Tonights Game at Indiana Is the Biggest Game of the Season So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights Game at Indiana Is the Biggest Game of the Season So Far

1. Second of a back to back and this one is on the road.
    2. The Pacers are pretty good team and are currently at .500 and one slot ahead of the Raptors in the playoff seeding.
    3. It will be interesting to see if Triano has Bargs guarding Hibbert. Hibbert is becoming a pretty good offensive force average 16 PPG plus 9 rebounds. The Pacers love to pound the ball into him. He loves to ask for it and asks for it a lot.

The Raptors have shown the ability so far this season to play hard in most games.

It is way to early to say that a game at this time in the schedule is a must win for a team. However,

1. The Raptors lost yesterday at home to the Knicks who are currently in the sixth seed in the EC
    2. The Pacers are currently in the seventh seed two games ahead of the Raptors
    3. A win tonight at Indy would cut that difference to only one game and be good confidence builder for the Raptors mostly young rotation.

I would hope for a win tonight however if they can't do that I would at least expect them to be in the game even up until the final minute of play.

The Raptors right now are playing like they did last season, a marginal 8th seed team that might or might not make the playoffs.

Hopefully they can bounce back tonight in Indy and come away with a win. It would be a very good confidence builder for this young team.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Regardless of the outcome, Weems needs to go back to the bench in favour of Kleiza's original spot. Let Demar handle all the fast break opportunities. We don't need a high volume chucker like Money Weems. If Kleiza starts, we have a chance to win.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Regardless of the outcome, Weems needs to go back to the bench in favour of Kleiza's original spot. Let Demar handle all the fast break opportunities. We don't need a high volume chucker like Money Weems. If Kleiza starts, we have a chance to win.
      Kleiza might be playing injured accounting for he poor production. If he is injured Weems is better than an injured Kleiza. If Kleiza is just having problems adjusted to coming off of the bench and he is really healthy it couldn't hurt to start him over Weems at least for a few games. I am discounting the conspiracy theory here and will not go there on this discussion

In either case the Raptors really need to look to upgrade the SF slot especially on the defensive end which Klieza will not be able to do. He is too slow to be an effective defender at the #3, in my opinion.

I know that the coaches have talked to Weems about his propensity to play outside the flow of the game on offense and hopefully Johnson and DeRozan are also talking to Weems privately about his propensity to play outside the flow of he game on offense.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Kleiza might be playing injured accounting for he poor production. If he is injured Weems is better than an injured Kleiza. If Kleiza is just having problems adjusted to coming off of the bench and he is really healthy it couldn't hurt to start him over Weems at least for a few games. I am discounting the conspiracy theory here and will not go there on this discussion

In either case the Raptors really need to look to upgrade the SF slot especially on the defensive end which Klieza will not be able to do. He is too slow to be an effective defender at the #3, in my opinion.

I know that the coaches have talked to Weems about his propensity to play outside the flow of the game on offense and hopefully Johnson and DeRozan are also talking to Weems privately about his propensity to play outside the flow of he game on offense.
        i think the only thing injured with Klieza is his ego...

as for the game they better play like its the most important game of the season!.. with the lack of talent this team has they all need to play like everygame is the most important game of there careers! only with that effort will any of them achieve there potential.

Comment

I agree. Both tonight's game and Wednesday's in New York would be huge wins. It would almost put us in the same category as the Pacers and Knicks (the second tier of the East in a way), which could be a big boost for some of the young guys knowing that they played important roles in earning a playoff position 20+ games into the season.

Comment

haha. Would you say this is a must win?
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              haha. Would you say this is a must win?
              No not a must win, but a must show up, play hard for 48 minutes and be competitive if not victorious.

However, a win for the Raptors will increase their swag and self-confidence which is a good thing.

I haven't really commented directly about Johnson's performance against the Knicks because I felt no need to. However, with respect to swag his right now is at an all-time high since he has been in the NBA and he is starting to get some respect from the officials on the sheet that he pulls.

His one put back, not the high flyer one, but another in which he was able to get the rebound and put it back while Amar'e stood flat footed was because Johnson held Amar's down when Johnson started to leap for the rebound. D'Antoni was screaming about it toward at least one official along the sidelines.

When players start to get away with sheet so that opposing coaches start screaming about it you know that that player is getting some respect from officials.

That is was all teams need to win; i.e. respect from the officials.

So a good game by the Raptors tonight will help to increase their Swag and their play in the future and maybe even earn them some more respect from the officials.

P.S. Earning respect from officials does not mean that you can get away with silly fouls, but it does mean that you can stretch the envelope a bit or more and get away with it more often than not.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                No not a must win, but a must show up and play hard for 48 minutes.
                I know I'm just being a dick.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                X