Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Orl

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2e8bmke

This would be great, we get an inside presence, bargs can move to the four (Amir and Davis will basically get the same minutes now that there is no Evans, Dorsey, or Alabi) or even three since he is fast enough. This will create huge match-up problems with bargs on the outside and Gortat on the inside. Also our defence will improve significantly now that there is no free brunch Barganani was giving in the key.
    This also makes sense from an Orlando standpoint, because they never use Gortat with Howard inside. Reggie could serve as a rebounder and a defender that could make Orlando the best defensive and rebounding team in the league. He is also a veteran presence. Dorsey and Alabi are both projects that could be traded as add-ons in bigger deals. The trade exception is also part of that.

I very much doubt orlando would except this despite the points I showed but it would be cool.

no thanks i think alabi and gortat are similar players

Comment

ORL doesn't have the roster spaces for a 3 for 1 trade

Why is TOR using TPE when the contracts exchanged fit the rules?

This trade does nothing to make ORL better on the court. It saves them money though.

I cannot see this ever happening. If it was a possibility it would have already been done. I'm sure most discussions BC has had with Otis Smith have centered around Gortat.

Comment

Gortat won't come to Toronto, he wants to be a starter. Why would he come to a non-contending team, to play back-up to Bargnani who is not a 4 or a 3. Gortat was frustrated to play backup to Howard, how would he feel playing backup to Bargnani? What we could do though is put Gortat, Kleiza and Bargnani as our frontcourt, with no one with a 'real' position. And Amir playing the minutes he manages on the floor. Thing is, I think Gortat might want to play for a better team.
        And I don't see why Orlando would do it...

Comment

Gortat was just traded to Phoenix...so your dream is over!
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

This would be great, we get an inside presence, bargs can move to the four
            But doesnt matter now that he is with the suns.

Orlando is screwed after that trade

Comment

Working...
            X