nd season, including 40 in a row, the vast majority at center. And during that 40 game stretch he averaged 29 mpg. And Bargnani didn't play the 3 until his third season when Jermaine O'Neal was a Raptor.

And the main reason Bargnani was yanked out of the starting lineup and his minutes reduced was because he wasn't performing and doing the things asked of him.

Also, I'm not the one who said that you're a Raptor hater if you criticize a Raptor player, and then did it himself.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              i think your grasping at straws bud! RL has played a combined 120 games over a span of 5 season so far........i dont think id even part with a 2nd rounder for him at this point.......

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...rs/Robin_Lopez
              Lopez is in his 3rd season. You were looking at his college years, as well. Still, he does have back issues, but it's not nearly as bad as you are inferring.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

if chemistry alone was enough to keep players JJ would still be here... the fact is at some point DD has to show more then he is now or hes not worth keeping.... i doubt anyone on here would argue whos the better Lopez brother but DD would more likely to be traded for Robin for the mere fact that NJ would never make that trade...

You'd also be better off Keeping crap like your last comment to yourself if u want anyone to take u seriously!

now if we could swap DD for Derrick Favers i wouldnt be mad at all... from what ive read Avery Johnsons not overly impressed with him anyway & believe it or not but Kris Humphries has been averaging more minutes & has done pretty well too LOL
                jj has reached his ceiling, he's not getting any better, you know what you're gonna get from him. dd is just starting to scratch the surface of what he can do. i dont know what you expect of a 21 year old kid playing against the most talented and athletically gifted players on a nightly basis? he was raw at usc and he's raw here. there's more to playing in the nba then just showing up and taking the floor. you have to be comfortable with your coaches, the locker room, your role, yourself. if he was 28, i would write him off too. if you base your comment purely on showing up and playing then fine, but if you're smart enough to factor in all of the outside factors, you would probably be a little more forgiving. have you ever played competitive basketball? if you did, you would probably respect the team dynamic and what it means as a rookie/sophmore/young player entering that atmosphere. further more, i'll use t-mac and his time with the raptors as an example. similar player, similar build, similar game. what happened? he looked lost at times, inconsistent, showed flashes of brilliance. young raw players take time to develop, period. he's a gym rat, he'll get there.

if my idiot fan boy reference struck a nerve, maybe thats something you need to deal with . . . .

Comment

Bizarre thread. Colangelo has shown nothing but patience with his top draft picks. He gives them lots of time to develop. During 3 years of Bargnani is a bust, get him the hell out of town hysteria, Colangelo stuck by his draft pick and said give him time to develop and he'll be very good. He will give DD the same latitude. DD fits into his new strategy to develop young talent going forward. If I were setting the odds in Vegas it would be something like 1000:1 against DD being traded anytime soon.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

_cp_ wrote: View Post

if my idiot fan boy reference struck a nerve, maybe thats something you need to deal with . . . .
                    not at all... but id be more willing to listen to your opinion without seeing the insults to other fans on this forum. this place is ment to discuss all things raptor related, insulting other members is just counter productive....

Comment

not at all... but id be more willing to listen to your opinion without seeing the insults to other fans on this forum. this place is ment to discuss all things raptor related, insulting other members is just counter productive....
                      my apologies, i've spent waaaaaay too much time reading posts on here and raptors republic by people who lack insight on the topics they choose to comment. freedom of speech is a right, as is mine to criticize it, i promise to be more tactful in the future

Comment

my apologies, i've spent waaaaaay too much time reading posts on here and raptors republic by people who lack insight on the topics they choose to comment. freedom of speech is a right, as is mine to criticize it, i promise to be more tactful in the future
                        shut up ya douche!

(just kidding, lol)

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Lopez is in his 3rd season. You were looking at his college years, as well. Still, he does have back issues, but it's not nearly as bad as you are inferring.
                          ya i just noticed that. not as bad i first assumed i guess but still not good..

Comment

why would you want a 36 year old steve nash with a bad back? he's got 1 maybe 2 years left. and why would you want the shitty lopez? i would contemplate brook for DD straight up but certainly not robin. there is really nobody on the suns i would take in return for DD. and why do you want to trade him in the first place? he has great chemistry with sonny and amir and bayless (by the sounds of bayless's interview), he wants to be here and he wants to win. you people are perfect examples of why idiot fanboys never become GM's
                            Goran Dragic (heir to Nash).

Comment

no prob. ill admit i dont agree with alot of things i read aswell but i do try to not throw around insults. i usually just agree to disagree & move on.

Comment

how about bargnani for a 1KG bag of peanuts??

Comment

Working...
                                X