Objection your honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Objection your honor

Strengths By Position: Based upon this seasons performance and future outlook.

SG: A+
    Demar Derozan: has been exactly what I expected. Early in the year when I compared him to Kobe many thought I was nuts, however his explosiveness, poise and determination are all key components moving forward.

Power Forward: A
    Andrea Bargnani :
    I know most you assume Andrea is a center because he has played the majority of games as a center however this has been mostly by default. Andrea is a lethal scorer and has done even more than I expected in his first year as a go to player stats don’t lie, he is in the top 15 in scoring. He would get an A+ however, his defense needs improvement. People must remember he has never had a chance to play with a legitimate centre to take the pressure off of him on the defensive end.
    Centre: Not Available
    Clearly when the Tyson Chandler move backfired, it left Toronto still in search of the big man we’ve never had a shot blocking presence that can rebound and provide lane intimidation. Players such as Amir Johnson and Ed Davis although very athletic are not big enough to play this role. (Ed Davis may still develop into this type of player). I hope this area will be addressed before next season either via trade or draft.

PG: B
    Jose Calderon is a steady point guard who can run a team but he is an in between type player. He’s tough enough to keep your team afloat, but not strong enough to save the day. I don’t see Jose fitting into our future plans, and believe he deserves to be traded to a contending team looking for a steady point guard.
    Jaryed Bayless:
    Though the sample size is not big enough I see potential. Jaryd needs to be given the keys to the ship for the remainder of the season. Again this one of those calculated risk situations. There is low risk right now as wins and losses are not our main goal lets see what this kid is all about.

SF: D
    Linas Kleiza has been a bust he is clearly slow to penetrate, to small to post up, and to inconsistent to shoot the 3. I hope we can trade him.
    Julian Wright:
    Maybe Julian can become a shutdown defender, but his decision making is a major weakness, and I won’t even mention his jump shot. If he can improve in these areas as the starter before seasons end I believe he can be part of our future, otherwise we this position should be a top priority for the off season.

Bench: B+
    I believe our bench has potential.
    Amir Johnson and Ed Davis: can provide much needed one-two punch of athleticism and energy as our main big men off the bench. They will present nightmare match ups against opposing team’s second unit big men.
    The Brazilian blur is a huge weapon off the bench. He provides instant offense and is quick enough to harass the oppositions quick point guards.
    Sonny Weems: Still young and developing his game. We need to be patient with him and hopefully resign him to a reasonable contract. Players with his athleticism and build are hard to find. He can be a very useful bench player going forward.

END OF BENCH: C
    ALABI: See potential don’t know if he will be used as trade bait or given an opportunity to develop with Toronto.
    Ajinsa: You can’t teach size. I hope we at least give him a decent opportunity to play were talking about a 22 year old player who can shoot block and rebound lets find out if he can be part of our future.
    Joey Dorsey: Dwight Light had his moments this season unfortunately he’s just to undersized to be effective and as such don’t really see him as part of our plans going forward unless I am proven wrong.
    Reggie Evans:
    Unfortunately Reggie has never had a chance to stay healthy in a Raptors uniform. I believe he will be traded before the deadline and will add a valuable rebounding presence to a playoff team. It’s too bad we never got a full dose of Reggie.
    Draft Picks:
    A+
    Top 5 pick is looking highly likely
    22-27 Pick via Miami
    These picks can be used to draft SF and Center
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Thu Jan 27, 2011, 01:59 AM.

I have to disagree. An A is a top 4 seed, our team as a whole is an F So with that in consideration:

Grades
    Starting 5
    PG -- C+ I like Jose but padding stats on a losing team means this is the highest I can go for
    the position that is meant to be a floor general.

SG -- C Big DD fan. He has moved a weak position a few years back into a position of potential.

SF -- F Kleiza runs hot and cold, incredibly inconsistent for an imported FA started -- a career bench player
    is giving him a run for his money.

PF -- C - I like the potential here. Both Amir and Davis have and see this as a position of hope

C -- F - Bargnani is not a center (Can someone tell BC please?)

Bench B - I'll go with what the ESPN article claimed.

End of bench - F because nothing says winning than random D Leaguers that don't fit
    your roster and uncoordinated centers.

Draft picks? C No guarantee of quality with the potential work stoppage.
    Probably not the best year to have multiple picks.

Comment

good analysis, Ajinsa is WAY to lanky. He's like a freaking twig, if he can put on a few pounds of muscle he could be a beast centre for the raps. And i totally agree with u on the SF position. Kleiza has been playin shit ever since he got here, besides the denver game. Julian Wright has a terrible jumper and is starting to do too much off the dribble resulting in turnovers, he also needs to put on some muscle and improve that catapult jumper of his. Sonny Weems is a must have, when this dude is healthy he is a monster. Most of the big time games we won this season are because of him (E.g. Boston, Orlando) he is a spark off the bench and is just a good player for the raptors to have. I think after all our injuries r gone and dealt with our new starting line up should be:
      PG - Calderon/Bayless
      SG - Weems/Barbosa
      SF - Derozen/Wright/Kleiza
      PF - Amir/Davis
      C - Bargs/Ajinsa

I'd say that is a pretty solid starting line up.

Comment

Too early for this but Bargnani deserves an A on offense but this is a two way game.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          good analysis, Ajinsa is WAY to lanky. He's like a freaking twig, if he can put on a few pounds of muscle he could be a beast centre for the raps. And i totally agree with u on the SF position. Kleiza has been playin shit ever since he got here, besides the denver game. Julian Wright has a terrible jumper and is starting to do too much off the dribble resulting in turnovers, he also needs to put on some muscle and improve that catapult jumper of his. Sonny Weems is a must have, when this dude is healthy he is a monster. Most of the big time games we won this season are because of him (E.g. Boston, Orlando) he is a spark off the bench and is just a good player for the raptors to have. I think after all our injuries r gone and dealt with our new starting line up should be:
          PG - Calderon/Bayless
          SG - Weems/Barbosa
          SF - Derozen/Wright/Kleiza
          PF - Amir/Davis
          C - Bargs/Ajinsa

I'd say that is a pretty solid starting line up.
          In what league? You must not mean the NBA. WNBA maybe, but most of those girls seem like they CARE about being there and that they have to earn their minutes.

I guess it is a solid line up if your goal is the number 1 draft pick....

Comment

If Ajinca, gains 40 pounds of mass, and if Amir gains 30 pounds of mass, same with Davis, then we will have a solid front court, We need to trade evans , weems, alabi & miami's draft pick for a proper Center like Hibbert, draft hopefully kyle irving, kemba walker, trade jose and then we we'll have a good team, for sure will make the playoffs, oh yea and hopefully resign barbosa
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              If Ajinca, gains 40 pounds of mass, and if Amir gains 30 pounds of mass, same with Davis, then we will have a solid front court, We need to trade evans , weems, alabi & miami's draft pick for a proper Center like Hibbert, draft hopefully kyle irving, kemba walker, trade jose and then we we'll have a good team, for sure will make the playoffs, oh yea and hopefully resign barbosa
              You had me till you said you'd trade Jose. Why would you trade the only completely developed player on a team with so many players that need development? Everything else you said is accurate. I would consider trading Bargs (for an actual center) as well. But , after a second reading, there are too many ifs in your statement to begin with.

There's only two ways to gain 30 pounds of solid mass -- one way involves at least two years, a dietitian, and a trainer; the other uses things like "Clear" and medications I can't pronounce.

The quickest way to become good probably involves getting lucky in the draft, moving your biggest asset (Bargs) and bringing in an under-appreciated free agent. In the East doing 2 of those things would probably suffice.

Comment

You completely lost me when you said Bargnani is a PF and not a center. I din't read anything after that because I can only assume the rest of the post is just as flawed. Sorry.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                X