Raps "Second" youngest team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps "Second" youngest team.

Matt and Jack were discussing during the game, how as the roster stands, the Raptors have the 8th youngest team in the league.
    However; if you take out Peja and Reggie, both of whom aren't playing, (and also both of whom are on Expiring deals) then the Raptors are the SECOND youngest team in the league.
    I've always thought we had to be up there, but this just proves it.
    Let's just hope it turns into something positive.
    And at this point, are we 'young' enough? Is it now time to just start developing the young talent we have and looking for solid vets to chip in?
    Or do get younger and younger? Which is what seems to be pitched around these parts.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 9, 2011, 04:51 PM.

I tihnk we asses the young talent this year and next year possibly add the more add the final touches, good calln being the 2nd youngest team tough, Id rather be a raptor then a F'ckn cavalier! lol

Comment

Sad to be a Cavs...when their team was 1st in the conference than dead last...but at least they have many playoffs then us in the last 6-7 years >_<

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
        Sad to be a Cavs...when their team was 1st in the conference than dead last...but at least they have many playoffs then us in the last 6-7 years >_<
        They Say the past is History, the future is a Mystery but today is a gift, thats why its called the present.
        I bet Cleveland fans wish they could regift this present for something else
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
          They Say the past is History, the future is a Mystery but today is a gift, thats why its called the present.
          I bet Cleveland fans wish they could regift this present for something else
          hahaha Very deep and philisophical look at a Cleveland team doomed to be the exact same as they were before he came along. Shit.

But this post is not about how glad we are we don't live in Cleveland. Though that wouldn't be a bad one for someone to start.......

I think on a scale of 1 to 10, in terms of outlook we have to be a 9 or 10. Not forgetting about the pieces we have, I say the Raptors Organization and Fanbase should be very excited for the future. Bryan Colangelo has done a commendable job getting pieces and setting us on the right course. He's taken some odd moves to get us here, but he has.
          Now what he does with those pieces is a new Chapter.
          But a 'Youth Movement' has to be deemed successful once you are in talks to be the youngest team in the league, and still not the worst team in terms of output on the court.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            hahaha Very deep and philisophical look at a Cleveland team doomed to be the exact same as they were before he came along. Shit.

But this post is not about how glad we are we don't live in Cleveland. Though that wouldn't be a bad one for someone to start.......

I think on a scale of 1 to 10, in terms of outlook we have to be a 9 or 10. Not forgetting about the pieces we have, I say the Raptors Organization and Fanbase should be very excited for the future. Bryan Colangelo has done a commendable job getting pieces and setting us on the right course. He's taken some odd moves to get us here, but he has.
            But a 'Youth Movement' has to be deemed successful once you are in talks to be the youngest team in the league, and still not the worst team in terms of output on the court.
            In terms of outlook, I put us at 7 out of 10. There is a lot to look forward to but, IMO, what BC does between now and the trade deadline and at the draft is going to shape this team for seasons to come. The TPE, cap space, multiple 1st round picks one of which will be high, and expiring contracts are all great to have but he has to do something with it all. I'm waiting to see how it plays out but I am optimistic.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              In terms of outlook, I put us at 7 out of 10. There is a lot to look forward to but, IMO, what BC does between now and the trade deadline and at the draft is going to shape this team for seasons to come. The TPE, cap space, multiple 1st round picks one of which will be high, and expiring contracts are all great to have but he has to do something with it all. I'm waiting to see how it plays out but I am optimistic.
              Which is fair. However I think Bryan Colangelo has shown an above average 'knack' for getting a deal done when he wants it. I think it'll turn out just fine.
              But yes, you are right. It could also... not. haha

Comment

But the question is should Colangalo, who has a history of going for home runs, swing for the fences or hit a line drive for the single and try to steal 2nd.

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

But the question is should Colangalo, who has a history of going for home runs, swing for the fences or hit a line drive for the single and try to steal 2nd.
                  Swing for the fences. He's had a couple of homeruns snagged over the fence by the outfield. He is due. LOL

I wanted to keep the analogy going. In all seriousness, it would depend on the deal. Personally, the single and steal sounds better. Young players on manageable contracts, draft picks, or a player (like Devin Harris) that is easily traded to net manageable contracts and draft picks.

Comment

Solid analogy, but I think some expansion on it would be nice. haha

You are implying NOT going after an All-Star type player with our pieces, but maybe more looking for a ... Joel Pryzbilla and Nik Batum as our solution? Not a bad idea. I like your thinking.
                    (I know JP is injured. But still. I like him.)
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jan 9, 2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Nah. Sorry to bust your bubble(still drinking the BC Koolaid, Huh?), in terms of outlook, we are a 5 or 6 out of 10. We still need a franchise wing and franchise center. We do not have that now. In terms of outlook at the 9 or 10 rating you gave to the Raptors, the Clippers(franchise big man in Blake Griffin, good shot-blocking and defensive center in DeAndre Jordan and a franchise wing in Eric Gordon, consider the good teaching coach in Vinny Del Negro) or the Kings(franchise center in Demarcus Cousins and franchise wing or guard in Tyreke Evans and get a likely Top 5 pick in the 2011 draft for a franchise wing in Perry Jones or Terrence Jones) are simply better.

However, we could notch a point up to 7 out of 10 if we draft well in getting a very good SF(Terrence Jones, Perry Jones in the Top 5; Jordan Hamilton, Tyler Honeycutt outside the Top 5) and get a good teaching coach.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                        Nah. Sorry to bust your bubble(still drinking the BC Koolaid, Huh?), in terms of outlook, we are a 5 or 6 out of 10. We still need a franchise wing and franchise center. We do not have that now. In terms of outlook at the 9 or 10 rating you gave to the Raptors, the Clippers(franchise big man in Blake Griffin, good shot-blocking and defensive center in DeAndre Jordan and a franchise wing in Eric Gordon, consider the good teaching coach in Vinny Del Negro) or the Kings(franchise center in Demarcus Cousins and franchise wing or guard in Tyreke Evans and get a likely Top 5 pick in the 2011 draft for a franchise wing in Perry Jones or Terrence Jones) are simply better.

However, we could notch a point up to 7 out of 10 if we draft well in getting a very good SF(Terrence Jones, Perry Jones in the Top 5; Jordan Hamilton, Tyler Honeycutt outside the Top 5) and get a good teaching coach.
                        Ok, so you're not a fan of Demar and Andrea... clearly.
                        I, and probably a few others, might disagree with you.
                        If Demar were given the same amount of shots as Gordon/Evans were every night, it'd probably be a wash. Not to mention Evans has missed quite a few more games as Demar has ALREADY in their young careers.
                        And I find it interesting that you classify Cousins as a 'Franchise Center' and but don't include Andrea in there... fascinating.
                        Whatever. Suppose the 'grass is always greener'; for some.

You're honestly trying to tell me you'd rather be a Kings fan right now? Amazing.
                        I'd rather drink the 'BC Koolaid', than 'Hatorade.' :P

Comment

I see toronto like how Seattle was the year before Durant, or Chicago the year before Rose.

Comment

Ok, so you're not a fan of Demar and Andrea... clearly.
                            I, and probably a few others, might disagree with you.
                            If Demar were given the same amount of shots as Gordon/Evans were every night, it'd probably be a wash. Not to mention Evans has missed quite a few more games as Demar has ALREADY in their young careers.
                            And I find it interesting that you classify Cousins as a 'Franchise Center' and but don't include Andrea in there... fascinating.
                            Whatever. Suppose the 'grass is always greener'; for some.

You're honestly trying to tell me you'd rather be a Kings fan right now? Amazing.
                            I'd rather drink the 'BC Koolaid', than 'Hatorade.' :P
                            Andrea as a franchise center - that is laughable to all things basketball.lmao. I know you are an Andrea fan but he is at best a 6th man off the bench(if he is still here by the time, we are a playoff contender. We are still far, far away from a franchise center in my eyes as a realistic fan with no rose-colored glases or drinking BC`s koolaid(which by now is bitter, eww).

Consequently, Cousins is a franchise center because he rebounds, blocks shots, and defends(he might be immature, but the mature version will be real scary, looking at the body of work, he has put in already).

Comment

I see toronto like how Seattle was the year before Durant, or Chicago the year before Rose.
                              but not with the superstar draft pick(we will likely be out of the Top 5) a la OKC or Chicago.lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X