MPG----------22-----------25
    PPG------------8-----------11
    FG%---------.372--------.502
    RPG------------6-----------7
    BPG------------3-----------4
    FPG------------4------------3

Johnson in the D-League also averaged 4 FPG but in 32 MPG

stats

The Raptors are on the hook for $1.6 million to him over this season and next. Hopefully he will improve enough this season and next to get some minutes with the Raptors during this period.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 05:55 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

He is also averaging 3 blocks a game (leading the Dleague right now).

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      He is also averaging 3 blocks a game (leading the Dleague right now).
      See my corrected post above

His numbers including blocks compare unfavorably to Chiekh Samb who is also 7' +, former Raptors LVSL player and NBA bust.

He is even fouling at a higher rate than Johnson did in the D-League. Didn't think it was possible
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm not worried. He's a project, like most 2nd rounders. If he makes it, great. If not then no real loss to the team because its the normal fate of most 2nd rounders. (I'm hoping he makes it because I like his story and he works hard.)

Comment

Yeah I was lookin at his stats a couple days ago. It's no secret he's only going to play in the NBA this year if Joey, Amir, and Reggie get into a terrible dune buggy accident. He got ate up by Orton last weekend.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

they don't pass him the ball much, in fact they seem to look him off alot that would be extremely frustrating if I was in his position. I honestly think this development would move faster if he was in raptors practices listening to what the coach expects him to do in the offensive and defensive sets toronto runs. I watched him friday and saturday and he looked like he didn't want to be there at all.

Comment

What do you guys think his best case scenario is? Sam Dalembert? We all know the worst case, Ronald MacDonald.

Comment

mutombo is probably best case for him.

and mike singletary needs to be fired reguardless of whether the packers win or not.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  What do you guys think his best case scenario is? Sam Dalembert? We all know the worst case, Ronald MacDonald.
                  Thabeet.

Sorry that's not funny.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    mutombo is probably best case for him.
                    Wow, HOF. That would be good for the Raptors. This is certain.

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    and mike singletary needs to be fired reguardless of whether the packers win or not.
                    They got smoked by the Packers on Sunday. I neglected to update my sig. He did not get fired but it's a matter of when, not if. I agree with you.

Employee wrote: View Post
                    Thabeet.

Sorry that's not funny.
                    You're darn right it's not funny... Thabeet has a way better low post game than "Big Mac".
                    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Wow, HOF. That would be good for the Raptors. This is certain.
                      Based on the scouting report he has all the physical tools. He's just really raw ATM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Based on the scouting report he has all the physical tools. He's just really raw ATM.
                        Cheikh Samb who is from Senegal never played any basketball like Alabi until Samb was older.

Samb never played in college
                        Alabi played for 3 seasons with the FL St Seminoles

He played 76 games and averaged 22 plus mpg over those three seasons

So Alabi has a lot more college basketball experience than Samb.

Samb was considered a real project, Alabi is a project but not so much.

Yes he started late but he logged over 1,600 minutes over three seasons in NCAA Division I basketball.

Comment

I keep saying that Colangelo always finds garbage at the second round and this is no exception.

The same people who buy into Alabi hype are the same people who bought into the Australian Shaq hype!

The Raptors should stop drafting bigs in the second round and start drafting guards.

Comment

We should start a "C'mon man" sub-section of posts.

Firstly, big men have historically taken much more time to come into their own. Secondly, if Alabi was immediate impact talent he would have been drafted much higher. Could we have done better with a choice in the second round? I dont know. The only "steal" of the second round that I am aware of is Landry Fields of the Knicks. Does anyone know of another 2nd rd selectee in a regular rotation for his team? And how are the other centre bigs picked in the first doing overall?

A comparison might be worthwhile before an impatience stampede discounts Alabi's possibilities altogether in 3 mos.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              I keep saying that Colangelo always finds garbage at the second round and this is no exception.

The same people who buy into Alabi hype are the same people who bought into the Australian Shaq hype!

The Raptors should stop drafting bigs in the second round and start drafting guards.
                              That is a good point. Most good bigs are few and far between. Teams usually take ones with more promise in the first round. Guards are a dime a dozen really and many more good guards fall in to the second round for whatever reason - usually lack of hype or glowing reports from ESPN.

Risky bets are placed on bigs, safe bets are reserved for guards. No GM is willing to take a
                              risk on a guard in the first round.

Very general rules of thumb above but I agree with the generality overall.

Comment

Working...
                              X