Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good Of An Announcer is Matt Devlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Good Of An Announcer is Matt Devlin?

Little change of pace, but Raptors related 4sure
    Best Basketball TV Announcer Evah
    0.00%
    Best Basketball TV Announcer Currently
    3.70%
    Above Average Among Today's Announcers But Nothing Really Special
    55.56%
    Below Average Among Today's Announcers
    14.81%
    Can Anyone Say D-League Announcer?
    25.93%
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I'd say he's average, I don't mind him. I hate Leo so much though.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
      I'd say he's average, I don't mind him. I hate Leo so much though.
      I enjoy Armstrong more than Rautins

Something about Armstrong's voice that is uber cool
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Something about the word uber is so... not cool. But Jack is awesome and I can't stand Devlin. Nice guy I just can't take anymore lame nicknames and cheesy calls. I'd offer Gus Johnson $5M/Y if I owned the team!

Comment

Chuck Swirsky was way better then Matt!

Comment

Reasons why I like matt:

"Money Weems" , "New Jack City", general level of excitement

Reasons why I don't:

"Kid Compton", "Get Up Bird" uhh, non witty banter, He's not the swirsk

Why I like Jack Armstrong

"HEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!"
            plus he plugs MGD so well every time i see one I think of him
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Devlin is alright. Not great, but not awful. Plus, he had some pretty big shoes to fill. Chuck was the only thing that made watching those bad Raptors teams fun throughout his tenure.

As an aside, i've yet to come across a person who likes what Leo has to say. Apparently I haven't talked to anyone at MLSE yet because they have a huge boner for that idiot.

Comment

Devlin sucks I want chuck back!!!!!!!!!!.. ever since he left weve been the Craptors LOL it must be the curse of the swirsk LOL

Comment

I love Devlin. I love the way he's a real life Michael Scott. I love how he gets players names wrong, I love how he gets sidetracked about all kinds of BS no one cares about, I love how he gets plays wrong when he's sitting right there. I love his fake ass, warmy-shwarmy company man personality. I love him so bad I'd replace him with the radio team in a heartbeat. I love him so bad he makes me not hate Leo as much as I do.

Just once I want a player to mess up his hair. Bet he'd totally lose his shit.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

He should hang out with the Young Gunz at the Republik after a tough loss...
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I miss Chuck too. The salami and cheese just isn't tastin' the same anymore..

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                        I miss Chuck too. The salami and cheese just isn't tastin' the same anymore..
                        the "Onions" dont taste the same anymore either...

Comment

Matt is alright but Chuck was great...Armstrong is more entertaining than both so thankfully we still have him...

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                            Reasons why I like matt:

"Money Weems" , "New Jack City", general level of excitement

Reasons why I don't:

"Kid Compton", "Get Up Bird" uhh, non witty banter, He's not the swirsk

Why I like Jack Armstrong

"HEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOO!"
                            plus he plugs MGD so well every time i see one I think of him
                            ya, really if gus johnson and jack armstrong were the announcers even 30 games a year, together, i would jiz in my pants.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Somehow this is how I picture Devlin. Dude looks like he comes straight from a 70s leisure suit swingers club. Devlin hair seems to be a play-doh mold from the mop top barber shop. I swear he was a guest on the Love Boat, and if he was a guest, he would have wanted to visit the poop deck with Gopher.

Besides his creepy 70s used car salesman look, he calls games alright.
                              Last edited by RaptorDan; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 01:00 AM.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X