Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    They need to trade something.
    All their picks? Plus expirings. And Aminu is 'expendable' and so is Jordan. Aminu is a great prospect, Denver would welcome him warmly. Also other teams should be involved. Anyways, I think that as long as Gordon, Bledsoe and Griffin stay Melo should still want to go to LA

Comment

Too quiet office means we're ready to make a splash? I call shenanigans.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
        All their picks? Plus expirings. And Aminu is 'expendable' and so is Jordan. Aminu is a great prospect, Denver would welcome him warmly. Also other teams should be involved. Anyways, I think that as long as Gordon, Bledsoe and Griffin stay Melo should still want to go to LA
        They want lots of picks and very good young players. Just saying that it probably wouldn't be "Bledsoe, Gordon, Anthony, Griffin, Jordan". It would be more like Bledsoe, Anthony and Griffin.

Comment

They want lots of picks and very good young players. Just saying that it probably wouldn't be "Bledsoe, Gordon, Anthony, Griffin, Jordan". It would be more like Bledsoe, Anthony and Griffin.
          I think the Clippers would prefer Gordon, Melo and Griffin

Comment

keep in mind the clips have the twolves unprotected first rounder which is going to end up a top 3 pick or so. im nowhere near as high on aminu as the rest of you apparently are, but if you package that pick, their pick, aminu and someone like kaman that's a pretty good haul for a guy that's leaving anyways.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              I think the Clippers would prefer Gordon, Melo and Griffin
              The Nuggets don't need another PG and the Clippers are competing with other teams. Gordon would have to go.

Comment

See The Link

The Melo Deal Will Happen Next Week

Comment

Can't wait. Though to be fair, I think they said that last weekend as well. :S hahah

Comment

LOL, yeah they said it could happen last week. Now they're saying it will happen next week. If it doesn't happen then I'm going to stop caring.

I'm not sure the Billups and Rip are enough to convince Melo to stay in jersey though. For one Rip is on his last leg. For two Billups doesn't want to leave Denver.

Comment

LOL, yeah they said it could happen last week. Now they're saying it will happen next week. If it doesn't happen then I'm going to stop caring.

I'm not sure the Billups and Rip are enough to convince Melo to stay in jersey though. For one Rip is on his last leg. For two Billups doesn't want to leave Denver.
                      I know Melo feels bad that Billups has been brought into this and might be a small reason why he has been dragging his heels on the deal. It'll be interesting to see what Billups does. Because if he fails to report and is bought out, New Jersey's plan B becomes Jordan Farmar. Not exactly enticing.

Comment

I would be shocked if the Raptors don't make a move, saying they will make a move is redundant and should be dismissed unless specific players or teams are being mentioned.

Comment

Alex Kennedy is having his chat at HoopsWorld.com. These two questions were there:

"John in Cleveland,OH:
                          Any truth to the Gerald Wallace and a pick for the Cavs TPE? If it happened does it really help the Cavs?
                          Alex Kennedy:
                          Yes, there is truth to it. The Cavaliers are trying very hard to turn that traded player exception into a star player. Charlotte isn't the only team they've talked to, but they're the most willing to part with talent for the chance to get out of a contract. The move would certainly help the Cavaliers and generate some interest, but I don't think it puts them back in the playoff discussion because they've dug a deep hole for themselves.

Bryan in Toronto:
                          Alex: That was a big teaser regarding the Raps yesterday that they MAY be active. Do you know of or heard of any specifics? What do you think a guy like Peja can bring back to the Raps?
                          Alex Kennedy:
                          Peja can bring back something, but the key is their TPE. It's hard to tell what exactly they'll bring back because, like I said, too many teams are caught up in this Carmelo Anthony drama. With that said, the fact that Cleveland's TPE may yield Gerald Wallace should excite fans in Toronto because it shows that there are teams willing to part with stars for the chance to get out from their contracts. Once the deadline approaches, we'll have a better idea of who the Raptors are targetting, but they're definitely in good shape."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?s...#ixzz1B2sg3Bpj

If CHA will part with Wallace for only TPE and possibly give up a lottery protected draft pick, if I'm BC I'm on the phone offering to take him for TPE. If BC feels like busting MJ's balls a little he could ask for a second round pick.

*EDIT* NIce to see someone thinking like me!

"Bryan Colangelo in tdot:
                          Hello Mr.Jordan, how do u feel about acquiring our TPE for G.Wallace? We won't ask for a pick, we're not like those Cavaliers.
                          Alex Kennedy:
                          Thanks for all of the questions! That's my time for today, but drop me your question on Twitter or in an e-mail if I missed you. Also, check out my article on Drew Goudelock which just dropped a half hour ago.

That's exactly what the Raptors need to do. Cleveland is their biggest competition and they'll be going after many of the same players. What it comes down to is who will take the most contracts back with Wallace or who offer more to sweeten the deal."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?s...#ixzz1B2uGZYh1

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            In the past, I've mentioned that the Toronto Raptors are a team to keep an eye on as the trade deadline approaches because of their young talent, expiring contracts, and large traded player exception. Once the drama surrounding Carmelo Anthony passes, league sources reiterated that they believe the Raptors will make a move. With so many teams waiting for a resolution on Anthony, Toronto has been limited in their discussions thus far. But once that's out of the way, one source said that they would be very surprised if the Raptors didn't make a move and described the front office as being "too quiet."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1AwbY8DJ5

Fingers crossed.
                            well, not if that anthony trade happens on the deadline.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              well, not if that anthony trade happens on the deadline.
                              lol - great point.

Comment

the writing is on the wall, granger will be ours.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X