No announcement yet.

Kleiza vs Sonny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't call Kleiza the next Hedo. Kleiza actually looks mad when he misses a shot and looks like he's...trying.

I haven't given up on him yet.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Tbh, I was really impressed with Kleiza in the Fiba tournament and in preseason, but once the season started he started to rush things and seems to have started to feel the pressure or something. He looks like he's lost the arc and smoothness on the jumper and really just looks rushed out there.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Dare I say, he's slowly becoming the next Hedo.
        No way. The only thing they have in common is European ancestry.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          No way. The only thing they have in common is European ancestry.
          allthough i think hedo is the worst free agent signing in recent history, i think the similarities are there between Klieza & turk.. they both performed at a high level under the spotlight(NBA Finals/FIBA Worlds) then both signed with the raps & all but dissapeared on the stat sheet... both werent happy with there roles the rest is left to fall into place..

Comment

I'm not ready to pull the chute on Sonny yet, not by a long shot. A few weak games, recently, sure, but overall his season has been strong, certainly stronger than Kleiza. I can't see Kleiza guarding most threes in this league on a night-in, night-out basis. He's best used as a mismatch sub, imo.

Is Sonny a starting 3 long term? No. But you could argue he's been the most consistent raptor this season.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              allthough i think hedo is the worst free agent signing in recent history, i think the similarities are there between Klieza & turk.. they both performed at a high level under the spotlight(NBA Finals/FIBA Worlds) then both signed with the raps & all but dissapeared on the stat sheet... both werent happy with there roles the rest is left to fall into place..
              I could be wrong, but I don't think there's been an issue with Kleiza's attitude yet. He always just looks really pissed at himself all the time. He can't honestly go to the media and say he wants more PT without people laughing at him.

I'll go on the record to say that I think his game will come around.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I would not agree - yet.

I've seen nothing thus far that would make one assume he is not a professional and good teammate. He is in a funk - a really, really bad one.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Hopefully he realizes, whether he starts this year or not, he is not the starter on a good NBA team.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  I could be wrong, but I don't think there's been an issue with Kleiza's attitude yet. He always just looks really pissed at himself all the time. He can't honestly go to the media and say he wants more PT without people laughing at him.

I'll go on the record to say that I think his game will come around.
                  i hope your right... if history does repeat itself then soon well hear complaining about usage,claims of illness followed by numerous sightings in yorkville LOL capped off by jabs at the franchise & city for treating him poorly just as the door smashs his ass on the way out.LOL
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Kleiza has been better since his injury! What games were you watching? The problem was that Kleiza was supposed to be an outside in player for the Raptors. He wasn't making his shots, so he went to the block and had success against smaller 4's.

He's the Raptors second best back to the basket players, after Bargnani. Unfortunately, this team can't get the ball to Kleiza and Bargnani with consistency. If he can get into an offensive rhythm and get his 3-point shot back he'll be fine. Unfortunately, he's not being optimally used on offense.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

maybe Klieza seen how "Crummy" Weems got the starting job & is trying to emulate him by throwing up just as many bricks...
                      Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

maybe Klieza seen how "Crummy" Weems got the starting job & is trying to emulate him by throwing up just as many bricks...in the vain attempt to try & regain his starting role....
                        That is not quite fair. Sonny did play well when Kleiza went down.

Unforunately of late they are trying to one up each other in the game of "Who can play worse!?!?"

Comment

Fucking Sonny. Honestly man, the effort level pisses me off. He was so lazy in his coverage of Granger in the first quarter that it made me reevaluate my entire opinion of him. How can he not be up for this game? He's playing in a contract year and starting! No other team would give him that opportunity and here he is blowing it. Raise a hand on the contest, fight through a screen, close-out, do something that says you're effort is about 50%.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            Fucking Sonny. Honestly man, the effort level pisses me off. He was so lazy in his coverage of Granger in the first quarter that it made me reevaluate my entire opinion of him. How can he not be up for this game? He's playing in a contract year and starting! No other team would give him that opportunity and here he is blowing it. Raise a hand on the contest, fight through a screen, close-out, do something that says you're effort is about 50%.
                            i really thought since day 1 he was an over achiever & would come back down to earth sooner or later...took a little longer then i expected but the results seem the same...hes another example of how a mediocre player at best can market himself on a huge scale in this country... who needs NBA League Pass & US TV coverage when u got the biggest hype machine here in T.O..... ask VC & in a few years Bosh... & if they were to be honest would say "they never got as much love from writers & fans as when they were here"

Comment

First off I can’t fathom BC letting Minnesota reap the big reward of Bosh leaving (M. Beasly). Adding insult to injury is our current need for a scoring wing who can shoot the 3 pt. Mental issues or not, 29 teams said no to him or not, he was on a rookie scale contract and if he had caused any problems we would have not extended him, that is the worst case scenario. But no BC knows better, in most transactions he made he skips the stud and signs the dud; Klieza.

With all due respect to his game on the national team and his stint in Greece and his 4 years prior to that with Denver, the guy is just horrible. Unforced-turnovers, wonky shooting, just plain old bad. To me he plays more like an undersized PF than a SF.

Sonny on the other hand, oh.... Sonny is also unsuitable to play the SF he is too small to guard SFs in this league. To compound the problem when he and DD take the floor our offence becomes so predictable neither can shoot the 3 (DD cant shoot period), and defences know all drives are going to end up with a shot attempt at the basket (i.e. no drive and kick to keep defences guessing). Sonny`s best basketball this season came when he played off the bench or when he was playing teams with limited 3 pt thread. He should not be getting starter mins.

Anyways in short, neither Sonny nor Klieza are the answer to our small forward problem. We need a wing who can shoot the 3 pt, athletic, and can rebound, someone like Ariza.
                              On a final note the more I see this team the more I’m convinced that the self proclaimed `Young Ones” will have to be broken up, at least DD and Sonny.

Comment

Working...
                              X