Matt & Jack- All Time Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ibzilla wrote: View Post
    I'm assuming you don't have NBA league pass and that's the reason why you are complaining. Most of these home broadcast teams are terrible and be thankful we don't have Chicago's or Boston's broadcast team. They can't analyze the game and it seems like you are watching the game through the eyes of the biggest homer in town with the lack of opposition replays. I would prefer it if the NBA tried the NFL broadcast method of sending different analysts to different teams every day. That way we don't have to listen to the same guys for 82 games and the broadcast would be less biased.
    That is a great idea. Will unfortunately never happen, but would make for some unbiased, game -focused commentary.

PS, what is with the dude in Miami, his voice is ridiculous!!!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      As if watching our team wasn't painful enuff this year, is anyone else finding it virtually unbearable listening to these morons talk this year. I used to be a big Jack fan, even met him and he was great. But come on.

There was a span in the late 3rd period where they rambled on for 7 minutes about other teams, NBA history, their karaoke CD, etc etc. It was nauseating, i actually yelled at my TV "shut the F up". Twice they interjected by saying the score...and then back to drivel.

I can understand if their wank producers are telling them to kill time, but personally, i would rather just hear the play by play without their mindless annoying banter. I find Paul Jones and E Smith do way better on their radio broadcast.

I feel like writing a letter to Rogers or TSN or whomever can address it. What do you guys think?
      If anyone EVER puts the words "Paul Jones" and "better than" in the same sentance again they should be beaten and left for dead. No disrespect to the man, his knowledge and understing of the game and alot of sports in general is fantastic. But as a play by play guys he rivals that douche in Boston. He is absolutely AWFUL.
      Deadallus

Comment

I looked inside the Raptors production truck once and say a bunch of chimps with headsets on playing around with the knobs. This may explain why they never replay a questionable call unless its a play at the end of a quarter or in crunch time.
        Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
          I looked inside the Raptors production truck once and say a bunch of chimps with headsets on playing around with the knobs. This may explain why they never replay a questionable call unless its a play at the end of a quarter or in crunch time.
          LOL, that's giving them too much credit bro!

Comment

For one season the NBA should rotate play by play and colour guys like they do refs. That would be hilarious...would love to hear Tommy H (celtics) call a Raps game as the Raps p&p guy. He would rip us apart.

Comment

Jack is ok, when he stays on topic. Devlin is a little bit over the top, like for example when he growls / shouts with enthusiasm for a play that reduces the amount the Raptors are losing by from like 20 to 18 points. Leo is the worst. I can't stand his attitude, and how he carries himself (pretty smug for a guy who played about all of 10 NBA games). I hope they get rid of him on Raptors broadcasts, and Basketball Canada should fire his ass too, and hire a real coach (meaning someone with, you know, coaching experience).

Comment

I am a Knicks fan

...and I just registered to reply to this post. I had to get this off my chest and I am truly relieved you guys feel the same. Every time the Knicks play Toronto my ears bleed when I catch your broadcast. I UTTERLY HATE IT. There was a quarter on one of the games when they decided to give up on what was happening on the court and interview an ex-player for 12 STRAIGHT MINUTES. They didn't even bother to look at the court. In fact, the guy turned his back to the court for a while. I can't stand a guy (who I happen to not remeber the name) that kept chanting Reggie! Reggie! the whole game. ***. Btw I hate the way the moron says "Sonny Weems".

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                  I'm assuming you don't have NBA league pass and that's the reason why you are complaining. Most of these home broadcast teams are terrible and be thankful we don't have Chicago's or Boston's broadcast team. They can't analyze the game and it seems like you are watching the game through the eyes of the biggest homer in town with the lack of opposition replays. I would prefer it if the NBA tried the NFL broadcast method of sending different analysts to different teams every day. That way we don't have to listen to the same guys for 82 games and the broadcast would be less biased.
                  A nice balance (for the fans of most teams) would be for all of the broadcast crews in the NBA to stay home, and only do home games. We'd see the opposing teams' broadcasts during away games.
                  I don't have league pass, but I've heard my fair share of other local analysts (though not all of them). Boston's are awful, despite having the luxury of a competitive team to discuss every night. Most of the blame for that has to go to Heinson. Aside from them, I can't remember a team of analysts that I thought came close to being as unprofessional as Devlin and Armstrong.
                  I'm not so bothered as most people on here seem to be about the content of the commentary - I don't need to hear guys talking about a game to make it enjoyable. I do, however, need to see the game. Every time Matt or Jack makes mention of a coach or player on the bench, somebody's slick hair, a new t-shirt on sale, or Terry the camera man, I'm tempted to shut it all off for the night, because A) I know that the absolute morons that waste space in the truck (they "do a great job every night" from what I hear) will immediatey cut to the aforementioned person or item right in the middle of a play, and B) they've set into motion a trend of diverging from the basketball that is certain not to return to normalcy.
                  I also find it annoying on principle that Matt and Jack can sing or banter idly through a few plays without mentioning what's happening on the court. Their directives should be to discuss the game. I remember a couple of years ago, Calderon had a pretty nice (not wide-open) dunk in the last minutes of a game, and these two idiots didn't even seem to notice. It was like they were sitting there looking at each other while they talked, without watching the play. These days, we'd be lucky if we even saw the play. There's something that really bothers me about showing players sitting disinterested on the bench and anything but the action on the court for the dying posession or three of a basketball game. It doesn't matter if they're down by 20. If my TV is set to that channel, and I'm watching it, I want to see the damn game! This is when we really depend on Matt to tell us what Troy Clara isn't allowing us to see. It seems like basketball is becoming the sideshow of their production.
                  I'm tempted to campaign for an en masse boycott of televised Raptors' games until their production changes drastically, but the low viewership would almost certainly be attributed to the poor record and play of the team itself.

Comment

So was anyone else at the game on Friday?

The crowd got "treated" to Matty D and a half drunk Jack singing Bon Jovi to the whole crowd. To his credit, Jack looked like he wasnt having fun doing it. Matt was hamming it up. I saw the Raptors bench look over at shame in them.

Is this what our season has come to?

Comment

If I'm remembering right, they showed a clip of some of it later on in the game, probably during play. I'm sure that the players really appreciated their commentators leading their entire home crowd in a musical tribute to how badly things have gone for the team this season. At this point, I'd trade a late 1st rounder for a new broadcast crew. It has really become pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X