Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Gives With Trinano Playing Bargnani, Davis and Johnson At The Same Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Gives With Trinano Playing Bargnani, Davis and Johnson At The Same Time?

Last night may have been the first time that Triano has played all three at one time.

He said in the post game presser it was because of match-ups.

When Johnson was a Pistons player one of their more knowledgeable fans suggested for years that the Pistons play Johnson at the SF.

I had serious reservations about that because at the time Johnson had not shown he could make the outside shot or beat his man off the dribble.

However, now that he has shown that he can do both and is getting better at it all the time I wonder if Triano is seriously considering playing him more often at SF along with Bargnani at Center and Davis at PF.

Something to look for.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Not a chance Amir gets any minutes at small forward, just because 3 guys are in the front court together does make 1 a center, 1 a power forward, and 1 a small forward.

Amir has show the ability to hit a 15-17 foot set shot, not ability to shoot a jumper, he has poor handles and can't create his own shot at all.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If he can work on his handling and his jump shot why not.

Comment

Amir & his Jumper

WJF wrote: View Post
        Amir has show the ability to hit a 15-17 foot set shot, not ability to shoot a jumper ....
        This is where I have a problem with your statement. Projecting forward (from last year), I never would have figured Amir for a 17 foot shot (free throw or from the key). Now that I'm seeing it more often, and with pretty decent accuracy, I think different about the jumpers. Whether he makes it as a partial SF is another matter.

Comment

In the post game interview he said he did it because he wanted davis and johnson out there to make sure the wizards didn't get any second chance points. Also, Bargnani has checked Lewis in the past, so it wouldn't be that foreign to him.

Comment

Everytime i look at JT i can't help but think this guy has no idea what he is doing.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Last night may have been the first time that Triano has played all three at one time.

He said in the post game presser it was because of match-ups.

When Johnson was a Pistons player one of their more knowledgeable fans suggested for years that the Pistons play Johnson at the SF.

I had serious reservations about that because at the time Johnson had not shown he could make the outside shot or beat his man off the dribble.

However, now that he has shown that he can do both and is getting better at it all the time I wonder if Triano is seriously considering playing him more often at SF along with Bargnani at Center and Davis at PF.

Something to look for.
              i'm pretty sure he played some wing for milwaukee, amir will get time at sf, simply because what davis has shown he definitely deserves more time than he's getting.

but, there has to be a reason he isn't getting it, to me he's a bter prospect than derozan especially on d, i would honestly consider packaging amir and derozan once reggie comes back.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                i'm pretty sure he played some wing for milwaukee, amir will get time at sf, simply because what davis has shown he definitely deserves more time than he's getting.

but, there has to be a reason he isn't getting it, to me he's a bter prospect than derozan especially on d, i would honestly consider packaging amir and derozan once reggie comes back.
                Johnson never played for the Bucks except in the summer league and he did not play wing for them.

I don't know if he played any wing for the Pistons. If he did it would not have been very much at all.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Amir's jumper takes 5 seconds to release and he has terrible handles, so he is not nearly ready to play SF offensively. Defensively he doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend Paul Pierce, who is probably the slowest forward in the league, much less any other SF worth a damn.

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                    Amir's jumper takes 5 seconds to release and he has terrible handles, so he is not nearly ready to play SF offensively. Defensively he doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend Paul Pierce, who is probably the slowest forward in the league, much less any other SF worth a damn.
                    I second that!
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Well, he was drafted as a small forward back when he was 6'9" coming out of high school.

That said, I agree with what was stated above: just because 3 players are on the court at the same time doesn't mean that they're playing specific positions.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/
                      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                        That is because he is not confident enough in shooting.

Got to remember everyone labeled him a "Garbage Man" just a year ago.

He still doesn't consider himself to be the scorer so he is always looking to pass first when he gets the ball outside.

As he continues to play and shoot more his release speed will improve.

As far as his handles go, no he is no great dribbler but he is quick enough that if the defender comes up on him to defend Amir's jump shot Amir has shown that he can beat the defender off of the dribble with either hand; either going to his left or to his right.

He scored 17 with 8 rebounds today though I understand he made a basket and a foul shot near the end of the game that the officials took away and turned what should have been a three point play into a one point play.

People need to remember that his offense is not maxed out at this point. It will continue to improve. He is still only 23 and works as hard as just about anyone at improving his game.

I see he took a three point shot tonight.

I was watching Blake drop 47 on the Pacers so I didn't see the game.

Was the three point shot to beat the clock?
                        Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X