X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan replaces Jennings in Dunk contest

Source: http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cb...48484/27154273

Hopefully its better then last year...

WOOOOOOOOOOO! He got robbed last year, so glad he gets another chance.

Comment

DD needs to shine here. Let's face it, the dunk contest has been lame since Carter won it. I hope that JuJu is his assistant this time.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

That's nice news to hear.

DeRozan sure is getting a lot of attention from the NBA bigwigs. He's all over the highlight videos no matter who the Raps play against. Despite his limitations (which seem to be slowly evaporating away) it is great for the club to have him. He draws attention.

Comment

Nice, I didn't even like the idea of Jennings being in the dunk contest, so this is a double win for most raptor fans.

Comment

Just goes to show that the raptors brand is still "out" there, unlike what Bosh said before

Comment

yes ma boy DD, is in it to win it , finally he gets his chance at redemption, I hope MustSeeBG loses now.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I don't understand the guy who said he got robbed.. unless you mean by himself. He was embarrassingly bad at the dunk contest.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

I bet the order is Blake, DD,Ibaka, mcgee. Derozans dunks were goods from last year but they just werent as tight as they needed to be , he didint get enough hieght or power in them either. This year i tihnk we see a whole new derozan in the dunk comp and i say he surprises alot of ppl. Alot of ppl r saying this year is set up for blake to win and i think its pretty true. he will probably be in the allstar game this yuear to as a rookie and win the dunk comp. the nba is gonna try and hype blake for one of the nbas futre stars.i bet in the next 5 years we see alot more OK|C, LA clips and toronto raptors!

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    I bet the order is Blake, DD,Ibaka, mcgee.
                    My thoughts exactly. Griffin is the media darling. There's no way the NBA would let him lose.

Comment

Nothin like a Raptor player gettin National TV Exposure this is great for the Raps, cause if Derozan wasn't in the dunk contest, they would have no other presence at the ASG other than the Rookie/Soph game - I hope he pulls the upset and takes it - it was his to lose last year, and his last dunk just wasn't good enough to hold up
                      Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

I think DeRozan becomes an instant favorite for the finals.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        My thoughts exactly. Griffin is the media darling. There's no way the NBA would let him lose.
                        The league doesn't decide who wins it and the league gains nothing by rigging the thing. As if the competition wasn't already on life support.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Most definitely. I would be shocked if it wasn't Griffin-DeRozan in the finals.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Most definitely. I would be shocked if it wasn't Griffin-DeRozan in the finals.
                            I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was DeRozan Vs. McGee in the finals. We've had this debate on the NBA board but Griffin is a great game dunker but that in no way means he'll be a great competition dunker. There are guys in high school, college and playing street ball who could give anybody in the world a run for their money in a dunk off. It's all about creativity, difficulty and execution in the dunk competition... Unless you're short.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

The league doesn't decide who wins it and the league gains nothing by rigging the thing. As if the competition wasn't already on life support.
                              The league would be pushing for a "bigger" name to win the competition. Maybe a bigger name guy makes some of the league stand up and take notice. Then perhaps there becomes a renaissance of sorts with the competition and more higher profile players enter next season. If Serge Ibaka wins, or if JeVale McGee wins this season, would you really care if he loses the crown next season? Most people wouldn't give a damn. If Griffin wins it, more people are gonna tune in next year's competition to see how he performs and if he can retain his crown.

Comment

Working...
                              X