X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson's Back Spasms - What He Is Not Saying About What I Saw Happen

Johnson's Back Spasms

He was asked what he thought caused it.

He said he didn’t know but said that he thought it was odd in that it was only on one side and came on suddenly.

People can go back and re-watch the game. Go to the second quarter just before he left with the injury.

You will notice that he was posting up and Gasol had his right forearm pressed against Johnson’s back. A lot of defenders do this because it is legal and a foul won’t be called for it.

However what happened next was that Gasol’s right forearm became removed from contact with Johnson’s back. Then Gasol forcibly shoved his right forearm into the location where Johnson was injured. Immediately after the forearm shiv to Johnson’s lower back he had to come out.

Maxiell used this tactic on Howard a number of years ago in the playoffs with similar results. Howard was hampered for the rest of the playoffs as a result.

It is not too difficult to injure someone on the lower back using a forearm shiv if you know what you are doing and where to hit the other person in the lower back with your forearm. Johnson and Gasol were going at it pretty good and frankly in the first quarter Johnson got the best of the battle so it wouldn't surprise me that Gasol may have been dishing up some payback for that.

On the other hand in the heat of battle a player can just be playing hard defense and sheet happens. That is what I think happened here Then again I am a big Pau fan so I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Johnson's Back Spasms

He was asked what he thought caused it.

He said he didn’t know but said that he thought it was odd in that it was only on one side and came on suddenly.

People can go back and re-watch the game. Go to the second quarter just before he left with the injury.

You will notice that he was posting up and Gasol had his right forearm pressed against Johnson’s back. A lot of defenders do this because it is legal and a foul won’t be called for it.

However what happened next was that Gasol’s right forearm became removed from contact with Johnson’s back. Then Gasol forcibly shoved his right forearm into the location where Johnson was injured. Immediately after the forearm shiv to Johnson’s lower back he had to come out.

Maxiell used this tactic on Howard a number of years ago in the playoffs with similar results. Howard was hampered for the rest of the playoffs as a result.

It is not too difficult to injure someone on the lower back using a forearm shiv if you know what you are doing and where to hit the other person in the lower back with your forearm. Johnson and Gasol were going at it pretty good and frankly in the first quarter Johnson got the best of the battle so it wouldn't surprise me that Gasol may have been dishing up some payback for that.

On the other hand in the heat of battle a player can just be playing hard defense and sheet happens. That is what I think happened here Then again I am a big Pau fan so I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.
    Can you give me the time? I have the video for the game I could upload the clip.

Comment

Personally I think AJ may have had an aggressive bout of spooning.

Your last para is probably it. Stuff happens and I am sure Amir employs the same legal tactic without particular regard to the spinal column or other sundry bones in the back. I have never heard of Pau being a dirty player.

Comment

I'm not doubting that Gasol would cause a little pain to Johnson by doing what Buddah suggested, this happens in every sport and is one of the main reasons teams don't announce injuries, especially in hockey/NFL. At the same time, doubt Gasol's intention was to injure although when you resort to those kind of tactics, an injury is always a possibility.

What goes around, comes around.

Comment

kobe probably told him all that sneaky shit, they are becoming a bit desperate
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

The Lakers don't get desperate til June, and even then...
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Did you guys read the rest of the article? It clearly states that Johnson did the same thing to Gasol before that incident.

Comment

Working...
              X