Joey Dorsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Dorsey

i've love this guy since his memphis days with rose. its time for him to shine and i think he'll do more of a better job then reggie (aside from leadership and voice in lockeroom).

He played very well against Miami when Evans was out. 11 rebs I believe.

Comment

Maybe he will now get some more burn.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Since I view this season as one of getting to know what we have talent wise going forward and playing everyone in different combinations (without too much regard for the w/l record) competing hard, I would look seriously at Dorsey. He has better skills than Reggie and could be a very competent backup/role player. Like Reggie, toughness is an asset this team needs constantly and with Reggie's contract expiring he can takeover that role and be like a Baby Davis on the Raps.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Since I view this season as one of getting to know what we have talent wise going forward and playing everyone in different combinations (without too much regard for the w/l record) competing hard, I would look seriously at Dorsey. He has better skills than Reggie and could be a very competent backup/role player. Like Reggie, toughness is an asset this team needs constantly and with Reggie's contract expiring he can takeover that role and be like a Baby Davis on the Raps.
          I agree but it is awful how this has played out for Reggie though.

Comment

I agree Matt52. Not only would we have been able to trade something for him at deadline but he would have gotten a nice payday this summer.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
              I agree Matt52. Not only would we have been able to trade something for him at deadline but he would have gotten a nice payday this summer.
              Normal breaks tend to be 6-8 wks. with another 2 for conditioning. Theoretically that should make him available beginning of Feb sometime.
              Trade deadline is Feb 24th. so there might be that possibility.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Normal breaks tend to be 6-8 wks. with another 2 for conditioning. Theoretically that should make him available beginning of Feb sometime.
                Trade deadline is Feb 24th. so there might be that possibility.
                True and I hope you are right. Unfortunately his history from last year is not on his side.

Comment

Trade Value

Healthy or not, Reggie's expiring deal will still be traded. I hope he resigns with us next season.
                  It is still an awful thing to happen to a likeable guy. The good news is its the other foot, and from his twitter, seems to be taken it good.
                  Good point, if the goal of this team is to give the young guys minutes, you gotta go with Dorsey and Davis.

Comment

Yah Dorsey should get minutes now, hopefully he can prove he derserves since we ain't gonna rebound as well as we used to without Reginald... however, im more interested in the situation with Peja, does this mean he's gonna get more burn than he did, and will linas end playin more PF or something, those r juss some things im wondering on this one. Hopefully Weems get out of his to 2 game funk and DD get the hell out playin like he belongs 13th man in the rotation. Dorsey, weems and DD have got alot to prove this year since i think in a year or two they got contract years

Comment

Replace "Reggie, Reggie" with "Joey, Joey, Joey". He may make us forget who Reggie is. The man is a beast.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Replace "Reggie, Reggie" with "Joey, Joey, Joey". He may make us forget who Reggie is. The man is a beast.
                        No one can replace Reggie, even if they outperform him.

Comment

Working...
                        X