• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Recalled from D League

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/davis_recalled

Woooooooooo! Can't wait till his debut!

Comment

Our next game is Friday, hopefully that's enough time for him to get his stamina improved. Was hoping they kept him in the D league for a couple more games but his performances down there and our lack of bigs probably forces this.

Comment

Not surprising, I called it in the other thread. With Erie not playing until Friday, no point in leaving him down to practice with scrubs.

Comment

I hope Amir has a good game so that Davis doesn't need to be force fed too much PT right out the gate. I think they should and will try to ease him in.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Our next game is Friday, hopefully that's enough time for him to get his stamina improved. Was hoping they kept him in the D league for a couple more games but his performances down there and our lack of bigs probably forces this.
            Our next game is Wednesday against Wiz. The article said he'll be in the lineup for that game.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Our next game is Wednesday against Wiz. The article said he'll be in the lineup for that game.
              My bad, misread raptors.com

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I hope Amir has a good game so that Davis doesn't need to be force fed too much PT right out the gate. I think they should and will try to ease him in.
                agreed... hopefully he only plays enough to limit the other PFs nightly foulstravaganza

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  agreed... hopefully he only plays enough to limit the other PFs nightly foulstravaganza
                  You know what? I dont mind Amir starting, with Jose now the starting point guard, I dont see why the duo cant be paired up together again, Bayless has a score first mentality that ain`t gonna help Amir play his game.

Comment

they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it's possibly that the combination of this team being terrible, and Davis not ever having played has led some of you to believe that he is somehow only sidelined as a saviour or very important piece to this fucked up puzzle.

He's not guys.

Don't set unrealistic expectations on a guy that was touted as a project for this year at the start since he missed almost ALL of his last year at college where it was hoped he would develop into a solid NBA prospect.

Perhaps he will one day be that player. But now, at this point, he is so far behind in his development that to expect anything from him past the odd promising play would be wrong.

I'm not counting him out, but I'm also sure as hell not placing to much on this kids shoulders, I hope, for his sake, the Toronto fan base doesn't either.

Comment

Here's my predicted line for him:

20 minutes, 10 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Awwww yeah!!!!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

14 points 9 rebounds 2 blocks in 25 min. Book it!

Comment

I wouldn't mind if both were called up but right now davis clearly dominated the 2 games he was there in the limited time he was there. What I really wanted to see was alabi and davis on the floor at the sametime I very much think they would compliment each other nicely

Comment

I would rather Davis play less than 20 minutes, don't want to aggravate his injury...

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                              You know what? I dont mind Amir starting, with Jose now the starting point guard, I dont see why the duo cant be paired up together again, Bayless has a score first mentality that ain`t gonna help Amir play his game.
                              i agree, under one condition. amir can control his fouls. he's useless when he's in foul trouble constantly.

amir and jose work well together offensively though.

Comment

Working...
                              X