Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Position Do The Raptors Need To Upgrade The Most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i think DH would be perfect for our team... he does everything bargs is weak at exeptionaly well & would be devastating in the pick & roll with Jose...if i was BC id be trying everything to get Dwight..maybe even take RL off there hands if it ment landing DH. LOL heck i might even take VC back if it ment DH LOL...
    The chances of getting Dwight Howard from ORL are about the same as getting Kobe from LAL.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The chances of getting Dwight Howard from ORL are about the same as getting Kobe from LAL.
      For those who don't know how impossible it would be, Kobe has a no trade clause. :P

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        1) Pass First PG
        2) Dominate Physical Rebounding Center to move AB to PF.
        3) Great Rebounding and Defensive SF

Move Weems, Johnson to te bench where the belong. Start Davis in bench for now as well till he matures.

If BC plays his cards right, by using TPE and Peja and Evans expiring contracts and also 2 first round draft picks, all of the 3 major needs can be addressed this summer BUT is BC going to pull it off ??
        +1. In other words, the Raps draft / sign the best players available.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
          The Raptors could definitely use a C, there are a few option we could look at this summer:
          1.) Marc Gasol, physical, rebounds, can score (ideal for Raps but its unlikely memphis will let him go.

2.) Sammy Dalembert, long, rebound+block machine, could shore up our interior defense,
          and he's Canadian.
          We could get Dalembert now, as Thompson is now the starter they don't need him so we could do a Stojakovic for Dalembert trade, but I'm not sure I would accept, I would strongly think about it though.

Comment

ideally we should be improving the PG position but its going good so far. i would still love us to get a legit 3 who can give us like 15 a night consistently and a C ... bargnani will explode if he plays the 4. probably 25 ppg

Comment

Interesting thread. My 2 cents, for what its worth, is from the perspective of injuries and I think we are most vulnerable at PG and C. If history is any indication, Calderon is probably due for a hamstring injury soon and we really have no depth at PG. Bayless has shown he can pick up some slack but Barbosa isn't really a PG. If Calderon goes down, we will suffer greatly.

As well, if Bargs gets injured, we will be pretty screwed. Does he even have a back-up? The result would be a pretty sad rotation of Johnson, Davis, Dorsey, Kleiza and Peja. I guess we would have to recall Alabi from the d-League or run a very small line-up.

But strickly talking about a upgrade in talent, I think we need someone better than Calderon for the future.
              Last edited by RaptorDan; Sun Dec 5, 2010, 02:06 PM.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                Interesting thread. My 2 cents, for what its worth, is from the perspective of injuries and I think we are most vulnerable at PG and C. If history is any indication, Calderon is probably due for a hamstring injury soon and we really have no depth at PG. Bayless has shown he can pick up some slack but Barbosa isn't really a PG. If Calderon goes down, we will suffer greatly.

As well, if Bargs gets injured, we will be pretty screwed. Does he even have a back-up? The result would be a pretty sad rotation of Johnson, Davis, Dorsey, Kleiza and Peja. I guess we would have to recall Alabi from the d-League or run a very small line-up.

But strickly talking about a upgrade in talent, I think we need someone better than Calderon for the future.
                Davis, Bargnani, and Johnson appear to be a nice combination thus far - especially if Bargnani can keep getting 7-8rebs as he has been doing of late.

Today's game against the NYK totally exposed our wings. My order of priority moving forward:

1) Wings (2-way offensive and defensive player i.e. a real starter)
                2) PG
                3) Bigs

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Davis, Bargnani, and Johnson appear to be a nice combination thus far - especially if Bargnani can keep getting 7-8rebs as he has been doing of late.

Today's game against the NYK totally exposed our wings. My order of priority moving forward:

1) Wings (2-way offensive and defensive player i.e. a real starter)
                  2) PG
                  3) Bigs
                  I agree that the Raptors wings didn't do their job today.

Triano is also under the bus today.

He was totally out coached by D'Antoni

The Knicks had way too many open uncontested 20 - 25 footers that they wound up making.

Triano knows his personnel and what they can do.

The Raptors wing players spent all day on defense trying to outrun passes to the open guys parked right behind the three point line.

You can't outrun the passed ball.

Triano and Carlesimo should have come up with an adequate or better defensive scheme for today's game.

The Knicks also did a good job of making it difficult for Bargnani to get off more than than just a limited number of open shots. Very good defense by the Knicks today.
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Dec 5, 2010, 08:35 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

PG or SF is what they'll need most. I'm hoping we can get one of Harrison Barnes or Kyrie Irving but the way this team is playing, I don't think they'll end up with a top 5 pick.

Comment

I really like all of the Raptors 4/5's. They have rebounding, length, defensive/offensive upside, I don't think they should alter this.

This team needs to draft a point guard, no ifs and or buts. Calderon is injury prone and there really is noone behind Bayless.

The thing to watch this year is can Weems and Derozan put their struggles behind them and get some consistency.

The one position this teams needs to address in a possible trade (which I doubt will happen) is there SF position. Kleiza is struggling to get touches and despite his upside Wright is having problems getting off the bench. What this team needs to address is to get a 22 year old Peja (someone who can shoot the 3). Maybe the Raptors draft Vesely?
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I agree that the Raptors wings didn't do their job today.

Triano is also under the bus today.

He was totally out coached by D'Antoni

The Knicks had way too many open uncontested 20 - 25 footers that they wound up making.

Triano knows his personnel and what they can do.

The Raptors wing players spent all day on defense trying to outrun passes to the open guys parked right behind the three point line.

You can't outrun the passed ball.

Triano and Carlesimo should have come up with an adequate or better defensive scheme for today's game.

The Knicks also did a good job of making it difficult for Bargnani to get off more than than just a limited number of open shots. Very good defense by the Knicks today.
                        I disagree that our wings are the problem raptors have no choice but to help.

A team like NY you have to match up one on one and we have no one defensively that can match up with amare so our wings have to help out NY knew this and exploited the situation.

Comment

where's the COACH option

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            where's the COACH option
                            As much as I like what Jay stands for I have to agree 100%. Jay is best suited as an assistant and he's in over his head. The Raptors haven't gone out and spent REAL money on a REAL coach since Lenny Wilkens. And yeah, I know Lenny wasn't perfect but that's not the point of this. For as passive as he was he was an established coach who, for a short time, got results. They need to go out and spend the money to bring in an established guy who is going kick some butts when need be. I would love to see Colangelo hit a grand slam by landing a guy like JVG.

Comment

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Peja had been playing on the sizzling Hornets prior to coming here and he's only played a total of 22 minute in Toronto. The only game he played considerable minutes they lost by 9.

Comment

Working...
                                X