Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    where do you live?
    Currently, in Nice. Moving to Malaysia soon though! In around June...

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

Well yeah...I believe the show only debuted in the new year. But I could be wrong.
      the show came out here, in canada in october.

not sure about everywhere else in the world besides the u.s.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Here's the trailer for season 2 of the walking dead! Can't wait.

Sadly though Frank Darabont (Shawshank redemption) has left the series, too bad.

For those who watched season 1, it's def worth another look...go and cop the DVD'S.

Comment

Show is such a travesty it's unreal
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
            Here's the trailer for season 2 of the walking dead! Can't wait.

Sadly though Frank Darabont (Shawshank redemption) has left the series, too bad.

For those who watched season 1, it's def worth another look...go and cop the DVD'S.
            frank darabont... is that the director from the green mile?

we're only (too lazy to do the math) away from season 2.

to the guy above. what are you insinuating?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Show is such a travesty it's unreal
              Why?

frank darabont... is that the director from the green mile?

we're only (too lazy to do the math) away from season 2.

to the guy above. what are you insinuating?
              Yeah that's him...Shawshank and Green Mile...2 great movies.

Season 2 starts sometime in October. Looks like they are headed to Herschel's farm this season.

Comment

i was a huge fan of the comics well before the show came out and was extremely geeked to hear they were making a show. all i could think about was "man this is going to be one hell of a gory, mature show" but figured they'd tone it down some. they did that, but they also basically lit the story on fire and made it up as they went. im not going to tell you some of the things that should have happened by this point or should absolutely NOT have happened but lets just say the show has about as much in common with the comic as the running man did with the book.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i'm not even being one of those "this will never live up to the book!" dorks, its seriously just bad. theres nothing in the comic that couldn't be done on the small screen and the fact they threw in the whole thing at the end and certain people still being alive is almost insulting.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I haven't watched the series yet nor read the comics, but this seems to happen all the time. For instance True Blood (the TV show) is kind of similar to the books but differs pretty substantially. Still a good show though, and I can't wait to see The Walking Dead. From what I hear, it is top notch.

Running Man - that is classic. I had no idea that it was Stephen King when I read it. The movie, however, was so 80s and so bad that I enjoyed it, even if it has little to do with the book. It is kind of like the Batman comics and those horrid Batman movies of the late 80s and 90s.
                    Last edited by RaptorDan; Fri Jul 29, 2011, 02:49 PM.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

The show is still going to roughly follow the same destinations of the comic story line. The next major stop will be Hershel's farm. Very rare is anything filmed to stay exactly true to the literature. There are always changes. I like the comics and I'm not a comic guy. I like the show equally as much and I am certainly fan of the zombie genre.

I actually like that the show gave us some information on what is causing the zombie outbreak. The comic never really went there much besides that it was some sort of infection.

Comment

see, i really didn't like that. the unknown is a lot more terrifying imo.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You should know it was some kind of infection. They even cut off a certain someone's leg and saved him after he was bitten in the comics. This just sheds light on it more. You need to remember that this show is meant for the mainstream. They need more people watching than just those who read the comics. I guess they felt this was important to the average viewer. I don't mind them making changes like this as long as they stay true to the general story. The first season didn't get many tests. This second season, now that they've left the camp, this is where the tests come to the show.

Comment

btw, i forget whether they have a vehicle at the end or not. did they?

p.s. can't wait for Hell On Wheels looks sick.

currently enjoying breaking bad s3

Comment

i was a huge fan of the comics well before the show came out and was extremely geeked to hear they were making a show. all i could think about was "man this is going to be one hell of a gory, mature show" but figured they'd tone it down some. they did that, but they also basically lit the story on fire and made it up as they went. im not going to tell you some of the things that should have happened by this point or should absolutely NOT have happened but lets just say the show has about as much in common with the comic as the running man did with the book.
                              I guess cuz you were a fan of the comic beforehand you had certain expectations on the show. I never heard of the comic until after I watched the entire first season. Now even before reading the comics I was a little disappointed in the season finale. I found the whole CDC thing a bit goofy and not matching the tone of the other episodes.

AFTER reading the comics (I'm up to 24 right now and like I mentioned in a previous post is absolutely amazing and superior to the show) I found a few other things about the show that bugged me. Like you say, there are some events that should have def been included and some others omitted. The whole wilshire estates issue...i mean that would have made for great TV. Why the producers didn't include that who knows? And the episode with the latin gangbangers was a little out there. Could've done w/o that for sure.

Overall though the tv series is still one of the best out there imo. Considering they only had six episodes to work with they did a good job i think.

i'm not even being one of those "this will never live up to the book!" dorks, its seriously just bad. theres nothing in the comic that couldn't be done on the small screen and the fact they threw in the whole thing at the end and certain people still being alive is almost insulting.
                              Again, after reading the comic I agree they drifted a little too far from the base material, but it's by no means remotely bad dude. I assume you are talking about Shane? You know what, at first I was in the camp that Shane should been killed like in the comic. But than i realized how much better the show is. The tension and drama surrounding Shane/Lori/Rick is great! That scene in the CDC between Shane & Lori! Great tv bud. I'd still like to see him get smoked by Carl though!

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I actually like that the show gave us some information on what is causing the zombie outbreak. The comic never really went there much besides that it was some sort of infection.
                              I'm kind of torn between knowing and not knowing. While I agree that the unknown is a lot more terrifying, my curiosity and need to know will crave that bit info/satisfaction.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              You should know it was some kind of infection. They even cut off a certain someone's leg and saved him after he was bitten in the comics. This just sheds light on it more. You need to remember that this show is meant for the mainstream. They need more people watching than just those who read the comics. I guess they felt this was important to the average viewer. I don't mind them making changes like this as long as they stay true to the general story. The first season didn't get many tests. This second season, now that they've left the camp, this is where the tests come to the show.

This is why certain changes don't drive me crazy. if they don't get enough people watching the show, well then...no show.

btw, i forget whether they have a vehicle at the end or not. did they?
                              At the end of season 1, they left the CDC in a caravan.

Comment

Webisodes

Just before the start of season 2, AMC has released six Walking Dead webisodes to whet our appetites.

Meh...check 'em out.

Comment

Working...
                                X