No announcement yet.

So What Happens When Calderon Returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Happens When Calderon Returns?

Do you guys think this a fair assessment from Paul Jones? I really hope that Jay doesn't plug Jose back in the starting five because obvious reasons say so. Right now, I'd go with the old motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I hope Triano does this too.

That being said, Calderon should not come back until he is 100 per cent healthy as the team seems to have found a nice rhythm of late.

It says here that if the team is still going well, Calderon should come off the bench and work his way slowly back into the lineup facing some second unit players the same way Ford did a couple of seasons ago.

He might not like it, but in the end, it’s who finishes the game, not who starts and with Triano currently playing four starters (Bosh, Bargnani, Turkoglu and Jack) during crunch time in the fourth quarter with a rotating wild card player, that might just turn out to be Calderon’s spot when he is fully recovered.
    Source - Click here

Here's an interesting perspective from another Raptors blogger: (T.Jose Caldesports)

I'm speaking of Jose Calderon. Toronto's improved play has led to many people saying Jarrett Jack should continue to start at point guard even when Calderon returns. Here is my response to this suggestion:

No.

Consider: During this 8-4 stretch, the Raptors have played four teams with a winning record. They are 1-3 against those teams. The three losses were by a combined 61 points. In those 4 games against quality competition, Jack averaged 12 points and 4 assists per game, and was a combined -14.
    Source - Click here

Comment

gotta leave my boy jarrett jack in the starting lineup .. i like the way the raptors are playing with him running the show.. Jose can come off the bench ...
      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Jose's going to come back and not be entirely in game-shape thanks to being out for so long. He comes off the bench until he shows he can out-do Jack in the starting lineup. That's the way I see it. Jose is professional enough to not bicker about it like Ford.

Comment

IMO Jack fits the current starting role much better than calderon and as we have seen he plays better with Turk than Calderon. This doesn't mean Jack is the better PG its just that he brings something different to this starting line-up and doesn't dominate the ball as much as Jose.

Comment

After a long layoff due to injury - Triano has to consider bringing Jose back slowly until he gets into game shape. Then it will get interesting.
            The only scary thought is Triano will start playing Calderon and Jack together again!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I would say that when Jose comes back he has to be eased into the starting line-up. Jose will definatly start he just has to take sometime to get better
              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                The only scary thought is Triano will start playing Calderon and Jack together again!
                He will do it again, you can book it. If Triano hadn't seen that this wasn't working prior to Calderon injury then nothing can change that.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  He will do it again, you can book it. If Triano hadn't seen that this wasn't working prior to Calderon injury then nothing can change that.
                  Oh Dear God, I almost forgot that combo. We might as well use Banks in the mix if you want to avoid that matchup travesty as much as possible.

Comment

Start Calderon or trade Calderon. No third option.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

I think Calderon should come off the bench at first and work his way back slowly over the first few games. As soon as he starts showing he's ready to contribute something more than Jack can then he should be slotted back into the starting five.

Comment

Working...
                      X