No announcement yet.

JaVale McGee in Red and White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider taking on Rashard Lewis' contract comparable to giving up a lot.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      I consider taking on Rashard Lewis' contract comparable to giving up a lot.
      Peja and Reggie for McGee and Lewis works, however, is it really worth giving up financial flexibility for MeGee? We already went down this road when we traded for Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall years back. With McGee coming in, who loses minutes? Bargnani? Davis? Johnson? draft selection (should it be Kanter/Sullinger/Motiejunas/Valanciunas/Tompkins/Derrick Williams). Seems like a tough call to make. Personally, I wouldn't take on Lewis' contract. MLSE probably wouldn't approve it either, especially with the new CBA looming.

Comment

Thing about the new CBA is that, if there's a lockout, you don't pay Lewis' contract. Say there is a lockout...then the Raps go into the season afterwards with a 10m (amount of his contract that is guaranteed) expiring contract.

I'd move Amir Johnson instead of Reggie Evans. Then the frontcourt rotation would be Davis/Bargs/Mcgee, with McGee coming off the bench for Davis, so Bargs and McGee can play together. Use the draft pick for a PG or SF.

Yes you lose flexibility, but it's not like Free Agents are lining up to come to TO. The Raps would be better served to focus on the draft and trades rather than their cap space to build. In the above scenario, the lineup would look something like this.

Calderon/Bayless
        DeRozan/Barbosa
        Lewis/Wright
        Davis/Kleiza
        Bargnani/McGee

+this year's lottery pick. Say this pick is used on a PG...Calderon then becomes easier to move as you don't really need to look for much in return. With the way Calderon has been playing I doubt it would be as difficult to move him as it was this past offseason. If you can move Calderon for cap relief, then your investment in Lewis is much less intense. Plus Barbosa expires next season.

Comment

Shy Guy Ebook

Shy Guy Ebook
          Apart from his talent McGee has a high motor and brings it every time I have seen him. The Wiz wont give him away and he would be sought after I think. A lottery pick at least. Is there a big man like him in the upcoming draft? I know we need a pg but there are possibly 2 only in the lottery picks. But we also need a big in the paint like him or Chandler...and McGee has a higher ceiling. I would give up our first.

Comment

bordas wrote: View Post
            Shy Guy Ebook
            Apart from his talent McGee has a high motor and brings it every time I have seen him. The Wiz wont give him away and he would be sought after I think. A lottery pick at least. Is there a big man like him in the upcoming draft? I know we need a pg but there are possibly 2 only in the lottery picks. But we also need a big in the paint like him or Chandler...and McGee has a higher ceiling. I would give up our first.
            If we can`t get Perry Jones, Irving, Harrison Barnes etc. then I agree. But they all change the game more than Mcgee ever could... I think.

Comment

Working...
            X