Demar Derozan's future outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Derozan's future outlook

At the beginning of last season i was really hyped up about Derozan and how he would do his rookie year. This was without any knowledge that he was (at the time) 20 years old and only had 1 year of college ball. Throughout the whole 2009-2010 season i was beyond frustrated at Demar, along with a lot of others. I expected him to average 15 points a game and be one of the leaders of the raptors. This obviously didn't happen, i thought he was just another high flyer who just wanted to dunk. Then i saw the documentary after the season called one rookie i watched and was really excited for the future of this young man. I discovered that he is very humble and very hard working. He started this season off well averaging around 13 ppg and 3 rpg with almost 2 assists. I think if he continues to improve his shot and continue to become consistent he can become a 18-22 point per night man. What do you think?

This is probably the 100th time I'm saying this but if he puts in the work then the sky is the limit. If he puts on about 10 pounds of muscle, continues working on his range and ball handling, he could be a dangerous player. Eventually I want to see him play as our SF, so he needs to develop a solid post game too. Kid is still very young, and the times I've watched him play this year I was impressed. Still going to have some bad games though. We'll see what he's made of by the time he's 22 or 23.

Comment

He would be a beast if he improved his jump shot

Comment

I agree with all of you. I still have faith in DD. He has been frustrating this year because of his inconsistency. But if anything comes of this year, and there are a lot of games left, is the development of DD and the other young players. On another positive note, I think Colangelo is on a roll, and we will see some more good pieces come this way.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

DD = the next Fred Jones

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
            DD = the next Fred Jones
            black angus = a big 8===D

ur doing nothing but trying to start problems.....

Comment

Sorry far pretty disappointed. Basically the same player as last year with more minutes. I'm no where close to giving up on him though. Next season is when the pressure will really be on him.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I've seen highlights, but never seen him play in person. Rivals.com has him rated 2nd best high school player in the country, so in his mind, he's probably a "1 and done" for Tim Floyd's USC Trojans

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                  Sorry far pretty disappointed. Basically the same player as last year with more minutes. I'm no where close to giving up on him though. Next season is when the pressure will really be on him.
                  thats good that you wont give up on him, he is pretty disappointing this year considering no hedo, no bosh and currently no andrea and he's only averaging 13?

Comment

Alex Boby wrote: View Post
                    I've seen highlights, but never seen him play in person. Rivals.com has him rated 2nd best high school player in the country, so in his mind, he's probably a "1 and done" for Tim Floyd's USC Trojans
                    Dude, what's with your posts? You don't make sense.

Comment

Well, he dropped 37 tonight against the Rockets so that shows some potential.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        black angus = a big 8===D

ur doing nothing but trying to start problems.....
                        Not really - just giving my opinion. He will have the odd game where he goes for 30 plus, but will never be an all-star. All he has going for him is above average athleticism - does not take care of the ball, is a poor passer, is a bad defender, does not appear to understand team defense, and appears soft. At best he will become a Isaiah Rider... but my predicition is more of a Fred Jones - a great athlete that never reached his potential (or the potential the fans thought he had).

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                          Not really - just giving my opinion. He will have the odd game where he goes for 30 plus, but will never be an all-star. All he has going for him is above average athleticism - does not take care of the ball, is a poor passer, is a bad defender, does not appear to understand team defense, and appears soft. At best he will become a Isaiah Rider... but my predicition is more of a Fred Jones - a great athlete that never reached his potential (or the potential the fans thought he had).
                          I dont think he'll be like Fred Jones, but i do agree with you with Isaiah Rider, a 15 point a night player, the only difference is that Isaiah was a terrible person and had attitude problems, Demar's really humble and hard working (if you watched that video at the end of last season). Which, in my opinion will account for at least 3 more points than Isaiah

Comment

Lets compare DeRozan to a top five #2 guard in the NBA who is about his age and has one more season of NBA experience and has a gold medal - Eric Gordon.

1. DeRozan is taller
                            2. Gordon is stronger
                            3. Gordon is a vastly superior defender
                            4. Gordon is a vastly better shooter - He started slowly this season in his three point shooting but has picked it up as of late and it wouldn't surprise me if he finished at over 40% for 10-11.
                            5. Gordon is a far better passer

Gordon's Roland Rating, which takes into account defense is +7.1 which is the highest on the Clippers, even higher than Blake.

DeRozan's Roland Rating is -7.9 (B4 last night)

DeRozan has the potential to become a top #5 NBA #2 guard if he can significantly improve his long range jump shot and defense.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Lets compare DeRozan to a top five #2 guard in the NBA who is about his age and has one more season of NBA experience and has a gold medal - Eric Gordon.

1. DeRozan is taller
                              2. Gordon is stronger
                              3. Gordon is a vastly superior defender
                              4. Gordon is a vastly better shooter - He started slowly this season in his three point shooting but has picked it up as of late and it wouldn't surprise me if he finished at over 40% for 10-11.
                              5. Gordon is a far better passer

Gordon's Roland Rating, which takes into account defense is +7.1 which is the highest on the Clippers, even higher than Blake.

DeRozan's Roland Rating is -7.9 (B4 last night)

DeRozan has the potential to become a top #5 NBA #2 guard if he can significantly improve his long range jump shot and defense.
                              All valid points. Gordon is sick, wicked and nasty.
                              However, I think you give too little recognition to the fact that Gordon is about a year a older, and has an extra year in the league. That jump from second year player to third player is huuge. Especially if Demar can finish the season strong (15-16 ppg) and with confidence, then next year who knows what he can do. He's ONLY 21 years old.

Not to mention the number of touches each gets. Demar has shown that when he actually is agressive and takes shots, and drives the ball, and misses shots even, that he can score points. Lots of them.
                              Gordon is given that many shots and that many chances every night. Demar just simly isn't getting those shots every night. Whether its him not taking them, or him not getting them from Triano or whatever, that is probably the biggest difference between the two.

Both have effective means to score the basketball.
                              Gordon is an All-Star. Or should be anyway.
                              Perhaps next year at this time, Demar will be as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X