No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Know Why We Traded Delfino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Know Why We Traded Delfino?

can anyone shed some light, on why delfino didn't come back ?

was it a minutes issue, or personal or something else ?

just wondering if anyone knows...

thanks,

I think he was a RFA and we did a sign and trade.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

amir johnson + weems + redundancy at the wings with drafting derozan

Comment

from what i remember he wanted more minutes then we were willing to give him and therefore wanted a bigger and longer contract then BC obviously thought he was worth as a bench role player.

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
          amir johnson + weems + redundancy at the wings with drafting derozan
          would have had nothing to do with Dero...delfino & dero are 2 completely different types of players... delfino has a jumper with good range & can handle the ball pretty well along with pretty good passing... i think he wanted more minutes & thats why he went back to europe. kinda the same way Kleiza did...not sure he got any good contract offers too

Comment

Delfino was in Europe but we had his rights. My memory is a bit foggy but I think they tried to sign him but when the numbers couldn't be figured out we traded him to make sure we got something from his contract.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Delfino was in Europe but we had his rights. My memory is a bit foggy but I think they tried to sign him but when the numbers couldn't be figured out we traded him to make sure we got something from his contract.
              Yep. Carlos was a RFA playing in europe. Contract despute with BC put him there the year before. Worked him in the trade right before Turk got here and that was the summer of trades remember. 9 new faces.

I think its the Bucks system that works for him more than anything else. But Hindsight is 20:20
              What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

He got turned into Weems and Johnson - I'd do it straight up for Johnson

Comment

We do remember how inconsistent he was right?

Comment

In a nutshell:

He was a chucker that wanted more money he didn't deserve so he decided to skip on the Raptors offer and play in the Russian league where they didn't even pay him everything. So he comes back and BC trade's his ass for Weems and Johnson which probably was one of the best trades BC ever did as a Raptor's GM.

FYI he only played 7 games this season due to injury.

Comment

All I can remember is people blasting BC for using 2 second round picks to get Delf. It was an ongoing message board theme with some people who seem to think it's more likely than not you'll get quality in the second round.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                        All I can remember is people blasting BC for using 2 second round picks to get Delf. It was an ongoing message board theme with some people who seem to think it's more likely than not you'll get quality in the second round.
                        Depending how high is the pick.

One of the picks ended up being Jonas Jerebko.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                          from what i remember he wanted more minutes then we were willing to give him and therefore wanted a bigger and longer contract then BC obviously thought he was worth as a bench role player.
                          This. His valuation of himself was higher than BC's of him.

Comment

He thought he was worth more because on one night he could go 5/5 from 3PT and have 20+ points. He would just forget about the previous 3 nights where he goes 1/5 from 3PT and has 5 points.

Comment

He specifically stated he did not want to return to Toronto. He would either stay in Europe or get his rights traded. I liked delfino but got pissed when he made the claims so BC traded someone who refused to play for the team and got something back so good on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X