Bargs 4th Place in East for All Star Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs 4th Place in East for All Star Centres

Initial votes are in, and King Bargs is 4/10 for Eastern Conference centres. For all intents and purposes, it will be Superman v2 and Superman v1 making the cut, with the coaches vote possibly going to Noah instead (although he might be out with his injured thumb, and Shaq might be out too).

Do you think Bargs can make the coaches vote if Shaq Daddy and Noah are injured? You be the judge.

Centers:
    Dwight Howard (Magic) 611,561
    Shaquille O'Neal (Celtics) 241,782
    Joakim Noah (Bulls) 97,163
    Andrea Bargnani (Raptors) 53,275
    Al Horford (Hawks) 49,098
    Andrew Bogut (Bucks) 48,298
    Brook Lopez (Nets) 38,103
    JaVale McGee (Wizards) 36,227
    Roy Hibbert (Pacers) 35,006
    Ben Wallace (Pistons) 21,858

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/16/a...lts/index.html

Shaq is not an allstar this year, I know he has been one of the greats to play the game but he does not deserve to be in the game this year. Horford and Bogut should be there first, and Andrea could of had a shot is the Raps were still winning a few games, but this slide is killing his chances.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

shaq is popular. the all-star game is a popularity contest.

case closed.

Comment

Only one center gets voted in rite? if tats the case Dwights in, Shaq is out. Only way shaw was goin to get in was if ppl voted him in. I dont think the theys retarded enuff to vote in Shaq, probably Noah.

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
          Only one center gets voted in rite? if tats the case Dwights in, Shaq is out. Only way shaw was goin to get in was if ppl voted him in. I dont think the theys retarded enuff to vote in Shaq, probably Noah.
          Dude doesnt one get voted in, and then the coaches can vote in another forward/centre right?

Comment

Amare Stoudamire
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
              Amare Stoudamire
              Amare is a PF.

Comment

Amare could do both on the coaches ballot. He is a power forward but he plays the majority of his time at center.

Right now my bet is Bogut is gonna play his way into the backup C spot cause Noah might be injured with that surgery. Bargs would be next up IMO.

Horford and Lopez aren't having great years compared to last year so I could see Bargs ahead of them. Plus Bargs fits the all star game style way better. ALL OFFENSE, NO DEFENSE.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Shaq?? Al Horford should have more votes than Bargnani, and Lopez sucks.

Comment

Bogut and Horford deserve it much more than Bargnani, and I bet one of them get the coaches vote assuming Noah is out for a while. Far better stats on far better teams, far more impact on the game, only slightly less entertaining.

Comment

Agree about Horford, but Bogut is not having the greatest year.
                      Howard is rightfully #1 but then you could make arguments for Noah, Horford, Hibbert and our Bargnani for #2.

Comment

I would much rather have horford, bogut, or lopez on my team than bargnani any day.. cuz they are well rounded players whereas bargs is a one dimensional offensive player

Comment

+1

Comment

Bargs offence is vastly superior to all mentioned.
                            Listen, I don't disagree that the others have more energy, but I think you have a home-town bias against the guy. He's having a decent year, coming into his own offensively. Nobody stands out at #2 and I would put Bargnani in the mix.

Comment

yes I agree that bargnani is having a great offensive season and is averaging more points than all three of those players however he is also averaging less than a block and 6 rebounds a game. I mean horford and bogut are both contributing to their teams in other ways. Lopez cant rebound so right now Id say bargs is better than lopez and horford but he cant touch bogut's 14 points 12 rebounds and three blocks a game (thats the numbers a real center puts up)...

Comment

Working...
                              X