No announcement yet.

ESPN: First-half breakouts, second-half threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you guys even getting that idea? Amir has been playing his ass off when he's coming off the bench or starting and I've yet to see him complain once about not starting.

Comment

Yeah, he's been working hard. So has Ed Davis. I think Ed's talent it going to move him past Amir sometime in the next year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Yeah, he's been working hard. So has Ed Davis. I think Ed's talent it going to move him past Amir sometime in the next year.
        Amir will still be the better offensive player. Davis's jumpshot/freethrow shooting are horribly ugly and has no post moves. He's also undersized so he wont be able to attack the basket all the time.
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He's also undersized
          Ed Davis is 6'10", 215Lbs. Amir Johnson is 6'9", 210Lbs. What is average size at PF?

Amir will still be the better offensive player. Davis's jumpshot/freethrow shooting are horribly ugly and has no post moves.
          The Raptors didn't draft Ed Davis for offense. He's highly efficient when he does try to score. He's shooting 56% from the field this season.
          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
            I would take $5M over 50 years to just wash their socks
            i'd take a six figures per year job to do ANYBODY's laundry.... hell, i'd do their gardening too.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
              thats the main thing, he needs to keep getting his minutes to be consistent and stay on the floor. but like you said i dont think he'll ever be anything more then a good bench player and a spark off the bench so it be nice if he could get us something back in return at free agency or at the draft
              I don't understand the constant the desire to want to trade players if they are not a top-tier starter. If he is going to be a bench/energy guy, why can't we be happy with that? Every team needs key bench players. Manu? Crawford? Sure a team needs a solid starting 5, but those 5 can't play 48 minutes 82 games a year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Ed Davis is 6'10", 215Lbs. Amir Johnson is 6'9", 210Lbs. What is average size at PF?

The Raptors didn't draft Ed Davis for offense. He's highly efficient when he does try to score. He's shooting 56% from the field this season.
                People are saying he grew to 6 ft 11 since he was drafted and there is no way in hell Amir is 210LB. You can clearly tell from looking at him.

Comment

NBA.com, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Basketball-Reference and CBS Sports all have him at 210lbs. If Ed is 215lbs, then why is Amir at 210lbs such a stretch? Amir looks better conditioned but he doesn't look bigger.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

People are saying he grew to 6 ft 11 since he was drafted and there is no way in hell Amir is 210LB. You can clearly tell from looking at him.
                    I don't think he's that tall. Bargnani is a lot bigger than Johnson. Johnson is either 6'9 or 6'10. And I don't think he weighs more than 220 pounds.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he's that tall. Bargnani is a lot bigger than Johnson. Johnson is either 6'9 or 6'10. And I don't think he weighs more than 220 pounds.
                      He is about 6'10 to 6'11 without and with shoes maybe a bit taller.

He said in October that he weighed 237. I think it may be a bit lower.

Because he has a runners body and runs so much it is tough for him to put weight on and keep it on.

In any case he can match up with guys like Duncan, Smith, Boozer all of whom he has done a good defensive job on lately.

However, Bargnani certainly isn't nearly as strong as the white marble quarrymen of Carrara, Tuscany.

Johnson is no center that is for sure. Physically he is more like Lamar Odom was when Odom was younger.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                      X