Thabeet On The Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thabeet On The Block

Wednesday marks the official start of the trade season, with players who signed free agent deals last summers eligible as of Dec. 15 to be traded. Some GMs around the league believe that Milwaukee, which made substantial commitments this offseason to the likes of Drew Gooden (five years, $32 million) and John Salmons (five years, $39 million), may look to shed some salaries, but GM John Hammond insisted last week that the Bucks just needed to get healthy.

Right now, teams are making their due diligence calls, but no signficant offers. But one mame that is eminently available is Memphis's Hasheem Thabeet, who isn't one of the '10 free agent signees but is getting shopped hard by the Grizzlies, who have their center of the future in Marc Gasol. So the Grizz are looking to cut bait with the second pick in the '09 Draft, Video who's already had an NBA D-League stint, as soon as possible
    Source: NBA.com

I still can't believe they drafted him. Talk about a project, I think his picture is next to the word in Webster's Dictionary.

Comment

Hasheem Thabeet is available

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...aling_thabeet/

Should the Raptors take a chance on Thabeet?

Could he bring some defensive energy off the bench like Julian Wright?

What would do you think it would take to acquire him?

Apparently, the Grizzlies see Gasol as their long-term centre.

Comment

Sonny & Cher - Thabeet Goes On

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

David Aldridge describes Hasheem Thabeet as "eminently available" and "getting shopped hard by the Grizzlies."

Thabeet was selected second overall in the 2009 draft but Memphis is preparing to retain Marc Gasol who will be a restricted free agent after the season.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz1832Te0no

Comment

Dont we already have someone eerily similar on the roster?

Comment

That could turn out to be a bigger bust than Darko and the Kandi Man

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

No way..Thabeet is a huge bust.

Comment

Please no. 7'3" and shoots 47%, never has passed in his life and turnovers are through the roof. 4.5 PER.
                  http://www.basketball-reference.com/...thabeha01.html

There is a reason MEM is anxious to get rid of him.
                  http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Bust sounds more accurate right now.

Comment

why the hell not he is only 4 mil a year for the next 2 years. kleiza is not producing on a night to night bases. So take thabeet and alabi in practices together and have them go at it, trial by fire.

Comment

Alabi will probably be better than him, and he'll never be more than a backup center. I'm dead serious-pass on Thabust.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                          Alabi will probably be better than him, and he'll never be more than a backup center. I'm dead serious-pass on Thabust.
                          I normally don't agrue too much cause this is all opinions anyways right, nothing we say affects what really happens. So with that being said suppose for one second that what we seen of him is his max potential he still a legit 7'1 center with a 7'6 wingspan who is athletic enough to run the floor with the current roster we have. He does have the ability to give weak side help which toronto needs if he only scores 10 points a game and grabs 6-8 rebounds at 4 mil he is a steal I would think. I personally think memphis was the wrong system for him

Comment

I called on him to be the 2009 biggest bust when he was drafted and he never proved me wrong.

Comment

here we have a guy that played 68 games (not 1 or 2) and posted 13 mpg for 3 ppg. go forward with mr. alabi
                              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                              X