Poor Julian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Julian

Anyone else notice that Julian Wright was the only Raptor with a negative plus minus last night? 1 block 1 foul and minus eight. It takes something special to finish minus 8 when your team wins by almost 20 points.

He's good but I wish he wasn't so freakin' wild. I mean the man is wild on offense and defense. He seriously needs to calm down. There's a glut of SFs in this team and unless there's an injury, he's glued to the bench. His defense is what will get him into games but he has lapses in his judgement and causes to have the Amir foul syndrome from time to time.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

plus he played the last few minutes when it was garbage time anyway. I think the wizards were down by 30 and then came back to lose by 22 or something. That could be why. There as no real urgency at the end. I wouldn't look too much into the +- for him from last night

Comment

I'd be frustrated if I was Julian. Gave Triano good (and borderline great) minutes in the Magic and Heat games, then rides the pine.

Why he didn't see any minutes against the Hawks is utterly beyond me. He was the right sub against that hyper-athletic team.

Comment

I don't think Triano knows right now what he is doing with the rotations.

It will be interesting to see if he continues to start the YGZ as a unit.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Wright has become a victim of the numbers game.

Wright's big problem is that during his time in the league he explainably plays a lot better at the #4 than at the #3 even though looking at him one would think otherwise.

He is not going to get minutes at the #4 and he just doesn't play the #3 good enough on a regular basis to play ahead of Weems and Kleiza.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i'd like to see what he could do with say, 12 minutes a game. and ritalin.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If the Raptors want a better chance to win against the Thunder they would be wise to give Kleiza's minutes to Wright because Kevin Durant and Jeff Green would have much harder time to score.

Comment

julian has a place on this team as a defender but will triano use him is the question. There are many times I think julian would be perfect to come off the bench to help stop a run and with davis on the court he could be even better as help D can come from julian or davis. I think that triano sees him as a liability on offense so he doesn't play him.

Comment

I've been particularly dissapointed that Julian isn't getting more minutes. In my opinion he's the Raptors second best hustle/energy guy after Reggie. I don't see him as a liability on offense, since he knows that he needs to attack the basket to score. And I believe he's the Raptors best defender at the 3 position. The only reason that he isn't playing, in my opinion, is that Kleiza and
                  Weems are much better shooters.

I hope the Raptors resign him since he has good upside, but I don't know why he would want to without the miunutes
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I as well like JW's defense (length and quickness) but as others have pointed to it's a question of depth/numbers. Wonder how well he practices. This is sometimes a coach's gauge for doling out minutes. He is just going to have to wait his turn (injury or trade). Now, if he only had a consistent jumper ......

Comment

Sorry to the Julian fans but IMO he is not in the Raptors long term plans unless he is on a minimum contract and is the 13/14/15 player on the team.

You can guarantee there will be a starting calibre player (Jeff Green?*) or another rookie (Terrence Jones?**) to start or at least take his place.

*A guy can wish for a free agent pick up can't he?
                      **A guy can wish for a high draft pick can't he?

Comment

He really should be eating into Klezia's minutes a bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X