Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Suffers a Broken Foot

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31113730/ns/sports/

Reggie Evans suffered a fractured right foot in Friday's loss to Boston.

He's obviously going to miss a lot of time and there's no timetable for his return yet. Amir Johnson should be picked up immediately in all leagues. Run, don't walk. Peja Stojakovic is also expected to see a lot of minutes, and could even end up starting over Amir.

Source: Matt Devlin on Twitter

Definitely not the way the Raptors (or me) would have wanted Davis to get extra minutes.

I hope he has a speedy recovery.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT Evans! :'(

Comment

That must be really disappointing for Reggie. He is having a career year during a contract year and he breaks a foot. He will not be the same if he comes back as his conditioning will most likely be as it was last year when he returned. It will be very interesting now to see how Davis and Dorsey can fill in. Although this is not the ideal way for them to get minutes, those two playing fits into the Raptors long-term plans better. If we are building for the future then playing the young guys more would benefit us. The biggest downside for me is that Reggie is no longer a trade chip, but is merely an expiring contract.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Davis will be an upgrade over Evans.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT Evans! :'(
          This is a blessing in disguise. I'm not hating on Reggie but we shouldn't have been down by 22. Triano's insistence that the starting 5 start at the beginning of the 3rd quarter was so wrong. I think he should have pulled out Reggie quicker when the team was playing the Celts 4 on 5 on offense. I'm not worried about this especially if Amir gets to move to the starting line-up. Kleiza will be in the second unit as a PF and Peja at the 3. The trade works out after all. When Davis comes back, Reggie's absence will be mitigated. The team needed to stretch the floor and this is where Stojakovic comes in. Also, too many alley-oops tonight. Players were simply forgetting their man, especially the front court tandem of Bargs and Evans.

This isn't as bad as most people think. The team now gets to play 5 on 5 on offense. Too bad Weems and Demar had rough outings. It feels like they're 3 games away from losing their starting gigs.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            This is a blessing in disguise. I'm not hating on Reggie but we shouldn't have been down by 22. Triano's insistence that the starting 5 start at the beginning of the 3rd quarter was so wrong. I think he should have pulled out Reggie quicker when the team was playing the Celts 4 on 5 on offense. I'm not worried about this especially if Amir gets to move to the starting line-up. Kleiza will be in the second unit as a PF and Peja at the 3. The trade works out after all. When Davis comes back, Reggie's absence will be mitigated. The team needed to stretch the floor and this is where Stojakovic comes in. Also, too many alley-oops tonight. Players were simply forgetting their man, especially the front court tandem of Bargs and Evans.

This isn't as bad as most people think. The team now gets to play 5 on 5 on offense. Too bad Weems and Demar had rough outings. It feels like they're 3 games away from losing their starting gigs.
            Erie plays Sunday.

It will be interesting to see if Davis plays in Fort Wayne or Toronto on Sunday.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

While I'm happy Big Ed is gonna be getting serious minutes, I think Buddahfan is selling him short. He's by far the best defender in the post, by far the leader of this team (by example no less) and at worst was playing himself into being a nice trade chip. As a fan I'm really going to miss the cheap shots, dirty play and hustle that would inevitably frustrate the enemy. This is a big loss, bigger than what any rookie post player is going to be able to replace.

I'm way more depressed about this than the loss.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Erie plays Sunday.

It will be interesting to see if Davis plays in Fort Wayne or Toronto on Sunday.
                We shall all wait and see. I just hope they don't put Dorsey in the starting line up. This is my happy line-up sans Reggie:

Calderon
                Derozan
                Weems
                Johnson
                Bargnani

2nd unit
                Bayless
                Barbosa
                Stojakovic
                Kleiza / Davis
                Dorsey
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  We shall all wait and see. I just hope they don't put Dorsey in the starting line up. This is my happy line-up sans Reggie:

Calderon
                  Derozan
                  Weems
                  Johnson
                  Bargnani

2nd unit
                  Bayless
                  Barbosa
                  Stojakovic
                  Kleiza / Davis
                  Dorsey
                  We will find out who will start but my sense of it is that Peja like Reggie can't handle 30 mpg but then Johnson probably can't either because of fouls.

It would make more sense to start Johnson or Peja initially because Davis is not up to speed physically and with the Raptors offense. Johnson also has a good connection with Calderon.

If it was up to me I would start

Bargnani
                  Johnson
                  Kleiza
                  Calderon
                  DeRozan - who plays a lot better when on the court with Johnson then with......

Comment

This sucks large. While Reggie makes a great cheerleader, I'd rather see him in uniform than with that wrinkly burlap sack he calls a sports coat.

I have to say though, it will shake things up, give some other people time that normally wouldn't get much time. I think the Raps might be just fine. Looking forward to seeing what Dorsey can do.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Wow. I guess we will quickly see harping on bargs lack of boards very soon once again. Can't say much as I bitch about it too.

Like to see a bayless barbosa Weems Johnson lineup. Add in bargnani or Dorsey or Davis. This is of course second unit but would be exciting.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Wow. I guess we will quickly see harping on bargs lack of boards very soon once again. Can't say much as I bitch about it t
                        Rebounding is way over rated.

It is important but shooting and scoring are more important.

Raptors out rebounded the Celtics tonight 44 - 35.

Celtics shot 54% and the Raptors 45%

Celtics won.

Comment

True enough Buddhafan. I really hate the Celtics. Almost as much as I hate the Lakers (which is almost as much as Miami). I hate losing to these teams. Really nice come back though after Reggie went down. Got it down to 6. But damn.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                            Rebounding is way over rated.

It is important but shooting and scoring are more important.

Raptors out rebounded the Celtics tonight 44 - 35.

Celtics shot 54% and the Raptors 45%

Celtics won.
                            Rebounding is under rated NOT over rated... after all if u dont get the ball how can u score it.... if your just going to inbound after every second chance bucket against then its going to be a real long night.........& season!

Comment

Was this same foot that kept him out all of last season?

Comment

Working...
                              X