Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was getting bayless so important that we had to pay $10 million on top of his salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude... drop it. No one agrees with you and no one thinks you are a correct.
    This has been discussed ad nauseum.
    What do you care what they spend if it doesn't affect the cap? It's not like MLSE says 'we'll only spend $30mil, and then you're SOL.' You spend what you have to to make the team better. I, for one, appreciate that there hasn't been any griping about it from the OWNER. So why are you?

It's a business, as you said, right?
    Ever heard the saying 'you gotta spend money to make money'?
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22, 2011, 03:04 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Dude... drop it. No one agrees with you and no one thinks you are a correct.
      This has been discussed ad nauseum.
      What do you care what they spend if it doesn't affect the cap? It's not like MLSE says 'we'll only spend $30mil, and then you're SOL.' You spend what you have to to make the team better. I, for one, appreciate that there hasn't been any griping about it from the OWNER. So why are you?
      Good point. I've also shown this trade SAVED the Raptors approximately $7M. It might not be this year but for someone who cares so much about the bottom line of MLSE, $7M is still $7M.

Comment

UwanSUMhotFYUH wrote: View Post
        not talking about money that counts toward the cap. im talking about the money the organization (corporation) is willing to spend on the team...

that's the difference... you can make as many condescending comments as you like, but please try to remember that we're NOT talking about the salaries or money that counts toward the cap....we're talking about money the owners had to spend out of their own budget on what to spend to make the raptors better.
        Where exactly are you getting this $10 million number from? The payout to Peja? They were going to be paying that whether or not they bought him out or even whether or not they made the trade. They are not paying out $10 million EXTRA. They are simply paying Peja's salary all at once rather than over the next 3 months.

And since the Raptors actually SAVED money overall, I would think they would be more willing to spend extra money this summer.

If they don't make the trade, then they are paying both Banks and Andersen, as well as Jack.

Before you call me condescending, try rereading my last comment a bit closer. You'll realize that the trade actually helps the team financially.

You seem to have made up your mind about the trade before knowing all the details and now won't even listen to the details because you've made up your mind.

Bottom line: The Raptors weren't going to sign a free agent before the end of the season, so taking on extra salary this season doesn't hurt them, especially since they saved money long term. If you're worried about how much the Raptor organization has set aside to spend, then obviously this trade helps, since it frees up money overall, and over the next two seasons. And that's not even mentioning the fact that it brings the Raptors farther under the cap.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            Win.

Comment

UwanSUMhotFYUH wrote: View Post
              yea but if you take that a step further, and the owners are not happy with how much money the team made them, what do they usually do ?

they raise ticket prices, merchandise costs more, food and drinks at the arena cost more...

im not saying this one move is going to do that, but as a fan, its in your best interest if the team isnt wasting $10 million dollars on a player like JB
              They can only charge what the market dictates. Don't like the price then don't buy it. Either they lower the price or they make no money at that point.

Comment

Working...
              X