Raptors Are Definitely in the Playoff Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Are Definitely in the Playoff Mix

Whether people like it or not the Raptors are roughly on the same level as all the Eastern Conference teams except : Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta and yes New York.

I feel we can play with the other teams including the fearsome Indiana Pacers lmao. That means that injuries and possible trades or other pickups could be a determining factor.

None of those remaining teams have winning records and it appears very possible that seventh and eighth in the Conference may well be occupied by teams with more wins than losses.

It appears that the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire and Raymond Felton has raised the Knicks above the fray.

The Raptors have some assets and some young players that may help in the future. For those who advocate tanking why do it? I still say the Raptors are not that far away (like the Knicks last year).

Good to see Bargs and Calderon back - they played major roles last night against the Nets.
    Last edited by StaytheCourse; Sat Dec 18, 2010, 08:48 AM.
    Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

how awesome would it be if we faced miami in the play offs? that'd be 2 former raptors that would get to burn us with their new teams.

Comment

all i have to say is LOL..... & I really hope we don't make the playoffs because I wouldl like a high pick in the draft rather then getting blown out in the first round...
      Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

The Raptors will not make the playoffs due to 2 words:

INEXPERIENCE

&

INCONSISTENCY

Comment

I am in favour of staying the course and letting the team as is, weed itself out this year. Artificially propping it up with some acquisitions in season who are not young or not draft picks is messing with future sustainable growth. If the team were just to eke out an 8th place seed, going up against Miami in the first round is not something I would look forward to and then be "rewarded" by being out of the lottery. The return just doesnt make sense this year.

Comment

well orlando just shook up there roster & landed Turkydoodoo, J-Rich & Agent-0 G.Arenas.... they loose gortat who id have liked as a Rap... Pietrus,R.Lewis & VC & a 1st rounder LOL.... maybe they fall off LOL cant wait till the raps play orlando!

when Turkydoodoo fails to impress back in Orlando... he'll be all out of excuses!!!!!!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              well orlando just shook up there roster & landed Turkydoodoo, J-Rich & Agent-0 G.Arenas.... they loose gortat who id have liked as a Rap... Pietrus,R.Lewis & VC & a 1st rounder LOL.... maybe they fall off LOL cant wait till the raps play orlando!

when Turkydoodoo fails to impress back in Orlando... he'll be all out of excuses!!!!!!
              Lol. This quote from espn is incredible....

"The fact that the Suns were forced to give up the popular Richardson for the ability to trade away Turkoglu and his onerous contract is sure to be greeted with disappointed in the locker room, but Phoenix management is clearly hoping that the arrivals of Gortat and Pietrus can provide a much-needed boost of size and defensive toughness.

The acquisition of Turkoglu as a primary replacement for departed free agent Amare Stoudemire clearly wasn't working out for the Suns, who have been more vulnerable defensively and on the glass than they've ever been in their years of small-ball success."

Looks like this deal only went down because of the Turk!! Wonder what Orlando will do when his shot still doesnt drop. Looks like an "equal" type deal for all...but the Magic are going to miss Gortat in the playoffs. Cant wait for Stan VG to bust a gasket if Hedo is the same as here & Phoenix.

Comment

Working...
              X