Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Decent trade idea but I don't think OKC would go for it. They have a pretty good thing going chemistry-wise and that trade would only make them worse. Bargs doesn't help that team at all, although they could use a consistent scoring threat down-low. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bynum on that team.
    Well, if I'm Oklahoma, I obviously wouldn't go for it, but you never know how much they would value Bargnani. I know they would definitely be open to moving Green because he's a free agent this summer and they don't see him as the answer to their starting PF position and he obviously can't play much at SF. And if Cole Aldrich ever becomes an actual NBA player, Oklahoma might consider a big man trio of Bargnani, Aldrich and Ibaka a good one.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Going after a star now makes no sense. The Raptors don't have the foundation yet to support one. And getting a star over the age of, say, 24 makes almost no sense. I really hope Colangelo isn't going to give into the pressure of losing and try and find a quick fix. As a fan, that would be devastating. The only thing I can see is if the Raptors put together a package to try and get a young player on the verge of being a star (Stephon Curry, for example), then I can see that. But guys who the Raptors most definitely should not go after? Guys like...

Andre Iguodala
      Danny Granger
      Devin Harris
      ANYONE on Detroit
      Jason Richardson
      Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson
      Carmelo Anthony
      Kevin Martin

Any one of those guys would simply push the Raptors into the realm of mediocrity and hurt the team long term.

If the Raptors could do this deal...
      http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4el4nlp
      I'd be all for it.
      I saw the GSW piece on HoopsWorld.com. The only way Curry moves is if a star comes back. The Raps are s.o.l. there.

I wouldn't trade for those guys now but depending on who the Raps draft, I would be more than open to Gerald Wallace, AI (play SF) or Danny Granger on draft day. I"d prefer Wallace. His contract only has one year and a player option remaining and would be the easier player to trade again next year towards trade deadline. Obviously the only guy I would consider making this type of move for would be if Irving was drafted. A man can dream, a man can dream...

Read down a little further and saw the Green commentary. Actually, that would be even better. DRaft Irving and sign Green - badda boom, badda bing.

Comment

If the first of those two proposed trades for Steph Curry were possible, then the Raps could make a serious play for Jeff Green in FA. Consider the following lineup.

Curry/Bayless
        DeRozan/Barbosa
        Green/Wright
        Davis/Johnson
        Biedrins/?

That my friends, is a rebuild completed. Calderon is basically your perfect PG to pair with someone like Ellis. Not so sure how a lineup with Calderon, Ellis, Lee and Bargnani would ever get a stop, but I also don't see how anyone would be able to stop them in turn. Interesting at the very least.

Comment

I am not okay with the raptors trading their first round pick.
          I would rather bomb the season for a guy like Terrence Jones then trade for AI or Granger.
          If we could swing in a draft day trade of Davis & Barbosa for a guy like Enes Kanter that would be nice.

Calderon/Bayless
          Derozan/Weems
          Jones/Kleiza
          Kanter/Johnson
          Bargnani/Alabi

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            If the first of those two proposed trades for Steph Curry were possible, then the Raps could make a serious play for Jeff Green in FA. Consider the following lineup.

Curry/Bayless
            DeRozan/Barbosa
            Green/Wright
            Davis/Johnson
            Biedrins/?

That my friends, is a rebuild completed. Calderon is basically your perfect PG to pair with someone like Ellis. Not so sure how a lineup with Calderon, Ellis, Lee and Bargnani would ever get a stop, but I also don't see how anyone would be able to stop them in turn. Interesting at the very least.
            I like that lineup too. I would go for that.

Comment

realistically it would probably be likely that we see granger or iggy in a raptor uniform. but at what cost? of course both teams will want young talent. the only player i can see us utilizing in any sort of trade is Ed Davis, cuz quite frankly i think derozan is untouchable at this point. ]

i could also see monta ellis as a possibility, simply because i dont think GSW likes him with steph curry. but then again at what cost. maybe some deal with calderon, reggie evans and some picks could land us ellis.

bayless
              ellis
              derozan
              davis
              bargnani

that dont sound too bad to me.
              http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
                bayless
                ellis
                derozan
                davis
                bargnani

that dont sound too bad to me.
                It don't sound too good, either.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Curry/Bayless
                  DeRozan/Barbosa
                  Green/Wright
                  Davis/Johnson
                  Biedrins/?

And you're forgetting the pick. Add in whoever the Raptors draft and that could be a very good, young roster.
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Haven't forgotten the pick. Just didn't put it in cause I have no idea who it would be. Though of course I have my opinions on who it should be.

How good a defender is/could be Jeff Green at the 3 spot? It's where the Raps need their lockdown defender the most.

How much is Curry necessary, given the Raps could grab a point in the draft? Green could still be taken in FA...a decent center though is still a requirement. It just seems like Curry is likely never gonna happen.

Alternatively, what teams would possibly be legitimately interested in a player like Bargs?

Comment

G State would prefer to get rid of Ellis than Curry. Ellis is a major hog. Perhaps he could develop into something else with Calderon beside him. G State trading away Curry is like Denver giving up Carmelo (which it looks like at the moment when he walks away for nothing).

There are a number of teams that would be interested in Bargs. I think both Denver and G State would love his services. Both are very offensive-minded teams and with Denver (not because of Ujiri), they're going to be very eager in replacing Carmelo very soon. Houston I think may also be a good fit, not just because as Yao's replacement, but historically, they've always had a good center as a franchise.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I would love to see curry on this team. It's hard to draft good point guards. I would propose:

Ed Davis
                        Bayless

for:

Curry
                        Admundson

PF's are plentiful in drafts. Trade Calderon or Barbosa and some other pieces for a decent SF.

DeMar and Curry would be a great young back court.

Comment

Haven't forgotten the pick. Just didn't put it in cause I have no idea who it would be. Though of course I have my opinions on who it should be.

How good a defender is/could be Jeff Green at the 3 spot? It's where the Raps need their lockdown defender the most.

How much is Curry necessary, given the Raps could grab a point in the draft? Green could still be taken in FA...a decent center though is still a requirement. It just seems like Curry is likely never gonna happen.

Alternatively, what teams would possibly be legitimately interested in a player like Bargs?
                          Green is a very good defender at the 3. Not so good at the 4.

There are a few PGs available in the draft, but the only one I'm really high on is Irving.

I'd stay far away from Kemba Walker because I see far too much combo guard in him than PG. I think he'll have a very tough transition.

Brandon Knight is probably more PG, but I don't think he'll ever be a great PG in the NBA.

I think Curry will be better than all but Irving, and Irving will most likely go #1.

One guy I'd like to keep an eye on is Enes Kanter. Obviously he's going to have to be checked out medically (possible knee problems), but if he's clean, he could become a beast, and would be a great compliment to both Amir and Davis.

I don't know who might really want Bargnani. I don't see many contenders wanting him due to his defensive issues, but lesser teams are usually willing to gamble on a guy like Bargnani.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            I don't know who might really want Bargnani. I don't see many contenders wanting him due to his defensive issues, but lesser teams are usually willing to gamble on a guy like Bargnani.
                            You put Bargnani with Garnett and guarentee you he plays better defense. Some people just need to be pushed. Bargs isn't really being pushed. He's being spoiled.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I would love to see curry on this team. It's hard to draft good point guards. I would propose:

Ed Davis
                              Bayless

for:

Curry
                              Admundson

PF's are plentiful in drafts. Trade Calderon or Barbosa and some other pieces for a decent SF.

DeMar and Curry would be a great young back court.
                              No way I trade Davis. Right now, he's probably got more potential than anyone on the team. If the Raptors are going to make a big trade, they really need to trade Bargnani and change the defensive atmosphere of the team.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I agree. What Davis brings can be found on championship teams. I can't think of any team who has won with a guy like Bargnani. Not saying it's impossible to win with Bargnani... Just saying absolutely no one in the history of the NBA has...

Comment

Working...
                                X