No announcement yet.

We need a New Head Coach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, Peja was out with a knee that was injured or reinjured during practise thats why he didn't play today.
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Brendan Malone
      Darrell Walker
      Butch Carter
      Lenny Wilkens
      Kevin O'Neill
      Sam Mitchell
      Jay Triano

Check this list out...
      Toronto Raptors Head Coaches...WoW..
      Talk about crap.
      Fabulious Coaching..LOL!!!
      U talk about respected and winning coaching and I don't see any of them on this list.
      Plz if anyone says Lenny Wilkins is great coach ure on cloud 9..his one of the worst loosing coaches of all time...

If this franchise ever once 2 be recognized as great team..first u gotta find the right coach.
      Coaching does matter..LOOK AT CLEVELAND..
      Hmmm Byron Scott is doin all right.
      Brendan Malone-NBA Champion
      Butch Carter-Great coach
      Lenny Wilkens-Hall of Fame
      Sam Mitchell-COY
      Jay Triano-Olympic Champion

Malone's teams-expansion crap, fired for trying to win
      Carter's Teams-Pretty good actually, fired for trying to takeover the franchise
      Wilken's teams-Olajuon was shit, Vince was shit, fired for being semi-retired
      Mitchell's teams-Garbo goes down, replaced by.....fired for wanting a better team
      Triano's teams-If I told you this was an expansion team, you wouldn't be surprised. Currently dropping f-bombs and looking like a guy who's sarting to understand why smitch was pissed off half the time. In other words, gaining experince in the league, and finding out coaching a franchise with no history of winning and mediocre in house talent isn't as easy as it looked.
      Bottom line, these guys can coach, but noone can win with scrubs.

Phil Jackson's teams- some of the all-time greats
      Red Auerbach's teams-lead by the greatest of all-time
      Pat Riley's teams-some of the all-time greats

Comment

This is going to be a long season. I imagine these posts will further degrade as the season progresses as well. The thing that pissed me off about this game is that it was boring (except for JTs interview) and lethargic. I don't mind the losing if there is some hustle. However, this team is teaching me the lesson of chill and patience. I let the bad games wash over me and enjoy the games that are entertaining.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          The problem with this team has very little to do with coaching. Look at our list of GMs. Other than Isaiah (who destroyed the Knicks) and Babcock (who went back to his old job with the TWolves), none of them have landed on their feet after leaving the Raps. Hiring garbage GMs is a hallmark of MLSE. The more hope they sell, the less quality of player they are obligated to pay for maximum profit.
          Grunwald has been asst. gm in NY for Isiah & Walsh for quite some time now.

Comment

What is firing Triano going to accomplish? Will firing Triano suddenly make Bargs a good weak-side defender? Will DeMar suddenly get a handle and a jump shot? Will Jose suddenly be able to keep anyone in the league in front of him?

The problems this team face have to do with a lack of talent, not coaching. A strong bench and a deep roster will let you steal some games here and there over the course of a season, but the quality of your starters is what consistently wins games in the NBA. Look at the Raps' starting lineup. Nobody, except for maybe Bargs depending on the team, would start for team looking to advance in the playoffs.

The best coaches are former players and people who have been around the game a long time, like Jay. And just like players, coaches need time to develop, to make mistakes and to learn and grow in their profession. So let Triano grow with the team, because he could very well develop into a top-quality coach once he's got some polished, solid players to coach instead of trying to manage a sinking ship full of holes.

Comment

i love these sacrificial lamb threads after losses.

its like a 6 year old after church getting denied macdonalds.. "you promised me macdonald and you give me taco bell!!! mcdonalds mommy!!! MMMMMMMMMAAAACCCCCCDDDDDDOOOONNNNAAAALLLLLDDDDDSSS SS!!!! I WANT MCNUGGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                How was he able to get away with dropping the F-bombs anyway without such much as a peep from B.C. and company? That was crazy. First time I have every witnessed that!
                He's been doing it all year. Earlier this year on a TSN national broadcast he let out the s_word and I've heard the f bomb on at least a few occasions this year.

It's getting pretty pathetic now. All of a sudden he's the tough swearing coach that can't keep his emotions in check?

Comment

I hear this guy will be avaliable soon:

What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

This thread is nonsense Triano is doing his best with what he has to work with! Simple as that ....even if we had Phil Jackson the Lakers coach do you really think he could do better with this type of team we have. I don't think so!!!! Until you have some talent on this team don't expect miracles!!! We have a roster that has some pieces that could add to a team and be good somewhere down the line but until we get a consistant producer on the court; don't look for any surprises!! Just think about it Reggie Evans a starter; on any other team he would be coming off the bench and playing maybe 10 or 15 min. tops. Don't get me wrong I love Reggie who gives this team heart and solid min when he is on the court but give me a break he is not the end all of NBA talent!!!

Comment

I think Triano is doing a great job. They've already won twice as many games so far than I thought they would. With the lack of talent on this team, Triano should be in the running for Coach of the Year.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

I think he is doing a decent job. Now, if can just get his head out of
                        BC's ass a bit and play Barbosa less. The guy is taking so many dumb shots,
                        makes the games painful to watch...

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
                          We can't win if were are one of the worst defensive teams which is what we have been under Triano. There is no doubt he knows his stuff on the offensive end but we have to play at the very least some defense.
                          Not so sure about the offense he is running. I realize that you have to feed the hot hand and a lot has been written about getting Bargs going early; but every time Bargs is on the floor the entire offense is structured around him. You could see Weems, Derozan and Kleiza getting a little frustrate with not being involved. It is critical to get every player looks at the beginning of the game and then figure out who is going to be 'on' and feed them later in the game. If players get frustrated on offense they stop running, stop playing defense, stop rebounding, stop setting hard screens, etc. Triano has to do a better job of getting everyone involved. Where is this motion offense we heard so much about in the preseason? For 90% of the game the Raptors rely on two-man sets.

As of defense - what an f$%&ing joke - how about those two backdoor cuts on consecutive plays? Looks like a fucking high school team playing defense out there!

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            No, We don't.

1) We need a New GM who can recognise talent and actually bring players to this team who can play. This team is full of scrubs that have been sold to the fans as players with " Potential" and " Future" While none of them are/will be more than a solid NBA reserve one day.

The fans are buying into thr BS that is sold to them by this GM and end result is what we saw today.

Look at Amir, Weems, DD and Bayless, the Young Buns of Toronto, the future, and see how they did today.
                            I agree with Raptor4Ever, especially with the "Young Onez" fairytale...Who is Weems? Who is Amir? Are they going to be as good as they are trying to persuade us? I doubt...I dont know about DD yet, but the others are mediocre players, with some good nights. Veeery inconsistent players. Add Kleiza with them, a player i adored last year. But last year he was so inconsistent as now...

Comment

We need more reasonable fans.
                              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Brendan Malone
                                Darrell Walker
                                Butch Carter
                                Lenny Wilkens
                                Kevin O'Neill
                                Sam Mitchell
                                Jay Triano

Check this list out...
                                Toronto Raptors Head Coaches...WoW..
                                Talk about crap.
                                Fabulious Coaching..LOL!!!
                                U talk about respected and winning coaching and I don't see any of them on this list.
                                Plz if anyone says Lenny Wilkins is great coach ure on cloud 9..his one of the worst loosing coaches of all time...

If this franchise ever once 2 be recognized as great team..first u gotta find the right coach.
                                Coaching does matter..LOOK AT CLEVELAND..
                                Hmmm Byron Scott is doin all right.
                                Personally I thought Triano went to head coach because of his relationship with Bosh at the time. It seemed like a good move to make him happy. But now the CB1 is gone, I dont see what he brings to the table other than a low-cost canadian flavour. Anyone know what his contract is like?
                                Although no other coach will get wins out of this team this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X