Who the f*** is Ricky Rubio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Boston makes no sense at all. Does he want to carry Rondo's jock for the next decade?
    I hate prima donnas (especially the ones that pick their destinations) as well BUT, Minnesota is a team driven by crazy man KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! I'm not sure if I blame him.

As for TDOT, I'll bet you he would love it here. Heck, let's wait for the draft. Perhaps there's a draft day magic coming our way.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      . I'm sure Kobe Bryant wouldn't want to play in Minnesota but that doesn't take away from who he is.
      It's true. When Kobe got drafted by Charlotte (basically Minnesota south), he told them we wouldn't report.

Comment

Miami and New York make sense. He'd prefer to play in a major market.

Comment

If he had no intentions of coming to the NBA, then why did he go into the draft? Did he not realize that he'd play for one of the bad teams?

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            If he had no intentions of coming to the NBA, then why did he go into the draft? Did he not realize that he'd play for one of the bad teams?
            He does want to play in the NBA. He wanted to get drafted by either a west-coast team, or a big city team. In the top 10, the cities he would have liked to go to are: LA, Oklahoma, Sacramento, Golden State and New York.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              He does want to play in the NBA. He wanted to get drafted by either a west-coast team, or a big city team. In the top 10, the cities he would have liked to go to are: LA, Oklahoma, Sacramento, Golden State and New York.
              Sorry, but that wasn't the question. The draft is what it is. There is no guarantee who selects you and which team you end up playing for. Once you decide to enter the draft I believe one should accept the outcome....or dont enter.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Sorry, but that wasn't the question. The draft is what it is. There is no guarantee who selects you and which team you end up playing for. Once you decide to enter the draft I believe one should accept the outcome....or dont enter.
                Or in Rubio's case, go back to Spain and make millions of euros and wait till the Timberwolves let him go to a city he wants.

Comment

Rubio isn't sitting on the sideline. like Joe just said, he's in Europe playing pro ball and making a lot more than the Wolves are allowed to give him to a play in a city he doesn't want to live.

Comment

Rubio is not the first player to be unhappy with where or who drafted him and decide not to sign. And a lot of players have their agent try and control who drafts them. For some it works, for others it doesn't. Most of the time we never hear about it.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      I hate prima donnas (especially the ones that pick their destinations) as well BUT, Minnesota is a team driven by crazy man KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! I'm not sure if I blame him.

As for TDOT, I'll bet you he would love it here. Heck, let's wait for the draft. Perhaps there's a draft day magic coming our way.
                      Free agents pick their destinations. Do you hate all free agents? Jose Calderon came to the league from Spain picking his destination. He was a pro there before coming here. Rubio is a pro coming from Spain who wants to pick his destination. What's the difference? Should he take a pay cut because he's a few years younger? How does that make sense? I think the draft should be for amateurs.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Rubio is not the first player to be unhappy with where or who drafted him and decide not to sign. And a lot of players have their agent try and control who drafts them. For some it works, for others it doesn't. Most of the time we never hear about it.
                      Tiago Splitter didn't come right away.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 2, 2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X