17, 12, 3 & 3 in 28 minutes = Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17, 12, 3 & 3 in 28 minutes = Ed Davis

So... why did we ride a banged up Amir Johnson for 12,6,2 & 1 in 42 minutes when Dorsey was playing fine?

Great game for Ed, but why didn't he play more in the third when he was the most efficient player in the first half?

Why was Kleiza so mad about the call when he seemed so clearly to be traveling after the hop-step?
    It's about money

Davis played well, but stats are not the only thing that matter, offensive cohesion and defensive rotations are important as well. Also, Amir may have seized up if he sat and cooled off, it may have been better for him to stay warm and play all those minutes.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Kleiza's anger was building up. You could see him get more and more pissed off after each whistle. Granted he deserved most of those whistles...

Comment

Davis had a great game for sure. He's obviously still raw, but it's good to see that he is at least capable of having big games. Nice team effort overall.

Comment

I would say he is now rounding into game shape. Go ED!

Comment

Time...

Ed played those minutes b/c of matchups...and I think he was out of position on a number of defensive plays in a row.

Also, Amir needed to stay warm.

As for Kleiza, he was getting ridden into the lane and was not getting the benefit of the call. Delaney swallowed his whistle a number of times. Kleiza felt the travel was the result of several shoves. I happened to agree with him. I even think a well placed technical can be useful. (Not two though).

The problem lies in the fact that the Raptors got the benefit of those calls as well. I guess basically I would say it is the job of the coach to tell Kleiza to shut up and play, b/c the calls are going both ways. Then quietly get in the ear of the ref that his players need the obvious ones called.

Awesome game.

Comment

Davis an wright were amazing and last night is the type of basketball I want to see on the raps.

Comment

As mentioned by others, the technicals were a result of previous reaches and pushes as he attempted to drive. YOu could see the frustration building. The first T, OK, I can live with it but he second was so stupid and selfish - even if he was talking to the bench, you shut up in this new era of officiating when they say, "Enough."

Comment

I don't know why Kleiza was so mad - he does that shitty hop step and gets called for travelling at least once a game. And it's obvious that it's travelling. You'd think he would have remedied it by now

Comment

Yeah, I've watched that replay pretty closely a fair amount, and it was a clear travel and it does take place on a regular basis. I get pretty frustrated with him sometimes because, it's true, he does travel in almost the identical way nearly every time I see a game. I'd be curious to know how many games he's been called for a travel this season. I know it's tough to readjust after the FIBA allowances and other allowances in foreign professional leagues, but should it take 30 games?

I enjoy when he performs, but this is exactly how he tries to do too much -- flashy offensive drives destined to fail because they are violations when they don't lead to turnovers.
                    It's about money

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      Davis played well, but stats are not the only thing that matter, offensive cohesion and defensive rotations are important as well. Also, Amir may have seized up if he sat and cooled off, it may have been better for him to stay warm and play all those minutes.
                      Yeah, right! During his time on the floor, we were killing it offensively and defensively.
                      It's about money

Comment

I think you're giving him the benefit of the doubt a bit too much here -- he traveled and reacted.
                        It's about money

Comment

Gusser wrote: View Post
                          and I think he was out of position on a number of defensive plays in a row.

Awesome game.
                          Sure, he may have been out of rotation on a couple (as most rookies, and almost all of our veterans are on a regular basis), but definitely not multiple plays in a row, unless that led to weak side blocks or steals on gambles. If that's the case, you complain about those when they don't work out in your favour.

When players are out of position, they don't generally grab that many boards, and, certainly, not on the offensive end that quickly.
                          It's about money

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                            Sure, he may have been out of rotation on a couple (as most rookies, and almost all of our veterans are on a regular basis), but definitely not multiple plays in a row, unless that led to weak side blocks or steals on gambles. If that's the case, you complain about those when they don't work out in your favour.

When players are out of position, they don't generally grab that many boards, and, certainly, not on the offensive end that quickly.
                            1. He was out of position several posessions in a row. It's just a fact.
                            2. As a coach, I don't look at the outcome, I look at the process. I don't care if the outcome was good, I want good fundamentals.
                            3. I don't complain, I explain.
                            4. I can't explain while he is on the floor.

I am not an NBA coach obviously, so I wouldn't know how to deal w/ veterans who are out of position (Bargnani). However, when a rook does it over and over, I would guess that you sit him and let the ass't explain the process to him, then let him go back.

Comment

Tbh I don't remember him being out of position during that game, maybe once or twice. Davis and wright changed many shots during that game, seriously they held Dallas to under 100 pts and beat Dallas at home for the first time in a decade +

Comment

Working...
                              X