Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Hey Apollo,

How many wing players has Bryco kept around here to watch develop? That is one position you can't afford to lollygag on if you want to win.
    Well, he let Joe Johnson develop and that one turned out great. I just mentioned how their goal this year, in my opinion, doesn't appear to be winning so I'm lost...

Demar should be put on the bench until he earns starters minutes, you and I both know that.
    What I know is he's working hard and he needs good minutes if he is going to develop sooner than later. They can afford to take their lumps with DeMar because whether he's in there or not they're going no where this season.

Weems is a variable as he is so cheap now and has flashes of greatness. He should not be starting , but would make good trade fodder, and you better believe BC knows that. Sonny should be more concerned than anyone.
    Again, I don't care about what happens to Weems as long as the Raptors don't get left empty handed. He's not the answer now and I don't think he will be later. He is a good role player. I don't see any greatness in him. He's exciting to watch at times, can play solid D at times and that's it.

Comment

I agree with you Apollo. I'm just not programmed to accept losing as a bi-product of "being in rebuild", just the competitor in me I guess. But ur right , a la the Joe Johnson example.

Comment

Not sure who is programming me given the MLSE company line doesn't involve any mention of losing a lot of games. I'm just trying to be realistic and speaking from past experiences of Raptors teams gone by. Teams that failed miserably in the standings due to an on going rebuild. This current roster is no better than many of those in terms of what they can accomplish in the standings this season. That's my take on it anyway.

For example. Last time around the team had a young core in CB4, Mo Pete, Jose Calderon, Joey G and Charlie V. We the fans had unrealistic hopes then too. Both Charlie and Joey turned out to be role players but try going back in time and telling fans that when they got drafted and played out their first season.
        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

That's a good point. So what is the solution to get some wins now? I think both should be on the bench. Weems is trade bait if I've ever seen it.
          quality trolling, multipaul. acknowledge he's made a good point to keep him interested in more dialogue, misdirect from said point with a half-assed argument, then throw in the same point you've been trolling with all thread in a subtle one-liner at the end.

bravo.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
            quality trolling, multipaul. acknowledge he's made a good point to keep him interested in more dialogue, misdirect from said point with a half-assed argument, then throw in the same point you've been trolling with all thread in a subtle one-liner at the end.

bravo.
            your comments are inappropriate, ignorant, and offensive. go away.

Comment

Neither should get traded, at least until the off season. Making a bold move to upgrade the wings with an overpriced borderline allstar veteran would be the absolute definition of a treadmill move.

Comment

Working...
              X