Melo to the Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Very true. In that case it would be the rental team getting back scraps. The NYK really have d!ck all to offer in a trade.
    I wouldn't call Chandler, Fields, Gallinari or Randolph exactly scraps.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't call Chandler, Fields, Gallinari or Randolph exactly scraps.
      But you won't get all four in a deal. You'd be luck to get 2 and Randolph, despite all his potential, is still a prospect and not getting any PT wtih D'Antoni after not getting any PT with Nellie who are 2 of the most lax defensive coaches out there.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        But you won't get all four in a deal. You'd be luck to get 2 and Randolph, despite all his potential, is still a prospect and not getting any PT wtih D'Antoni after not getting any PT with Nellie who are 2 of the most lax defensive coaches out there.
        You wouldn't get all 4, but they could get 3 - Randolph would definitely be included, Fields and Gallo/Chandler, plus the Curry expiring. That would be a decent haul for the Nuggets.

Comment

You wouldn't get all 4, but they could get 3 - Randolph would definitely be included, Fields and Gallo/Chandler, plus the Curry expiring. That would be a decent haul for the Nuggets.
          I was looking at this from a summer sign and trade scenario but either way....

They wouldn't get the cap relief though. There was a quote from a 'source' today saying Kroenke does not want to take back contracts. I assume this means whatever deal is made will shed enough salary to get them under the luxury tax.

If this was the only trade available, DEN would be better off waiting for the summer and making the trade then. At least they will still make the playoffs while paying the luxury. Whatever the new CBA is, I'm sure there will still be a sign and trade option there with incentives for the original team as teams can ensure they don't lose their franchise player for nothing and the player can still 'get paid' the maximum amount possible (be it an extra year or extra money).

Comment

Well, let's see what happens over the weekend. It was leaked again that the trade to Jersey would be completed sometime early next week. Did the Nets leak that story? Would Denver break off talks with Jersey? Probably not. That deal rumoured is better than the one the Knicks are offering.

Comment

Well, let's see what happens over the weekend. It was leaked again that the trade to Jersey would be completed sometime early next week. Did the Nets leak that story? Would Denver break off talks with Jersey? Probably not. That deal rumoured is better than the one the Knicks are offering.
              +1

I just hope it ends soon. Everything in the league is waiting on this.

Comment

Working...
              X