Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto Raptors - Second Best team....In the WNBA

Comment

Toronto Raptors - Hate us or love us, as long as you care enough to follow and watch us, we don't need to try harder to make our team better.

And I'll even add an MLSE slogan. The root of most of our sports problems:

MLSE - We ARE Toronto sports. You watch whatever we feel like putting out there. And one of these days, The Jays will be ours too. You can keep the Argos though.
      Last edited by unclesam; Sun Jan 23, 2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

The Toronto Raptors: Are THEY planning on playing defense tonight?
        The Toronto Raptors: We got all the Tools in the league!
        Last edited by grindhouse; Sun Jan 23, 2011, 05:42 AM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          what's your point? i couldn't care less whether other cities are content with their teams incompetence. i'm a basketball fan and i want my team to be good...lol forgive me for wanting and expecting a quality team.

go hang with leafs fans. they've been supporting garbage for 30+ years now and seem perfectly content with it.
          40+ years.
          Deadallus

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
            You all knew this season would be a write-off and that the team would be terrible, but you still complain anyways. You knew this team didn't have much talent when the season started but your still upset with their lack of defence and ability to win. Maybe they are giving up by playing atrocious defense, but that's what you get with a team full of young mediocre players. It just gives us all something to talk about. No one expected anything from this team to begin with.
            I have no problem with this team not winning because it is really a weak roster, and I am shocked they have even won 4 games to be honest. But the effort is not there which is what bothers me and why I created MY slogan as it is. I don't know, I'm naturally a competitive dude, and watching professional athletes just go through the motions drives me up the wall.
            Deadallus

Comment

The Toronto Raptors: Where we bench our starters and start our benchers.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                I have no problem with this team not winning because it is really a weak roster, and I am shocked they have even won 4 games to be honest. But the effort is not there which is what bothers me and why I created MY slogan as it is. I don't know, I'm naturally a competitive dude, and watching professional athletes just go through the motions drives me up the wall.
                I agree with the premise but not sure I agree with the generality.

There are a couple of players who do not give it their all consistently - Bargnani being the biggest offender, IMO. However, the team as a whole is pretty good. The game against MIA was awful in the first half. But they didn't quit and they got back to single digits. A lose is a lose but they easily could have had back to back 40 point losses. The fact they didn't quit says a lot about many of the young men on this team and the coaching staff.

The talent and experience is not on the team to win night in and night out. Playing without Barbosa and a healthy Kleiza certainly doesn't help either.

Comment

the NBA: Home of 29 Teams (oh, and that one Canadian team too....the Raptors or something)

The Raptors: Takin a backseat to curling since '95
                  Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    go hang with leafs fans. they've been supporting garbage for 30+ years now and seem perfectly content with it.
                    That's called being a true fan. Supporting the team through thick and thin - not wavering. It's the one thing I admire about Leafs fans - their team may stink, but their support is always there, and it's a lot of proud support - and in most instances, you can't tell them shit.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      That's called being a true fan. Supporting the team through thick and thin - not wavering. It's the one thing I admire about Leafs fans - their team may stink, but their support is always there, and it's a lot of proud support - and in most instances, you can't tell them shit.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                        Hey guys here's a fun weekend activity that the whole family can enjoy....make up a team slogan for your Toronto Raptors !!!! Here's a couple:

The Toronto Raptors: Your bridge from the Euro and D-League to the NBA

The Toronto Raptors: Where NBA records are set

(all the stars set their records against the Raps: kobe's 81, lebron's career high, dwight could have tried for 40-30 last night if SVG let him LOL)
                        The Toronto Raptors: Canada's finest NBA franchise
                        The Toronto Raptors: Where dreams go to die
                        The Toronto Raptors: Gateway to the 1st dimension

Comment

The Raptors: Bargs, Demar, and a bunch of scrubs

Comment

Working...
                          X