Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

From what I've heard, the teams searching to make a big trade that yields a star are the Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors, and New Jersey Nets. Obviously teams like the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls would love to land Carmelo Anthony, but as far as teams consistently working the phones and monitoring everything around the league, I'd say those are the four to keep an eye on.
    Source: HoopsHype.com

star ? or overpaid player that another team wants to get rid of ?

its not like teams just trade away their stars for no reason.

and if the raps think they can get a star, they would usually have to give back some young talent which we have very few of anyway.

Comment

no bonafide star would want to come to toronto...we need to grow one....like always

Comment

what does this "report" even mean? Every team in the league wants to add a star. what are the raptors expected to do-add a high salaried player just because some other team wants to give them away for the tpe? Houston, I could understand; but I think that Tor, NJ, and Cle should all just do things the patient way; let your young guys develop, scout the NCAA's like crazy to make sure that your draft picks are impact picks, and develop your own star.

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
          what does this "report" even mean? Every team in the league wants to add a star.
          Not every team is actively hitting the market looking for one.

Comment

Andre Iguodala to the Raptors....*cough *cough
            "BALL" I have nothing else to say

Comment

thread said superstar
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Going after a star now makes no sense. The Raptors don't have the foundation yet to support one. And getting a star over the age of, say, 24 makes almost no sense. I really hope Colangelo isn't going to give into the pressure of losing and try and find a quick fix. As a fan, that would be devastating. The only thing I can see is if the Raptors put together a package to try and get a young player on the verge of being a star (Stephon Curry, for example), then I can see that. But guys who the Raptors most definitely should not go after? Guys like...

Andre Iguodala
                Danny Granger
                Devin Harris
                ANYONE on Detroit
                Jason Richardson
                Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson
                Carmelo Anthony
                Kevin Martin

Any one of those guys would simply push the Raptors into the realm of mediocrity and hurt the team long term.

If the Raptors could do this deal...
                http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4el4nlp
                I'd be all for it.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Going after a star now makes no sense. The Raptors don't have the foundation yet to support one. And getting a star over the age of, say, 24 makes almost no sense. I really hope Colangelo isn't going to give into the pressure of losing and try and find a quick fix. As a fan, that would be devastating. The only thing I can see is if the Raptors put together a package to try and get a young player on the verge of being a star (Stephon Curry, for example), then I can see that. But guys who the Raptors most definitely should not go after? Guys like...

Andre Iguodala
                  Danny Granger
                  Devin Harris
                  ANYONE on Detroit
                  Jason Richardson
                  Carmelo Anthony
                  Kevin Martin

Any one of those guys would simply push the Raptors into the realm of mediocrity and hurt the team long term.
                  Fully Agree with you on this. Great Post.

I'd be all for it.
                  I hope you are joking with this one. Green is a big that is super soft ( worst than AB), has no post game ( worst than AB) and is a not a great rebounder.

Hate the trade ...

Comment

Andre Iguodala
                    Danny Granger
                    Devin Harris
                    ANYONE on Detroit
                    Jason Richardson
                    Carmelo Anthony
                    Kevin Martin

I'd be all for it.
                    I agree with your list of players, as guys who won't really fit in long term. Though Danny Granger could be a solid pair beside Demar. 27 isn't completely out of the question I'd say. But I think we need Demar to just continue to develop his game and step up big time and show that he CAN be something special. I think he's got it.
                    Jeff Green would ALSO be a nice pair. Perhaps better. But I can't see OKC giving him up.
                    Now, if we could get Thaddeus Young, I think that would be a SOLID get for BC.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22, 2011, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      I hope you are joking with this one. Green is a big that is super soft ( worst than AB), has no post game ( worst than AB) and is a not a great rebounder.

Hate the trade ...
                      Move Jeff Green to Small Forward and he is ELITE. OKC has been playing him out of position in favour of Durant at SF. I think it's hurting his game.
                      Krstic is a very solid Starting C. Might give Amir and Ed more touches down low. Jeff Green becomes our co-#1 option with Demar. Not a completely horrible trade. I don't condone trading Bargnani, but this wouldn't be bad. Maybe if we could get a pick out of it, then even better.
                      Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22, 2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Decent trade idea but I don't think OKC would go for it. They have a pretty good thing going chemistry-wise and that trade would only make them worse. Bargs doesn't help that team at all, although they could use a consistent scoring threat down-low. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bynum on that team.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

Hate the trade ...
                          Green isn't a big. He's a SF who's been forced to play out of position because of the presence of Kevin Durant. On the Raptors, he'd play his natural position, where he's actually a good defensive player and a half decent rebounder.

I'm not a huge fan of Krstic, but he's a better rebounder and defender than Bargnani, and he'd be fine until something better comes along, then he'd be a good backup.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

And here are a couple of deals for Stephon Curry, since we're on the subject of trade proposals....
                            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4m2znfs
                            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4h6ouo7
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

/pray

But seriously, I'd try Green for Bargnani. (Keyword: try)

Comment

Working...
                              X