Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PEJA - January 20 - mark it on your calendar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The Clips would probably take that deal and run. Saving 10 mil + (from Sterling's POV), yes please!
    So, if it's such a good trade for the Clips, then I don't think it's unreasonable to try and pry a pick or two out of them, and if the Raps could do that, how do you like the trade for them?

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
      Of course Stefanski has said that; he's got to keep up public apperances and keep his bargining power strong. And it's not like they're strictly trading him for salary relief, like I said, there's got to be some picks handed their way. I don't know how we can include Brand in this; where's he going, who's taking on that salary, and how are the salaries going to match up? Dallas doesn't have the assets to give up, (they're loath to give up Ricky B as is), and we don't want/need Brand. It would have to be some kind of very convaluted 4 team trade to include Brand.
      If we'd end up with Brand, it can turn out to be 2 seperate trades - Peja for Brand and Iguodala for the TPE. However, that would run any financial flexibility going forward. I wouldn't mess that up just for Iguodala. He's not worth it.
      On second thought, I don't think I want any real part of Iguodala. Does he make that much of an impact? He's be getting paid an awful lot of money.

Comment

So, if it's such a good trade for the Clips, then I don't think it's unreasonable to try and pry a pick or two out of them, and if the Raps could do that, how do you like the trade for them?
        It's a good trade for the Clips because it's a cost effective move. However, with that being said, there's a huge talent level gap between the 2 players. That's why it would be tough to snag a pick out of them. If there was a pick secured by us, at best, it would be lotto-protected pick or a 2nd rounder.

Comment

If we'd end up with Brand, it can turn out to be 2 seperate trades - Peja for Brand and Iguodala for the TPE. However, that would run any financial flexibility going forward. I wouldn't mess that up just for Iguodala. He's not worth it.
          On second thought, I don't think I want any real part of Iguodala. Does he make that much of an impact? He's be getting paid an awful lot of money.
          I believe the original trade I proposed involved Iggy going to Dallas; they're the ones that need to replace Butler for their playoff run. I don't want anything to do with Iggy in TOR, and never have.

Comment

Here's one where one of the league's most cash-strapped owners (MJ) decides to shed salary, and the raps re-vamp their starting lineup, although they would be hindering themselves post-CBA. Char would require draft picks from both Dal and Tor, I would imagine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5t263h2
            This one I can't see happening because Jackson and Wallace have both been playing better since Silas' arrival. Charlotte has been crap for so long, I don't think they want to go through more lottery years for years on end.
            Also, I don't think Wallace would report if he were traded here.

Comment

It's a good trade for the Clips because it's a cost effective move. However, with that being said, there's a huge talent level gap between the 2 players. That's why it would be tough to snag a pick out of them. If there was a pick secured by us, at best, it would be lotto-protected pick or a 2nd rounder.
              I think the way the league works, because it's strictly a salary dump by the Clips, is that, for Toronto to facilitate such a saving for a team, that team usually has to make it worth our while. Besides, in my mind, the future of the raps involves getting as many future picks as possible, regardless of where they are. 2nd rounders are great, cause you can use them on Euros, and keep them stashed over in Europe to develop.

Comment

Salary dump for GS.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4f6pdxy

Comment

This one I can't see happening because Jackson and Wallace have both been playing better since Silas' arrival. Charlotte has been crap for so long, I don't think they want to go through more lottery years for years on end.
                  Also, I don't think Wallace would report if he were traded here.
                  Most teams have a short-lived improvement when a coach is replaced, and Silas will not be the coach next year. Even is CHA does make the playoffs, they will be dismantled by whoever is the first/second seed. Jordan may be an NBA owner, but he does not have the wealth to run a franchise that underperforms year after year, with long-term contracts eating up payroll. At some point he's going to have to make the decision to try and win the lottery. Only with a superstar on that team will basketball in Charlotte suceed.
                  And if we're worried about Crash not reporting, lets adjust the trade to send him elsewhere.

Comment

Here's one where the league's cheapest owner (Sterling) decides to shed some salary, and the raps decide to screw up their cap flexibility post-CBA by taking on salary. There'd probably have to be some tinkering with this, like adding Alabi, or some draft picks going one way or the other; honestly, I can't even tell whats fair any more, the Trade Machine has turned me into some kind of junkie, and I can't think straight.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=45j62df
                    I would love to get DeAndre Jordan on our team, or even Chris Kaman for that matter. But proposing a trade where we send an expiring contract SF, for a teams two best Center options. That would leave the Clippers with only Jason Collins and Ike Diogu (PF who they play at Center) to be up front. I can't see them doing that.

I would suggest something similar though.

Peja for Kaman and some incentive. Clippers have two options that they could send our way to suppliment the deal: Aminu or Minnesota's 2011 First Round Pick (top 10 protected, unprotected in 2012). I would prefer the pick as it would most likely be a high lottery 2012 pick.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

DAL/TOR/CHA trade adjusted on the premise that Crash would not report to TOR. Welcome, HOU!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4e93yje

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        I would love to get DeAndre Jordan on our team, or even Chris Kaman for that matter. But proposing a trade where we send an expiring contract SF, for a teams two best Center options. That would leave the Clippers with only Jason Collins and Ike Diogu (PF who they play at Center) to be up front. I can't see them doing that.

I would suggest something similar though.

Peja for Kaman and some incentive. Clippers have two options that they could send our way to suppliment the deal: Aminu or Minnesota's 2011 First Round Pick (top 10 protected, unprotected in 2012). I would prefer the pick as it would most likely be a high lottery 2012 pick.
                        I like your ideas, try running them through the Trade Machine though, so we've got something to look at.
                        As far as the C position for the Clips, I did mention including Alabi to help with their depth. We also have to remember that they have a SUPERSTAR 4 who defends/rebounds like a 5.
                        There is NO WAY that they're trading Aminu, so, like I've proposed, lets try to get a pick or two out of them as well.

Comment

This one is a reach; I don't know why CLE would do this, but I also can't figure out which other team in the league is in the market for this player, or has the assets to aquire him. We'd probably have to include a pick to make it work, but I think this might be the trade to vault us into the playoffs. This year.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4f3tvqk

Comment

I like your ideas, try running them through the Trade Machine though, so we've got something to look at.
                            As far as the C position for the Clips, I did mention including Alabi to help with their depth. We also have to remember that they have a SUPERSTAR 4 who defends/rebounds like a 5.
                            There is NO WAY that they're trading Aminu, so, like I've proposed, lets try to get a pick or two out of them as well.
                            The only reason this trade does not work is due to the fact that Peja can't be moved with another player until Jan. 20th. But outside of that it would work: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5uqx6n6

We absorb the final year of Chris Kaman (along with hsi 15% trade kicker) and the final year of Randy Foye (useless). In exchange we send the Clippers Peja's big expiring contract (saves them money to resign Deandre Jordan) and Sonny Weems (fairly inexpensive but athletic SG to back-up Eric Gordon).

In exchange for saving the Clippers $16mil for next season, they send us Minnesota's 2011 First Round Pick (top 10 protected, unprotected 2012). Worst case scenario we have chew up some salary space for an injured Center (he should be back soon) and also get a top pick in the process. Best case scenario, Kaman comes back healthy and adds to our team, and we get a top pick as well.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Here's one that won't work until Feb 18th (2 days b4 the deadline), and keep in mind that it is going to require the Suns to come to the realization that they need to re-tool. It will obviously require the raps to include (probably) multiple draft picks, and then a seperate trade of Jose somewhere else. Pipe dream, but would do great things to our starting 5.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=46f6uv4
                              I like your thinking but I think PHI would say, "Screw Tdot. We'll do that deal straight up."

Comment

Here's one that gets the Raps involved in the Melo Drama. No players returning, but maybe by facilitating the trade, we can get a 1st rounder from Jersey, and a 2nd rounder from Det?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4chylqf
                                It adds another $7M for DEN which means $14M when luxury tax is included.

Comment

Working...
                                X