Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myopia of Toronto Raptor fans- Starting 5 grades compared to the NBA/ Projection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone please make an ignore button this is crazy
    you hate this team but love reggie / amir
    O dear i luv blue collar energy guys
    what a load of fucking bullshit
    btw we traded the jackass you love from the bucks do i need to say more about this bullshit piece

Comment

deleting my account after reading this thread. MERRY CHRISTMAS you idiots.

Comment

derozan weems amir are the young shit squad, calderon and andrea are nice pieces andrea makes 3rd option kind of money go cry if ya disagree

btw feel free to make soft euro quotes in this topic it's all its lacking from being a complete shitstorm
        Last edited by MaGIX; Sat Dec 25, 2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          under bc's watch, not one player has developped into anything consistent...
          Andrea Bargnani
          Demar Derozan
          Ed Davis

Arguably Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems

who else has he aquired that you expect to develop, and which of those guys do you see as have reached as good as they will become

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
            can someone please make an ignore button this is crazy
            you hate this team but love reggie / amir
            O dear i luv blue collar energy guys
            what a load of fucking bullshit
            btw we traded the jackass you love from the bucks do i need to say more about this bullshit piece
            You are misunderstanding what I wrote. I said Amir can START on a legitimate NBA playoff team. It's not whether I like these guys or not, I'm basing their game compared to the rest of the NBA. If Serge Ibaka can start for the Oklahoma Thunder (which he did when Jeff Green got hurt) and still win I don't see why Amir can't play for a contender. Don't buy into what Colangelo and the media is force feeding you and try to be objective about this team. When I watch the games and hear Rautins and the rest talk about how this group has potential and ect I can't believe what I'm hearing. I watch teams other than the Raptors and most of these guys couldn't cut it on other teams let alone play 30 mpg. I challenge anyone to tell me Demar is a legit 2 guard or Andrea is a legit center in the NBA. You earn your starting spot in the NBA, you aren't given it because you're a first rounder but in Toronto it's the opposite. Andrea is starting because he's the number 1 pick, Demar starts because he's the number 9 pick. Look at Indiana, they don't even play Paul George, the number 10 pick despite having a hole at the 2, James Harden comes off the bench as the number 3 pick. If you truly believe you'd rather have Demar and Andrea over Thabo and Roy Hibbert you're kidding yourself or haven't watched any games that didn't involve the Raptors

Comment

I"m not trying to hate on the Raptor players because its not their fault. It's just funny to see how the fans have bought in what Colangelo sold. You can market it all you want, but if it ain't gold, it ain't gold, so don't try to sell to us how they have the pieces in place and these guys are legit NBA starters. They are role players and nothing more.

Comment

The good thing to all this is that if they fire BC and blow up this team, they can be contenders in a few years with a couple of good drafts and by then Boston, LA, Spurs, and maybe even Miami would have fallen off due to age. But this "retooling" nonsense people are buying into will only result in low lottery picks and virtually no chance of drafting a superstar

Comment

lol consistent improvement ? right
                  Here is an example of a clueless fan of basketball.

Have you checked Barnani's numbers from year to year? Have you seen him handle double teams this year? Have you noticed he's on a great contract for a third option player? Have you noticed Amir isn't getting into foul trouble as much? Have you noticed DeRozan getting to the line more frequently and developing a jumper? Even Calderon is returning to his former self. He could start for a lot of teams. His defense is suspect, but he's improved playing the passing lanes and even Rose has trouble containing most point guards.

You should be laughing at yourself.

Comment

nothing will change as long as people think derozan, amir, davis, bargs, and all the other young players on the raps are in the same class with the same high ceiliing as a:

rudy gay
                    mayo
                    m gasol
                    e gordon
                    blake griffin
                    steph curry
                    john wall
                    derrick rose
                    noah
                    horford
                    tyreke evans
                    kevin love
                    durant
                    westbrook
                    brook lopez
                    rondo
                    kevin love
                    and many others

under bc's watch, not one player has developped into anything consistent...

the players listed above are just as young as the raps young players, but clearly they are all way better.

but hey we can all remember bc's EOY and the three playoff games we have won since 2006
                    Madman wrote: View Post
                    Andrea Bargnani
                    Demar Derozan
                    Ed Davis

Arguably Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems

who else has he aquired that you expect to develop, and which of those guys do you see as have reached as good as they will become
                    you think those 3 have developped into a consistent player ?

wow... ed davis has barely played and you think he has developped ?

why do you put ed davis on that list but not alibi ??

your last sentence i couldnt understand

Comment

Thom wrote: View Post
                      Here is an example of a clueless fan of basketball.

Have you checked Barnani's numbers from year to year? Have you seen him handle double teams this year? Have you noticed he's on a great contract for a third option player? Have you noticed Amir isn't getting into foul trouble as much? Have you noticed DeRozan getting to the line more frequently and developing a jumper? Even Calderon is returning to his former self. He could start for a lot of teams. His defense is suspect, but he's improved playing the passing lanes and even Rose has trouble containing most point guards.

You should be laughing at yourself.
                      i think you need to look up the definition of the word consistent...

being consistent means putting in the effort every nite... can you really say we have even ONE raptor that you can count on to play hard every nite ? (other than reggie)

and when bargs is taking 17 shots a game, i dont think his stats reflect those of a third option player...

no one is arguing the improvement and flashes some players have given us, but that has nothing to do with being consistent...

Comment

you think those 3 have developped into a consistent player ?

wow... ed davis has barely played and you think he has developped ?

why do you put ed davis on that list but not alibi ??

your last sentence i couldnt understand
                        no thats exactly my point, none of those players have developed into a consistent player YET. my last sentence i meant out of the players that i have listed, which do you think has reached his potential because you are saying colangelo hasnt developed anyone, however all the players i listed are young players he has brought in which in my opinion still have havent and arent close to reaching their potential

Comment

What people fail to understand is that it's impossible to bring your A game every single night as an athlete. For the most part if a player like Andrea and Derozan have a great game they might end up carrying the team for one night but when they aren't on their "A" game, they aren't very effective. If for example Garnett isn't having a good shooting night, he might end up with 15 pts but will still impact the game on defense and do other things to win the game. The better the player, the more capable they are even when they are having a bad game. That's what makes a true number 1 option, his "B" game is capable of carrying a team. It seems kinda obvious but I find it funny when watching the Raptor games on tv and Jack Armstrong is preaching that Andrea should be more consistent. You can't ask Andrea to have an "A" game every night, it's not possible and not fair to him or anyone else in the league.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                            What people fail to understand is that it's impossible to bring your A game every single night as an athlete. For the most part if a player like Andrea and Derozan have a great game they might end up carrying the team for one night but when they aren't on their "A" game, they aren't very effective. If for example Garnett isn't having a good shooting night, he might end up with 15 pts but will still impact the game on defense and do other things to win the game. The better the player, the more capable they are even when they are having a bad game. That's what makes a true number 1 option, his "B" game is capable of carrying a team. It seems kinda obvious but I find it funny when watching the Raptor games on tv and Jack Armstrong is preaching that Andrea should be more consistent. You can't ask Andrea to have an "A" game every night, it's not possible and not fair to him or anyone else in the league.
                            yea but we're not asking anyone to score 30 pts a nite... we're asking for CONSISTENT effort. and it seems every nite we dont know what to expect from the players...

how many games has bargs been invisible on the defensive glass ?

look at perkins, scola, milsap, ibaka, (all late 1st round or 2nd round picks) have developed and know their role.

the reason why reggie evans is so liked by raps fans is because they know, this guy is gona play hard every second he is on the court.

yes we have flashes from weems, moon, graham, etc, but not one of the young players in the last 4 years has played hard the majority of the time they have played.

if you made it to the nba, it pretty much means you have the talent to hit a jump shot, or get a rebound (depending on position)... the development is being able to play smart, and bring the effort in the majority of the games...
                            Last edited by Legalize-It; Sun Dec 26, 2010, 12:02 PM.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                              What you fail to realize is that KG is only averaging 15.6 points a game so if he's off offensively he's probably scoring 8 points a game not 15. And Andrea is offensively way more talented than KG. No question. I said it here and I'll say it again. Defensively KG is a monster of epic proportions who has a solid offensive game.

There is nothing that you wrote that was optimistic. Offensively Bargnani is an incredibly special player who for his position can do things that very few other big men can do. So unless you at the very least give credit where credit is due you can't even be considered a realist.

I'd take some of the other points down but it would just be same BS different day. It's a reflection on your maturity that you expect the level of success that you do.

Comment

gman wrote: View Post
                                what you fail to realize is that kg is only averaging 15.6 points a game so if he's off offensively he's probably scoring 8 points a game not 15. and andrea is offensively way more talented than kg. no question. I said it here and i'll say it again. Defensively kg is a monster of epic proportions who has a solid offensive game.

There is nothing that you wrote that was optimistic. Offensively bargnani is an incredibly special player who for his position can do things that very few other big men can do. So unless you at the very least give credit where credit is due you can't even be considered a realist.

I'd take some of the other points down but it would just be same bs different day. It's a reflection on your maturity that you expect the level of success that you do.
                                d e l u s i o n a l

Comment

Working...
                                X