How Good Can Bayless Become?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He's getting the most minutes that he's received in his career and he's doing a solid job as a backup. He's putting up career highs across the board.

1) What is your definition of Solid Job ?

2) Is his ceiling a Back up role in your opinion ? Are you one of the 88% here who voted that Bayless will become a SOLID STARTER or AN ALL-STAR PG in this league?

If yes, when will that happen ? Will he be ready to be a starter next season ? How about 2 season from now ?

The part about career numbers is very irrelevant. Every Scrub player will put up much better numbers when they get minute in a SHITTY team. That is just the norm across the league and is NOT the right measure of success when a player joins a CRAPPY NEW Team in the NBA.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      1) What is your definition of Solid Job ?

2) Is his ceiling a Back up role in your opinion ? Are you one of the 88% here who voted that Bayless will become a SOLID STARTER or AN ALL-STAR PG in this league?

If yes, when will that happen ? Will he be ready to be a starter next season ? How about 2 season from now ?

The part about career numbers is very irrelevant. Every Scrub player will put up much better numbers when they get minute in a SHITTY team. That is just the norm across the league and is NOT the right measure of success when a player joins a CRAPPY NEW Team in the NBA.
      Was I one of the people that thought he would become a starter/all-star? Yeah. I think his ceiling is pretty high. I don't understand why you're writing the kid off? If he was 26-27-28, and still hadn't put up any numbers, then you could definitely make a case of writing him off. As a backup, averaging 8 points and 4 assists isn't bad.

He doesn't run the point as well as a pure point guard would, but his game is coming around with added playing time. The fact that he plays with Toronto's second unit and putting up solid numbers in despite of who he plays with with counts for something.

Comment

Was I one of the people that thought he would become a starter/all-star? Yeah. I think his ceiling is pretty high. I don't understand why you're writing the kid off? If he was 26-27-28, and still hadn't put up any numbers, then you could definitely make a case of writing him off. As a backup, averaging 8 points and 4 assists isn't bad.

He doesn't run the point as well as a pure point guard would, but his game is coming around with added playing time. The fact that he plays with Toronto's second unit and putting up solid numbers in despite of who he plays with with counts for something.
        I was never down with the All-Star but solid starter was never, and in my opinion, is still not out of the question. More likely would be a very good back up point guard who can change the tempo of the game or provide a spark off the bench. Versus DEN he did have 9 assists - unfortunately his shot was very much off.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I was never down with the All-Star but solid starter was never, and in my opinion, is still not out of the question. More likely would be a very good back up point guard who can change the tempo of the game or provide a spark off the bench. Versus DEN he did have 9 assists - unfortunately his shot was very much off.
          Did you see T.Lawson last night ? He is in this league less time than Bayless.
          Did you see James Harden the other night ?

These are the type of guys who will be solid starters in this league and are worth investing money and time and future of the team on them.

It is one thing to go through rebuild and bring in youth, it is another to invest and waste time on Scrubs.

88% of the delusional fans here thought this guy is an ALL-STAR or SOLID NBA Starter. After all these games and having ONLY a hurt Jose Calderon to compete with for the starting position, I have yet seen any signs of this guy being anything more than an undersized Combo Guard in this league.

Comment

These are the type of guys who will be solid starters in this league and are worth investing money and time and future of the team on them.

It is one thing to go through rebuild and bring in youth, it is another to invest and waste time on Scrubs.

88% of the delusional fans here thought this guy is an ALL-STAR or SOLID NBA Starter. After all these games and having ONLY a hurt Jose Calderon to compete with for the starting position, I have yet seen any signs of this guy being anything more than an undersized Combo Guard in this league.
            Lets be fair though:

1. George Karl and Scott Brooks are much better coaches
            2. Ty Lawson played with Chauncy, Harden with Westbrook, they had some good mentors (JB spent a cup of coffee with Chris Paul, and 2 cups in Portland, not much time for mentoring)

Comment

Here's the thing, bro. The title of this thread is "How Good Can Bayless Become?", not "How Good is Bayless NOW?". Obviously there's a lot of time for the kid to prove himself, and he's doing a decent job as a backup to date.
              And you might want to cease with attacking the people on here. Not really a good look. You can agree to disagree, but you can't come on here calling people out by refering to them as delusional.

Comment

Next season i want to see this guy put up double what he's putting up know and take over starting role. Then we can say we have a badass PG. I agree with Mango this guy has alot of potential, you guys can't write him off on his first season here give him some time.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                  Next season i want to see this guy put up double what he's putting up know and take over starting role. Then we can say we have a badass PG. I agree with Mango this guy has alot of potential, you guys can't write him off on his first season here give him some time.
                  I agree, I think Triano sucks the life out of alot of talent too, in my opinion. I would like to see JB play for a more dynamic coach who has a real sense of what kind of offense and defense he wants to run. Ettore Messina!

Comment

Here's the thing, bro. The title of this thread is "How Good Can Bayless Become?", not "How Good is Bayless NOW?". Obviously there's a lot of time for the kid to prove himself, and he's doing a decent job as a backup to date.
                    There are 2 points here that needs to be addressed :

1) "Become" part

2) decent " Back Up".

1) How do you evaluate a young talnet in this league?

a) Their age
                    b) number of years they have been in NBA
                    c) How much their game improved year to year
                    d) How good their game is for their age

Bayless is nothing exceptional in either category when you compare him to the likes of Lawson, Harden or many other young talented PG in this league. He has been in the league longer than both of those guys, he is abit older than them, his game has not improved at the same rate as the other 2 and he is very behind in his production compare to the two.

Now, I think we both agree that neither Lawson or Harden are ALL-STAR players in this league. But they are showing flashed that they can be solid Starters. Now, if we take these guys as solid starters of future, then what really Bayless is ??

I want my team to invest on promising young talents like Harden and not unknowns with the ceiling of back up PG like Bayless.

b) Back Up : In this thread, 88% voted for all star or solid starter and not for back up. That is the point I am making. I can tell you this though, I do belive if we are patient with Bayless , give him playing time, let him learn the PG position and hold his hand, he can, in few years , become a Solid Back Up PG like what Jack was already !!!

Which then it begs the question, why not keep Jack as Back up, try to make a trade for guys with real talent in that PG position and focus on them ??!!

And you might want to cease with attacking the people on here.
                    I am not attacking anyone here but I do believe that people who voted that this guy will be an ALL_STAR or a Solid Starter are delusional.

Comment

Ok, so if thats how it works, then I believe people that come on here and call other people names are really ignorant losers with nothing better to do with their time except force their opinion on other people. In my opinion.

I think you were the same one that was gloating after James Johnson had ONE bad game. Haven't really had much to say on that matter lately have you?

Jury is still out on Bayless. He has a TON of talent, and unfortunately, because of injuries this year, hasn't had a fair chance to show whats he's got. Every other place he's been, he's playing behind BRoy and CP3. Tough circumstances for anyone to try and get some PT.

ADD I didn't read ANY of what you just wrote, except your response to Mango.

ADD I was one of the people that said I think he'd be a Solid Starter. I still stand by it.
                      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I think you were the same one that was gloating after James Johnson had ONE bad game. Haven't really had much to say on that matter lately have you?

First of All, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, I am just stating the obvious based on the facts on hands.

Second of all, Are you saying James Johnson is an ALL-STAR or Solid STARER in this league as well Come on man, get Real !!!

Lets make a Poll here on that and see how many delusional Raptor fans believe this !!

Comment

First of All, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, I am just stating the obvious based on the facts on hands.

Second of all, Are you saying James Johnson is an ALL-STAR or Solid STARER in this league as well Come on man, get Real !!!

Lets make a Poll here on that and see how many delusional Raptor fans believe this !!
                          Then that is fine. State facts. But don't call people delusional when they have a legitimate counter argument that is supported by facts as well. It's alot more fun to have a debate with someone when they are mature enough to listen and acknowledge the counter-argument.

As for James Johnson, where did I say that I thought he was going to be an All Star?
                          I was just saying, that you were calling people delusional when they were saying James Johnson was a good pick up. Now .. what do you have to say about that? You were saying he's a scrub, and now you don't have much to back that up with the way he's been playing .. as a SOLID STARTER.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            T
                            I was just saying, that you were calling people delusional when they were saying James Johnson was a good pick up. Now .. what do you have to say about that? You were saying he's a scrub, and now you don't have much to back that up with the way he's been playing .. as a SOLID STARTER.
                            Solid Starter !!! No He is NOT.

Jason Richardson is a solid starer. Ron Artest is a Solid starter. Landry filed is a solid starter and ....

I still stand by what I said, James Johnson is a scrub, a rotational player at it best and not a starter in this level.

Comment

Solid Starter !!! No He is NOT.

Jason Richardson is a solid starer. Ron Artest is a Solid starter. Landry filed is a solid starter and ....

I still stand by what I said, James Johnson is a scrub, a rotational player at it best and not a starter in this level.
                              Your a scrub, why r u comparing Bayless to J rich and Artest? your clearly an idiot. So stop trolling without proof.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                Your a scrub, why r u comparing Bayless to J rich and Artest? your clearly an idiot. So stop trolling without proof.
                                LOL, Calm Down pal, you obviously have no idea what this discussion is about. You are Hilarious man.

Comment

Working...
                                X