No announcement yet.

Raptors Call Up Trey Johnson, the D-League's Leading Scorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the move. in fact, i feel like they should sign him for the rest of the season just for a little continuity. worst case scenario he goes back to the dleague. he could end up being a great, cheap piece of the puzzle.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah, and if he's decent then suddenly Sonny Weems becomes a nice cheap trade piece to pad a trade.

Comment

or it motivates Sonny and he gets back on track, competition for those minutes cannot hurt

Comment

Best basketball name ever.

Comment

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=351163
            Trey In
            Gaines Out

Comment

sign this dude to a full contract a year or 2. He could play good in the SG position, and plus he's fun to watch. He strong, Quick explosive and has a sweet shot. And he hit a three during the game against Philly that is enough to impress me, i say sign him.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                I'm happy for the guy, he deserves a serious look in the league. However, I don't like it for the Raptors. Why are the calling up a SG when there weakest position is SF? Trey is going to have to compete for time behind DD, Weems, maybe Barbosa, even Bayless. What if he becomes invaluable? What if we keep him? Will he be able to get play time once people get healthy? Or will Johnson ride pine?

I say move Derozen to SF and the problem is solved, and then when weems is healthy we could start him and i don't think barbosa will be back for a while so Trey can play back up for Weems.

Comment

Working...
                X