Raptor Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    The Nets also have a history of local fan & media indifference. They play in a not so hotspot in Jersey but vie for attention from among New Yorkers. They are currently next to last in attendance (by 8/game to the Kings) and probably suffer from an inferiority complex always being compared to the Knicks...even in years when they are better.
    I think the problem with the Nets local fan support is their location. All those years they spent in Meadowlands is hardly a way to attract fans. East Rutherford is a crap little place, that's out of the way, and the only real notable thing about it is it's on the way to the outlet shopping in secaucus..

the move to newark doesnt help a bit either.. most new yorkers look down on jersey on a whole, and most people in jersey consider newark to pretty much be new york.. with just cause... how many people have flown into newark and said "ya, i'm going to jersey"? newark is new york's adopted kid that they make sleep out in the dog house.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Good point. The stink this year mostly due to a lack of talent and experience and not because of a lack of effort. Is it just me or does anyone else see how important Reggie Evans was before they lost him to injury?
      It's weird, when he went down, i thought "that sucks, but now Amir and Ed will have more playing time and can make up for less rebs with offense". I know realize, that isn't the case. In the world of "what ifs", that whole what if Reggie didnt get hurt question is an important one. Then again, so is "what if we had got Chandler".

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        I think the problem with the Nets local fan support is their location. All those years they spent in Meadowlands is hardly a way to attract fans. East Rutherford is a crap little place, that's out of the way, and the only real notable thing about it is it's on the way to the outlet shopping in secaucus..

the move to newark doesnt help a bit either.. most new yorkers look down on jersey on a whole, and most people in jersey consider newark to pretty much be new york.. with just cause... how many people have flown into newark and said "ya, i'm going to jersey"? newark is new york's adopted kid that they make sleep out in the dog house.
        They should just make Snooki their mascot

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          They should just make Snooki their mascot
          Snooki actually isn't even close to being from jersey... she's from poughkeepsie, ny... way north from NYC, halfway to friggin albany

Comment

exactly!

anybody who thought they would be any better than they are right now at the beginning of the season were overly optimistic.. not to dog them though, i appreciate other fans having positive outlooks on our team

but realistically, this is exactly where we all knew they'd be.

personally, i'm liking the team.. demar is ever improving.. after missing a good chunk of the season, davis is showing alot of up-side.. bayless was a solid aquisition.. amir is still exactly who we thought he was.. bargs is exactly who we thought he was.. jose is clapping alot less.. Ju-ju has the best nickname ever, and is a pretty good defensive role player.. alabi is playing as much as somebody dubbed a "project" in his rookie year should be playing.. sonny is a bit of a letdown, but a dirt cheap one.. so its alright

they're developing enough, and exciting enough, to keep me hyped for their games.. yet not good enough to jeapordize their lottery pick without resorting to tanking..

It's nice to see someone agrees. I think many of us thought the Raptors could sneak into the playoffs at the 8th seed but this whole losing streak definitely doesn't help. We got the Sixers and a few against the Wolves coming up. The Wolves have the worse record , but they have the brighter future in Kevin Love. Nonetheless these are games we can and need to win. Look at it this way, Charlotte currently holds the 8th spot in the East at 17-25. The 8th spot in the West belongs to Portland who is 25-20. It goes to show that in the West, you can't fuck around or you don't make the playoffs. Memphis is 9th in the West at 21-23. If they played in the east, they would likely be good for the 6th spot. I watch because I'm a loyal fan first off and secondly to see the development of the younger players. Ed I'm sure has surprised us all, and Demar is putting together a pretty noteworthy sophomore season averaging 15.3 PPG. He still has a lot to learn away from the offensive side of the ball, but at least he can score.

Comment

Snooki actually isn't even close to being from jersey... she's from poughkeepsie, ny... way north from NYC, halfway to friggin albany
              she ugly

Comment

I agree in a way. I haven't been to Newark or East Rutherford, but I did go to Wildwood at Atlantic City some ten years ago. The beaches were dirty and there was literally garbage floating in the water. Southern Ontario beaches are cleaner in comparison to those. I stayed in a really cramped Inn type place. You couldn't open the fridge because the door would hit the wall. The Boardwalk is ok and there's a lot of cool little shops and stuff but nothing spectacular. Atlantic City always had the reputation for being Vegas for old people but whatever. Which makes me wonder why they actually made a show about the Jersey shore. What's so special about it?

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                  I agree in a way. I haven't been to Newark or East Rutherford, but I did go to Wildwood at Atlantic City some ten years ago. The beaches were dirty and there was literally garbage floating in the water. Southern Ontario beaches are cleaner in comparison to those. I stayed in a really cramped Inn type place. You couldn't open the fridge because the door would hit the wall. The Boardwalk is ok and there's a lot of cool little shops and stuff but nothing spectacular. Atlantic City always had the reputation for being Vegas for old people but whatever. Which makes me wonder why they actually made a show about the Jersey shore. What's so special about it?
                  the jersey beaches are a hotbed for weekending bennys (people from Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, New York)... think of it like their wasaga beach during march break/long weekends/etc

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    she ugly
                    no doubt, son.

Comment

no doubt, son.
                      her and smitch should hookup. MO SHATS!

Comment

Working...
                      X