The Non Americans won today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Non Americans won today

Tonights game against New Jersey, it was the international players that played well (Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza and Barbosa) while all the remaining Americans on the Raptor team who did play, played lousy.

Must have been a full moon.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Dec 17, 2010, 10:59 PM.

DeMar played well tonight. Missed a couple wide open opportunities in the first half, but gotta give the kid credit for continuing to attack the basket and getting to the free throw line.

Anyhow, I loved this game tonight mostly because it didn't consist of Weems. Happy to see Linas back in the starting line-up (even if it was by default) and hope Jay keeps him there even if Sonny is healthy.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      DeMar played well tonight. Missed a couple wide open opportunities in the first half, but gotta give the kid credit for continuing to attack the basket and getting to the free throw line.

Anyhow, I loved this game tonight mostly because it didn't consist of Weems. Happy to see Linas back in the starting line-up (even if it was by default) and hope Jay keeps him there even if Sonny is healthy.
      Agreed. I'll take Linas spotting up and posting up any day over Weems forcing offense. DeRozan looked good too. Some great passes, surprisingly.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Bargnani 32 pts 9 rebounds...Even better all the haters have quietly gone away...

Comment

Agree, I always thought Weems is better suited providing a spark off the bench. He's better suited taking advantage of opposing teams bench players.

Comment

+1 on Weems continuing to be on the bench even when he returns. Enough with this young nones stuff, they have not achieved anything yet.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
              Bargnani 32 pts 9 rebounds...Even better all the haters have quietly gone away...
              Unfortunately the forums aren't as entertaining when Andrea plays like an all-star. The selfish part of me that likes active message boards would like to see Bargnani suck again.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                Enough with this young nones stuff, they have not achieved anything yet.
                Young Onez still remains the worst marketing ploy by a Toronto sports team ever. Even worst that Roberto Alomar's McCain's juice commercials back in the early 90's. "Catch the taste".

Comment

Unfortunately the forums aren't as entertaining when Andrea plays like an all-star. The selfish part of me that likes active message boards would like to see Bargnani suck again.
                  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! they'll be back ...we'll be nice if they won't , that means Bargnani makes 30-10 every night!!!

Comment

shouldnt have to wait to long... next games on sunday...

id still like to see consistancy in bargs offence & id like to see him put up the same against the Lakers...

unlike some i dont base my judgement on a guy based on 1 or 2 games...& i sure dont let my emotions from a lose or victory cloud my judgment..

bargs had a good game yes... but it was the nets lets not forget....lets not plan MVP celebrations & parade routes yet...id still trade him if the offer was right...

also the win wouldnt have came if JC wasnt dishing dimes & if weems starts then whoo knows.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      bargs had a good game yes... but it was the nets lets not forget....lets not plan MVP celebrations & parade routes yet...id still trade him if the offer was right....
                      Woah-woah cowboy! Who's talking MVP here? Andrea's far from being considered MVP material, but he's quickly played his way to all-star consideration this season. Can't deny that.

Baby steps man .... baby steps. MVP talk can come down the road.

Comment

This via Ryan Wolstat:

Brook Lopez on Bargnani: "Every time I've played him he's gotten better. He is a fantastic player and is always a great challenge."

Comment

Great game. I think this win can be attributed to Calderon. The offense just flows so much smoother when he's at the helm. I'm sure Bayless will come in to his own, but it is nice to have an excellent role model. If Bayless can add some of Calderon's play making, consistency and distribution skills to his aggression, speed and driving lay-ups, then he will be top tier.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Speaking of Bayless, Holly MacKenzie just mentioned that Bayless was under the weather tonight. Hence why he didn't look so hot and why Jose played as much as he did. Not taking anything away from Calderon because he played a gem of a game, but I was wondering why Jerryd didn't get more burn tonight.

Comment

I think its good for Weems to actually have to compete for his position. If kleiza plays like this all the time then Weems will have problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X