Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
    I think people boo for the simple fact that McGrady was our chance to move up the NBA food chain and when he left he took that with him. People also boo because McGrady left without returning calls from the Raptors when he apparently lead them to believe he was a lock to come back. Personally I never held it against him becaue of the way he was handled the three years he was here but he did snub the team in he end...but a saint compared to Bosh and VC.

McGrady was one of Grunwalds biggest screw ups. Not having the balls to tell Coaches (Walker and Carter) to play him...and then believing McGrady had Toronto #1 on his list (which, again, McGrady apparently had told the team) then getting practically nothing for losing him.
    Actually Grunwald's biggest screw up was not trading McGrady during the season like he should have. EVERYONE knew he was leaving...except for Grunwald it seems. BTW, the GM should NEVER force a coach to play someone. It's disrespectful and shows that you don't trust the coaching staff that YOU hired. Any good coach would just tell the GM "Why don't you coach the team then if you think you can do such a good job?"

Comment

Raptoronto wrote: View Post
      I think people boo for the simple fact that McGrady was our chance to move up the NBA food chain and when he left he took that with him. People also boo because McGrady left without returning calls from the Raptors when he apparently lead them to believe he was a lock to come back. Personally I never held it against him becaue of the way he was handled the three years he was here but he did snub the team in he end...but a saint compared to Bosh and VC.

McGrady was one of Grunwalds biggest screw ups. Not having the balls to tell Coaches (Walker and Carter) to play him...and then believing McGrady had Toronto #1 on his list (which, again, McGrady apparently had told the team) then getting practically nothing for losing him.

I can't remember where I read/heard this... but I remember Oak saying that management screwed up the tmac situation. They low-balled him big-time during negotiations. So one, he felt under-appreciated by the coaching staff, and two--management tried to chince him. Why wouldn't he go back home for max money?!

Comment

Bosh didn't say anything bad about the city and never left on a bad note like Carter. He played out his contract and had every right to go play for another team. I'm not sure where you guys are getting this shit from...

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Bosh didn't say anything bad about the city and never left on a bad note like Carter. He played out his contract and had every right to go play for another team. I'm not sure where you guys are getting this shit from...
          Very true. Bosh, as immature as he was at handling this situation, didn't really do anything THAT bad. At the end of the day though, people in Toronto need to grow the f*** up and move on, but unfortunately a lot of people here suffer from inferiority complex so whenever a player decides he doesn't want to play here they (the fans) take it as a personal insult.

I do remember that a lot of people in Toronto held a grudge against McGrady because he wanted to be "the man" and that's why he "ditched" Toronto. They need to find any reason to hate, so they take this as an excuse to hate McGrady because of his "massive ego" and his thinking that he's too good for Toronto.

Comment

I blame the Leafs and Leaf fans. Created a culture of mass hysteria for Toronto sports fans.

Comment

NoFrillz wrote: View Post
              I can't remember where I read/heard this... but I remember Oak saying that management screwed up the tmac situation. They low-balled him big-time during negotiations. So one, he felt under-appreciated by the coaching staff, and two--management tried to chince him. Why wouldn't he go back home for max money?!
              They did.

Met Antonio Davis in Scotia Plaza the year after McGrady left and he said that they offered T-Mac an incentive based contract (no max) with stipulations for stuff like working out 'x' amount of times per week. He felt disrespected and Orlando was going to offer him a max deal so he bounced.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                Very true. Bosh, as immature as he was at handling this situation, didn't really do anything THAT bad. At the end of the day though, people in Toronto need to grow the f*** up and move on, but unfortunately a lot of people here suffer from inferiority complex so whenever a player decides he doesn't want to play here they (the fans) take it as a personal insult.

I do remember that a lot of people in Toronto held a grudge against McGrady because he wanted to be "the man" and that's why he "ditched" Toronto. They need to find any reason to hate, so they take this as an excuse to hate McGrady because of his "massive ego" and his thinking that he's too good for Toronto.
                Not sure why the hate when all of these dudes say they love the city regardless of the fans reaction. You'd think they insulted your little sister.

Comment

I don't know whether you guys were even fans 10 years ago but here are a few reasons that fans still boo T-Mac:

He sulked a few times to the media that it was too cold up in Toronto and that he never really liked to leave his condo. He wouldn't return Grunwald's phone calls once free agency began, even though at the end of season media gathering he told reporters that Toronto was his number 1 choice (it's easy to say today that EVERYONE knew he was leaving at the time).

Once he left for Orlando he told ESPN that he guaranteed that Vince would leave too once he was a free agent (at the time Vince was our baby). Last season he also implied that Bosh would leave too and would never re-sign here (seemed like another diss to the franchise).

Yeah he was right that bosh wouldnt re-sign but Tmac never had much respect for the city or the franchise. At least Vince loved toronto and embraced the city, same goes with Bosh.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    your right, he had every right to do that.

But, had no right to dis up the city and country he played in and for for 7 years.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

rhauer wrote: View Post
                      I don't know whether you guys were even fans 10 years ago but here are a few reasons that fans still boo T-Mac:

He sulked a few times to the media that it was too cold up in Toronto and that he never really liked to leave his condo. He wouldn't return Grunwald's phone calls once free agency began, even though at the end of season media gathering he told reporters that Toronto was his number 1 choice (it's easy to say today that EVERYONE knew he was leaving at the time).

Once he left for Orlando he told ESPN that he guaranteed that Vince would leave too once he was a free agent (at the time Vince was our baby). Last season he also implied that Bosh would leave too and would never re-sign here (seemed like another diss to the franchise).

Yeah he was right that bosh wouldnt re-sign but Tmac never had much respect for the city or the franchise. At least Vince loved toronto and embraced the city, same goes with Bosh.
                      Bingo
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        i'll boo any player not wearing a raptors jersey.. the only exception to that rule is nash.

but mcgrady always did get a bum wrap here
                        fans in this city are idiots

they'd rather goto games just to boo people instead of showing the love for the game and showing respect to true all stars

mcgrady didnt even use his option and let the raptors do a sign and trade

no wonder people dont want to come to toronto to play, screw face capital confirmed

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          your right, he had every right to do that.

But, had no right to dis up the city and country he played in and for for 7 years.
                          When did he "dis up the city and country he played in and for for 7 years"? From everything I've read and heard he always talks about how much he likes this city.

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                            T-Mac was never a star until he went to Orlando. He showed flashes averaging 15 ppg in his last season in Toronto. I've got nothing against McGrady. He simply did what was better for him. Plus we already had Carter so he was blocking his development. Toronto fans in general will boo any past player. I'm surprised Charlie V didn't get booed. Leafs fans boo Brian McCabe...what for?

Hey calm down, guys who average 15 ppg never get max contracts. He was a star, plain and simple. He was drafted 9th overall for a reason (in an era where high schoolers rarely went pro) and if the team sucked, he would have played more minutes. Unfortunately, they were competing and the defensive minded veterans got the PT.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                              fans in this city are idiots

they'd rather goto games just to boo people instead of showing the love for the game and showing respect to true all stars

mcgrady didnt even use his option and let the raptors do a sign and trade

no wonder people dont want to come to toronto to play, screw face capital confirmed
                              my issue with the booing isnt that it happens... its that it doesnt happen enough

it shouldn't be restricted to former raptors who left in less than favourable circumstances... it should apply to any player on the court who wants our team to lose.

"home court advantage" isnt supposed to be "favoritism from the refs"... its supposed to actually mean something... you're SUPPOSED to be hated on the road.

but im a throwback. ive been a fan since a hard foul was cracking a dude across the temple with your fist, and a flagrant meant you drew blood.

Comment

McGrady left Toronto over 10 years ago. Why are fans still booing him?
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X