Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NBA free agents: HoopsWorld.com ranks top 30 (post 129)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really wish we could sign Afflalo, and Young/Green. But my dream will never happen.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I really wish we could sign Afflalo, and Young/Green. But my dream will never happen.
      Faith, Joe, faith! lol

I like all three of those guys. It is hard to believe that Young is still only 22 years old.

Daquean Cook is playing much better of late with minutes. He might be a player available and god knows the Raps need some outside shooting.

Comment

of the players listed that haven't been traded/resigned (brewer, perk) i like:

patty mills - solid backup/3rd pg. i don't think the blazers will let him walk, though.
        affalo - quality defender. can come off the bench and offer something. good outside shooter.
        weems - only for cheap, though.
        wilson chandler is intriguing but unless we start him at the 3 i don't think we'd have the minutes to make his contract worth it
        jeff green - i've stated my love for him numerous times, that said the celts aren't going to let him go
        mbah a moute - can play 2 positions effectively, is a excellent defender. perfect guy to have come off the bench
        amundson - terrific energy. if he was cheap, why not?
        gasol - fuck. yes. grizz aren't letting him go, though.
        deandre jordon - im really high on this guy. he's a beast inside (defensively) and could start or come off the bench. won't offer much in the way of offense outside of putbacks or dunks but he'd be well worth it regardless imho. apparently everywhere he's played all his teammates have loved him. kind of like JJ.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          of the players listed that haven't been traded/resigned (brewer, perk) i like:

patty mills - solid backup/3rd pg. i don't think the blazers will let him walk, though.
          affalo - quality defender. can come off the bench and offer something. good outside shooter.
          weems - only for cheap, though.
          wilson chandler is intriguing but unless we start him at the 3 i don't think we'd have the minutes to make his contract worth it
          jeff green - i've stated my love for him numerous times, that said the celts aren't going to let him go
          mbah a moute - can play 2 positions effectively, is a excellent defender. perfect guy to have come off the bench
          amundson - terrific energy. if he was cheap, why not?
          gasol - fuck. yes. grizz aren't letting him go, though.
          deandre jordon - im really high on this guy. he's a beast inside (defensively) and could start or come off the bench. won't offer much in the way of offense outside of putbacks or dunks but he'd be well worth it regardless imho. apparently everywhere he's played all his teammates have loved him. kind of like JJ.
          Didn't BC look in to Amundson last summer? I'm pretty sure he did.

I think you are underestimating Afflalo - he's got game (cliche anyone?). I wonder if BC could sell him on the 6th man with a big enough contract? lol

I'd be surprised if DEN kept both Chandler and Afflalo.

Comment

No idea about amundson. I think he'd fit in perfectly, though.

I heard the nugs are enamored with Gallinari and want to keep Affalo. Wouldn't surprise me if they let Chandler walk.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

How'd this get bumped? Anyway, I'm glad it did. I want Greg Oden on this team, I think his value will be down and if we can get him cheap and he stays healthy we'll have an elite defensive center. For everyone else it depends who we draft. Jeff Green is a nice player but if we take a three like Barnes in the draft I don't think we'd have room for him. I'd also like to hear what it would take to get Dalembert .
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                How'd this get bumped? Anyway, I'm glad it did. I want Greg Oden on this team, I think his value will be down and if we can get him cheap and he stays healthy we'll have an elite defensive center. For everyone else it depends who we draft. Jeff Green is a nice player but if we take a three like Barnes in the draft I don't think we'd have room for him. I'd also like to hear what it would take to get Dalembert .
                Adding a fourth big who is preferably a defensive C is a must in my opinion. Certain games/teams/match ups require it. Amir and Ed have the PF spot locked up.

No doubt the SF spot is dependent on the draft. Not much sense going after Green if P. Jones, T. Jones, or Barnes are drafted.

BTW, I bumped it. Any thread you want brought to people's attention again, all you have to do is put a comment in and to the top it goes.

Comment

I don't think Oden will ever be healthy
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Adding a fourth big who is preferably a defensive C is a must in my opinion. Certain games/teams/match ups require it. Amir and Ed have the PF spot locked up.

No doubt the SF spot is dependent on the draft. Not much sense going after Green if P. Jones, T. Jones, or Barnes are drafted.

BTW, I bumped it. Any thread you want brought to people's attention again, all you have to do is put a comment in and to the top it goes.
                    Oh geeze, I was looking at the the join date and I thought it was the comment date and thought,man how'd a thread from July get here. ughh, too many losses, my brain's breaking.

I think we are set at power forward and shooting guard for the moment. My two number one things for BC to get are an elite three and like you said, good, old school, defensive minded, center. Then we either trade Bargs or cut his minutes significantly. In the past I would have liked to try him at the four but at this point I don't want anything to disturb the development of Ed Davis who, along with DD and maybe this years pick, is the future of the franchise.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      Oh geeze, I was looking at the the join date and I thought it was the comment date and thought,man how'd a thread from July get here. ughh, too many losses, my brain's breaking.

I think we are set at power forward and shooting guard for the moment. My two number one things for BC to get are an elite three and like you said, good, old school, defensive minded, center. Then we either trade Bargs or cut his minutes significantly. In the past I would have liked to try him at the four but at this point I don't want anything to disturb the development of Ed Davis who, along with DD and maybe this years pick, is the future of the franchise.

We need a PG too. Caldy and Bayless aren't going to cut it.

Comment

^^Aaron Brooks is the solution.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                          ^^Aaron Brooks is the solution.
                          If the problem is you want a shoot first PG who doesn't shoot a high percentage, who doesn't pass the ball and doesn't play much defense. Fortunately, I don't have that problem and I hope Colangelo doesn't, as well. I'd much rather have Calderon than Brooks. For all of Calderon's weaknesses, he does make those around him better on offense and knows how to pass the ball. I'd list Brooks and Rodney Stuckey as two guys who don't seem to have the first clue of how to be a PG. No thanks.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Didn't BC look in to Amundson last summer? I'm pretty sure he did.

I think you are underestimating Afflalo - he's got game (cliche anyone?). I wonder if BC could sell him on the 6th man with a big enough contract? lol

I'd be surprised if DEN kept both Chandler and Afflalo.
                            I don't think they can. And I think they will let Chandler go, and if they do we need to pounce. He is a guy who can score 20 a game if given the ball. And if they sign Chandler and leave Afflalo, I'd give Afflalo $6-7 million a year...

Comment

Faith, Joe, faith! lol

I like all three of those guys. It is hard to believe that Young is still only 22 years old.

Daquean Cook is playing much better of late with minutes. He might be a player available and god knows the Raps need some outside shooting.
                              Yeah they are all really underrated. Afflalo is a really good SG, and is one of those players which contenders would drool over. And Young is also very underrated, quick, big, athletic, long, good shooter etc... Let's hope BC makes some miracles!

Comment

A guy I'd look into is Shawne Williams. Another would be Earl Clark. In terms of bench depth, those guys could be had pretty cheaply.

Comment

Working...
                                X