X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens When Reggie Returns?

Jan 20 Evans (foot) is targeting Feb. 17 as a potential return date
    Source: Yahoo Sports

How many minutes does he get? Who does this hurt? Personally I think Dorsey may never see the light of day this season and when Amir gets into foul trouble early he's going to find it hard getting back out there. Reggie won't be getting 27MPG but he will find more than the 11MPG he got last season.Thoughts?

I can't wait to see him back, but you'd have to think he will be slow coming out of the gates. With the playoffs all but a fading hope, it will be at least nice to see him out there banging again. It will probably be his last hurrah here, so might as well enjoy it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

How many minutes does he get? Who does this hurt? Personally I think Dorsey may never see the light of day this season and when Amir gets into foul trouble early he's going to find it hard getting back out there. Reggie won't be getting 27MPG but he will find more than the 11MPG he got last season.Thoughts?
      Hopefully enough minutes to show he can play and get traded for a draft pick - any draft pick.

Comment

I think the Raptors would have to take back a bad contract to make that happen.

Comment

I think the Raptors would have to take back a bad contract to make that happen.
          Possibly. I'm going to go play with the trade machine.

Comment

He will stunt Davis' develop, while the majority of fans and Triano turn their eyes away at it because-I can't even think of a good reason for that, but I'm so sure it's going to happen. >.>

Comment

On the other hand having Reggie on the practice court might help him.

Comment

i agree with Apollo, having a vet who is a beast on the boards, and also voted dirtiest player in the game, will be benecial to Ed. He can learn how to bang and also how to get grimey when need be. Ask Kaman about Reg's vice grip like hands.

Comment

With Reggie back, the Raptors can be a top 10 rebounding team again, which would be nice. And actually have a player who will take charges in the paint with consistency. Although, Reggie is one of the worst floppers in the league, he does it to help the team.

Plus, I miss his sound bites A LOT!
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Yay, Bargs gets his rebounding servant back. Now he can really attend to more important matters like heaving them low percentage 23-footers, making those oh so convincing, standing tall pump fakes at the top of the key and lunging into his man for the ol' contact foul while in the act of shooting. For weeks he was out of his comfort zone while trying to defend, box out his man or going after that rebound. It's good that he gets to be back to his normal "self". Let the wins come.

Bayless played 4 minutes less and had 8 rebounds. C'mon man!!!!
                    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Tue Jan 25, 2011, 01:11 AM.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Like last year, Reggie won't be totally "back" until the end of the season. Hopefully he can get in game shape sooner than that, but I wouldn't bet on it. What sucks is that we will have 3 guys playing the 4 (all deserving minutes), but not one of them are big/long enough to guard the 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X