Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

That was an interesting read.

So who would be on a list of these so-called pure scorers that are so scarce nowadays but used to be seen quite frequently? Kiki Vandeweghe would qualify perhaps. Kelly Tripucka? Bernard King? Purvis Short maybe?
    Last edited by Beagle; Mon Jan 10, 2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Good article. Some of this I've been mentioning a lot lately. Prime example is the constant bombardment towards DeRozan because he doesn't/can't shoot threes. I think it's great personally. Slashers are rare in league. I say he should keep working on improving that and not detract from his current highly useful game by becoming just another jump shooter looking for the easy way out.

Comment

it's like anything else in sports. People who give their "professional" opinion can say what they want. I like what Charles Barkley always says "i'm not a professional, only God is a professional." This guy can say what he wants but in 15 years people could think of DeMar as one of the greatest or they could see him as a nice role players or he could even become that injured guy who never lived up to his potential. We have no idea what will happen. I'm just glad to see that there have been improvements.

Comment

Sooo He's not Vince on Toronto or T-Mac on Houston

He's Kevin Martin on Sacramento.

- Great :
          What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

I think his current career path has him on course for a more defensive Corey Magette. That's excellent if he can play within the confines of the team concept... Something Maggette never could do.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
              Sooo He's not Vince on Toronto or T-Mac on Houston

He's Kevin Martin on Sacramento.

- Great :
              Kevin Martin has always been a very capable shooter. So not even that.

I'd maybe put Demar up there with maybe a Corey Magette, for now. I think Demar has much more of an up-side, but I think their games are very similar.
              Corey has spent his entire career at the free-throw line and has made some solid coin doing it; and scored more then a few points too. He was a solid defender, and ran the wing on breaks to perfection. Now obviously I would like for Demars team to be more successful then Corey's were back in the day, but I'm pretty sure Magette was an All-Star and did it without shooting many 3's at all.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I think his current career path has him on course for a more defensive Corey Magette. That's excellent if he can play within the confines of the team concept... Something Maggette never could do.
                whoa... sorry Apollo, didn't even read that. hahaha

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I think people, myself included, were getting impatient as there was no real sign of growth or improvement. Luckily for Raptors fans he is finally shown progression. He is still raw but at least for the time being hopefully people will get off his back. He needs a jump shot.

As long as the Raptors are going with DD and Bargnani in the starting line up they need a SF who can hit the 3, play D, and rebound above average for his position - that sounds like a role Jeff Green would excel at (and people I know he plays PF for OKC but he is a natural SF). Unfortunately the chances of getting Jeff Green are somewhere between slim and none.
                  You certainly are a thinker my friend. I've long hoped that OKC would get stupid and realize they can't afford him and ship him out for a package. Not sure which thread I mentioned Jeff Green in, but I'm pretty sure my words were 'Any means necessary. He would complete us in so many ways.' And just as you've stated, he really could fill in alot of missing pieces.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Kevin Martin has always been a very capable shooter. So not even that.

I'd maybe put Demar up there with maybe a Corey Magette, for now. I think Demar has much more of an up-side, but I think their games are very similar.
                    Corey has spent his entire career at the free-throw line and has made some solid coin doing it; and scored more then a few points too. He was a solid defender, and ran the wing on breaks to perfection. Now obviously I would like for Demars team to be more successful then Corey's were back in the day, but I'm pretty sure Magette was an All-Star and did it without shooting many 3's at all.
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    whoa... sorry Apollo, didn't even read that. hahaha
                    Looks like we're on the same page.

Comment

The last two weeks...

22.7 ppg, 52% fg, 84% ft, 3.6 reb, 2.1 ast, 3.0 to, 1.0 stl, 0.9 blk, 3.1 pf

Comment

Vince Carter, who? :P

Comment

You certainly are a thinker my friend. I've long hoped that OKC would get stupid and realize they can't afford him and ship him out for a package. Not sure which thread I mentioned Jeff Green in, but I'm pretty sure my words were 'Any means necessary. He would complete us in so many ways.' And just as you've stated, he really could fill in alot of missing pieces.
                          Look at older posts in the trade forum. I've been begging for Jeff Green for a long time.

Comment

While watching the Lakers game tonight, I was thinking... Oh ya.. Shannon Brown used to be a SHITE 3pt shooter, and then pretty much only this year did he suddenly turn into a very reliable one ... It is possible to add dimensions to one's game after all; with a lot of hard work of course, which I, and many seem, to think Demar is not one to shy away from.

Comment

Look at the last 5 game. Expand to 82. Draw your conclusion.

Bargs
                              Demar

My own is that we need a defensive SF (like Ariza) and a good C that take board and protect the paint and then we will have a Playoff season for sure.

What do you think?
                              Last edited by teoserio; Wed Jan 12, 2011, 11:05 AM.
                              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

teoserio wrote: View Post
                                My own is that we need a defensive SF (like Ariza) and a good C that take board and protect the paint and then we will have a Playoff season for sure.

What do you think?
                                i think that's exactly what we ALL want on the team. Unfortunately, defensive SFs and good natural Cs are an endangered species these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X