Start Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Ed Davis

Big Ed deserves to start. He has shown so much drive an potential, and that re-habbed knee seems in tip top shape. His heart, hustle, and drive are Reggie-esque, but his length and athleticism put him up a few notches for sure.

Big Ed should be the starting 5 with AB at the 4. Talk about a powerhouse combo Offense/Defense.

With this season withering away, lets let Big Ed shine next to King Bargs.

its true, he should start.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

especially since we're not making the playoffs, its better to let him develop and what better way than giving him minutes? starting him against the KG and Amare's of the NBA?

this quote from triano is idiotic.

"He's a guy who has to bounce back and play another good one and bounce back and play another good one," coach Jay Triano said. "We haven't got time for him to have one good game and then not be there for two or three in a row. All signs are that he's getting better every time he plays, and we like the progress."

how do they not have time?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        especially since we're not making the playoffs, its better to let him develop and what better way than giving him minutes? starting him against the KG and Amare's of the NBA?

"He's a guy who has to bounce back and play another good one and bounce back and play another good one," coach Jay Triano said. "We haven't got time for him to have one good game and then not be there for two or three in a row. All signs are that he's getting better every time he plays, and we like the progress."

I agree man. Especially since we slotted Demar into the starting role from day 1. I think Big Ed has just as much potential, actually more, than Demar. He should be out there balling.

Comment

i'll admit i wasn't a fan of davis when they drafted him, there were a couple guys i wanted more, but he's really worked out. im pretty jazzed about his future, and as such the raptors future as well.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like that he plays "angry", like, there's no laughy laughy joking around like weems and some othe young duds. he is out there to bang. that's what we need.

Comment

I think Ed has turned out better than most thought. He doesn't have an amazing offensive game yet, but 6.5 ppg is good for the kind of player he is. He's rebounding excellently and efficiently as well as getting his fair share of blocks. He's turned out better so far than some players around him. Steal of the lottery in my opinion.

Comment

I think it should also be pointed out that Ed is getting almost the EXACT same amount of minutes as Demar as a rookie.
                Demar only put up 8.6pgg a game. With Davis putting up 6.5ppg, theres no reason why next year he can't be double figures a night, kinda guy.
                Double-Double average as a Sophomore for Ed. Book it. hah

Comment

you start wright + ed along with bargs and you have 2 defenders to insulate bargs while also increasing the energy level on the court...it also allows for more touches for derozan.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Agree totally. As for Triano's quote, it could easily have Bargnani's name inserted at the beginning of that one. At the end of the day ED is a rookie, and he will learn well if you PLAY HIM! "We haven't got time for him..."??? Hello rebuild not championship run. There is nothing but time right now, and it is the best opportunity to use it.

Comment

djsunyc wrote: View Post
                      you start wright + ed along with bargs and you have 2 defenders to insulate bargs while also increasing the energy level on the court...it also allows for more touches for derozan.
                      Agreed! The Raps need more of a balance. That would be a very intriguing starting lineup - however, our 2nd unit would be blahhhhhhhhh. Bayless, Barbosa, Johnson, Kleiza, Dorsey? You never know, can't be any worse than right now.

Comment

djsunyc wrote: View Post
                        Even better, start Davis, Johnson and Wright and you've actually got a front line that can, you know, defend well! Screw insulating someone who can't do their job. Play the guys who can.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

win or lose, they gotta give the youngsters some burn... they aren't going to learn a thing unless they challenge themselves against players better than them

if you play scrabble against a moron, you probably aren't going to expand your vocabulary

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Even better, start Davis, Johnson and Wright and you've actually got a front line that can, you know, defend well! Screw insulating someone who can't do their job. Play the guys who can.
                            who would insulate that lineup's complete lack of offense?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              LMAO

Ok..

So where do you propose our offense comes from? DD an Jose, LMAO

Next...

Comment

Working...
                              X