Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good Of An Announcer is Matt Devlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devlin is HORRIBLE

Misses half the sh*t that happens.
    Misses blocks, gets foul calls wrong, etc etc
    Annoyingly gravels up his voice EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY SCORE
    "Money Weems" is a horrible nickname
    Double D BARF
    Stop calling players by their first name you f'ng tool.
    He calls shots as swishes when they rattle in or hit the rim

DOES. NOT. UNDERSTAND. BASKETBALL.

Swirsky was much better.

But I would love Armstrong to do a game by himself.
    Not call eery single play and say who has the ball, but just analyze the game as it goes on.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post

Somehow this is how I picture Devlin. Dude looks like he comes straight from a 70s leisure suit swingers club. Devlin hair seems to be a play-doh mold from the mop top barber shop. I swear he was a guest on the Love Boat, and if he was a guest, he would have wanted to visit the poop deck with Gopher.

Besides his creepy 70s used car salesman look, he calls games alright.
      i just laughed my ass off when i seen that LOL.

Comment

I preferred Swirsky, but i dont dislike Devlin.

He did give us the "Punjabi!"

Comment

Devlin: " Raptors Lead by one, Harris takes the shot at the Buzzer. No good. Overtime........ no, no Overtime Raptors hang on and
          win against the nets"

Professionallism at its best
          What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Not great...

Devlin's not great, but at least he's better than Leo "He should have caught the shooter's shot instead of blocking it out of bounds" Rautins.

F'ing Rautins has been saying that every time a Raptor gets a block for the last decade. OK, Leo... we get it. Yes, it is preferable to retain possession. Actually, instead of just catching the ball, why doesn't the player catch-and-shoot in one motion, for a long 3? That would be even better, no?

Sorry for the rant. Can't stand Roundball Rautins.

Comment

All our announcers are pretty poor imo. If I have to listen to Devlin and Armstrong sing "Livin On A Prayer" one more time I'm signing up for that one way mission to Mars. Seriously, that has got to stop.

Comment

Haha, the singing is getting a bit tiresome (only complaint I have against Jack). But I miss Swirks, he was part of my childhood.

Comment

The one thing Jack has the Leo doesn't is something called "emotion"
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I have the NBA league pass, and let me tell you that most of the non-network play-caller/colour combinations are horrid. Gross homerism, ranting about the other team, ex-ballers who re-hash old times even more than Leo does. Miami is one of the worst of the bunch.

You don't realize how much Hockey Night in Canada spoils you until you watch Hokey Night in South Beach.

Comment

I'd say Boston announcers are the worst.

Comment

Matt is as exciting as watching paint dry but at least he's not a Homer.

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                        I'd say he's average, I don't mind him. I hate Leo so much though.
                        Yeah, Leo can be annoying. Jack is the best of the best. He should be doing all 82 games.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Matt is as exciting as watching paint dry but at least he's not a Homer.

Yeah, Leo can be annoying. Jack is the best of the best. He should be doing all 82 games.
                          Leo trys to act like a coach on tv... only the die hard bball fans know more then he does.... jack is a better anylist then color guy, his singing is just down right annoying...my dog starts howling when he hears it LOL... i also dont like the way he goes on & on about players from the other team...he loves stroking there egos to no end.. i remember 1 game against GS & he was going on soooo much about steph curry i thought he has going to ask him on a date...

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            Leo trys to act like a coach on tv... only the die hard bball fans know more then he does....
                            I don't tune in for coaching clinics, bad jokes and the occasional mention of him having a cup of coffee in the NBA.

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            jack is a better anylist then color guy, his singing is just down right annoying...my dog starts howling when he hears it LOL... i also dont like the way he goes on & on about players from the other team...he loves stroking there egos to no end.. i remember 1 game against GS & he was going on soooo much about steph curry i thought he has going to ask him on a date...
                            I find Jack far more entertaining and he's just as knowledgeable about the game as Leo, if not more. He's been a coach far longer than Leo. I personally like the fact that he's not a Raptors homer. There are other avenues I can go down any time I need to see heavy Raptors biased viewed of things.

Comment

Haven't heard the "Punjabi" call yet this season. I loved the Punjabi call when the Raptors made a three ball a lot better than "Bang On" which sounds like something a carpenter or blacksmith would say or even teenage boys would say when talking about .....................
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                I don't tune in for coaching clinics, bad jokes and the occasional mention of him having a cup of coffee in the NBA.

I find Jack far more entertaining and he's just as knowledgeable about the game as Leo, if not more. He's been a coach far longer than Leo. I personally like the fact that he's not a Raptors homer. There are other avenues I can go down any time I need to see heavy Raptors biased viewed of things.
                                i get what your saying, i agree.. jack knows more about the game then leo..thats why i said hes a great anylist.. but he goes on soo much about other players it gets in the way of the game broadcast.. i dont mind during a break in play.. jack & chuck were a great tandum.. Leo & matt just dont cut it...Triano should be still coaching Canada too not Cleo Rautins

Comment

Working...
                                X