Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peja is not returning nothing.. not much but not nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to think of Ajinca as an investment. Right now he's been bought low, but with a some scrap minutes and a bit of development, he could be sold for a higher price down the line. Just because he doesn't look like he fits into the team's plans long-term doesn't mean that he's not a solid asset if they take the time to develop and showcase him a bit.

Comment

Found this review of the "trade" interesting

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ed-to-raptors/

On initial glance this looked like a money move but maybe this a guy brought in to push Alabi and dare I say Bargnani during practices.

Comment

The only 4 Frenchmen that can do damage in the league are Tony Parker, Mikael Pietrus, Nicolas Batum, and Ronny Turiaf.
        You forgot Roddy Beaubois. I'd take this kid in a heartbeat.
        Last edited by Fanchie; Fri Jan 21, 2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          LOOOOLL, Lets put a different spin on it, shall we ?

Bc got Ajinca ( a nobody) and a 2nd rounder for 10 million . How does that sound
          That is incorrect. Remember, Bayless was acquired using the TPE.

Players and salary were traded away in the trade specificially:

Banks - $4.8, Andersen - $2.5, Jack - $4.9 = total: $12.2M

Peja's contract = $15M

That is a difference of $3M

The Raps are no longer on the hook for the final $10.8M of JJ's contract.

By my calculation the deal saved the Raps $7M plus whatever cash from Dallas, got a prospect C, and a 2nd round pick.

As a side note, the Peja trade also provided the opportunity to get another young player on a rookie deal in Bayless.

Nice work, BC.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jan 21, 2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Holy crap, he was the 3rd last pick in the second round. What exactly do you want Colangelo to do? And if the Raptor staff never felt Printezis had developed enough to bring him over, than all bringing him over to find out he's not good enough does is makes you lose his rights. Good GMs also don't bring over prospects from Europe before they're ready.
            It's not going to be the 3rd last pick in the draft. It's out pick we traded Mavs to get Alabi.

Comment

I believe he is referring to the pick used to get Printezis.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                You forgot Roddy Beaubois. I'd take this kid in a heartbeat.
                You mean the 6 foot guy who can't pass and has been sent to the D-League this year?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  He is more like a white version of Alabi.
                  Ajinca isn't caucasian.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                    The only 4 Frenchmen that can do damage in the league are Tony Parker, Mikael Pietrus, Nicolas Batum, and Ronny Turiaf.
                    Boris Diaw begs to differ. I'd say he's better than Pietrus and Turiaf.

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
                      Plus money. But what else could you get?
                      They could have not traded Printezis?

Comment

I didn't realize but Ajinca does not have a contract next year. Obviously an option was not picked up. For his sake, hopefully he gets a chance to play to see if he can stick around in the NBA - whether that is with the Raps or not.

Comment

So what happened with this?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            So what happened with this?
                            Cuban says Monday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=6050078

Comment

Great article on that actually. I do really think Mark Cuban is ALOT smarter, and savvier than many execs give him credit for. The dude knows the game and he knows the rules.
                              Interesting that the cash amount given to the Raps is actually to PAY for Ajinca's salary. That is SOLID maneuver on BCs part.

Comment

Working...
                              X